*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:11:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is pathetic  (Read 9432 times)
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 04:05:18 am »

Cheating accusations will always occur on RVS because it is IMO one of the more rampant games in terms of cheats being available for the mac in recent years. So with cheats being  that readily available would have to mean that there are users requesting it, would it not?
Unfortunately the game is nearing the end of its life cycle too so i would assume patches for some of the basic flaws in the game will never occur?
So RVS = good game but  poorly supported and updated allowing cheating and basic hacking to play too big a part!

Lets see where do i start on this one, first off there is no cheating problem in RvS on Mac at all. People just get pissed off and accuse people of cheating, wine, and scream like a 1 year old crying for a bottle.
You seem to be one of them since you wont give us a real name anyways. RvS is not "at the end of it's life cycle", and it won't be for a while. I don't know how many times i have to say that some people are just really good at the game. Better than you, us, she, and he whatever doesn't matter. No one has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar yet so please stop being so pessimistic and have a beer. Cheer up man games are for fun after all.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 06:27:16 am »

ROFLMAO no cheating problem ...then why am i now looking at a website where i can dload a mac cheat and wait it has 336 downloads.
THATS AT LEAST 336 PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE CHEATS WHETHER THEY USE THEM I DONT KNOW.
But its a reasonable assumption that if u dload a cheat u would use it, is it not?
If its not at end of life cycle why are Aspyr not updating it.
PC version has been updated since the last mac update???

But then again no need for update ..because there is no problem.
Denial is always a good option
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 06:51:24 am »

Actual RvS is at EOL in the eyes of UBI. They are finishing up R6:4 (lockdown) for the consoles.. due out in september. Once they put the finishing touches on that they will divert their efforts on making the PC specific version.

Either way, seeing as there aren't 336 RvS players on GR, I find your evidence difficult to believe. A anti cheat would be welcomed, but the only one I know of that worked is MIA due to some overall scheme. If it's not too much trouble please let us know who you are, for some reason the anonymous postings makes me suspicious of you. I don't think many people who visit cheat sites are there just for the DL counter.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 08:45:13 am »

Wether or not cheating is a problem, I can understand that someone goes "guest" on us in a post like that. One thing this community is not very good at is to accept that some people have different views. As for the cheaters out there(which I do belive there are some of, don't know who, and I don't suspect anyone in particular), I do believe some exist. Both in GhR and RvS. It's so damn easy to cheat in both games, but this community gets so damn defensive whenever someone cries "CHEAT" that I doub't we'll ever look further into it. So, instead of dismissing things all together, I think we should listen, and see what we can do about things. Crying cheater at every kill isn't very constructive, but to dismiss it all together as lies, flawed evidence, whining, and as bullshit in general is foolish.

We talked about cheating in B&G in GR once(me and Shade), with Evill, about finding some so that he could maybe make a block against them, when I got a PM from one of the Clanleaders of an RvS clan where I was told not to bother about trying to look into the cheats, he told me it was a waste of time. Maybe he ment it was a waste of time. Maybe he really ment it was a waste of time, but I felt a bit shocked that someone would discourage me from trying to find out how we could work against these cheats. So in short, don't tell me that the cheaters aren't around, specially when the cheats are so easy to get a hold of(for those of you who wonder, a cheat ap has been sent to Evill..dunno if he has done anything against it or if he even can, I am a comp noob).

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
NiKLoT

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 09:29:05 am »

Theres an anti-chat softwear arround. BTs.Lee.Harvey's server has got a "cheat detector" (im talking about RvS) it cought 2 guys or more i only heard about 2 guys, and u know who these to guys were?? |3ID|_DB and A_Baked_Bean, now im not sure if i have to think about the anti-cheat softwear or about the rvs community... would be nice if we could know asap how good this anti cheatsoftwear is
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 09:41:44 am »

My stance on cheaters has always been the same: My clan doesn't cheat. We won the *DBL. The second placed clan was DR. They don't cheat. They're on the same level as us.

The best players in this community are in DR and MP5. None of them/us cheat. If there are cheaters out there, they're vastly inferior players, thus, I don't regard cheating as a problem in ths community.

"Guest", just as I do for anyone who posts as a "guest", I dismiss any "facts" that you give. If you're to cowardly to post under your real name, I sincerely doubt that any stats you give are accurate.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 11:37:39 am »

Yes there are anti hack mods that DO work for RvS.. I'm running one.. while it might not detect every hack.. it does detect some (and im not saying what ones it detects)BTs_bombastic and I are currently working on getting a web page up for the server on the BTs site to list who I have caught using cheats (and yes we have gotten a few so far. Monoman and I are also working on getting better anto hack mods working (not going to release this  one that is somewhat working yet.. dont want peeps to find ways around it yet)

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 01:28:19 pm »

OK so now would u start a season in this condition?Huh

would u play against people u dont trust so u get rapped and they look cool in there clan wause they are so great player/cheater

i wont

so found a solution to make CBs attractive or this season will be a fiasco again !!
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 11:47:59 pm »

The point i was making before the, "guest" came was when i say no one cheats, it means that no one cheats that matters. Like Typhy said MP5 and Dr are the best clans at RvS and none of us cheat. So these little idiots with their ret hacks can just get caught, but it's really just child's play. I would like to point out what Myst said also 336 people DON'T play RvS so anything that guy says is invalid.

Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 07:06:20 am »

this is funny though, MP5 and DR don't cheat. Ok, I believe that. I just find it funny that you guys think of those two clans only. There are other clans here that enjoy the game, that play further down on the ladder, that might come up against the cheaters and loose. Your arrogance gets me. These "vastly inferior players" play againts people not as good as you and beat other "vastly inferior players" and win...so it might in fact be a problem. Dr and MP5 are just TWO clans out there.

Maniac and Myst, your dismissal of what you typhy so nicely calls "proof" is poor. You can't dismiss his words by stating that 336 people don't play RvS on GR....there are other ways of playing RvS, so you can't go from "336 players don't play on GR", to "336 players don't play multiplayer RvS". Thats flawed logic, because I doubt you know everyone who playes over ip connect etc.

Harvey, didn't know you had an anti cheat ap running on your server, but it's great that you do.

I'll also keep defending "guest". Guess you'd have a corrupt president in America a bit longer, had it not been for a "guest" giving some facts to journalists. Plenty of evidence in the real world has been accepted from anonymous sources, so why should it be different here?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 08:41:20 am by :MoD: Brutha » Logged

NiKLoT

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2005, 08:52:42 am »

i dont know if any1 cares bout it but the GUEST was -aP-Pandabear. I realised it this morning when i was playing with him. he was talking about on pc world rvs is dead and mac world is lagging blablabla and some1 told me he hacked dont think hes anymore but he tried some hacks.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 09:54:04 am »

I don't think Pandabear has the brain power to write a complete sentence.

this is funny though, MP5 and DR don't cheat. Ok, I believe that. I just find it funny that you guys think of those two clans only. There are other clans here that enjoy the game, that play further down on the ladder, that might come up against the cheaters and loose. Your arrogance gets me. These "vastly inferior players" play againts people not as good as you and beat other "vastly inferior players" and win...so it might in fact be a problem. Dr and MP5 are just TWO clans out there. 

You missed the point completely. I'm not saying "cheaters aren't a threat to us, so why should I care?", I'm saying that Dr and MP5 are proof that cheating isn't the way to win in this community.

Maniac and Myst, your dismissal of what you typhy so nicely calls "proof" is poor. You can't dismiss his words by stating that 336 people don't play RvS on GR....there are other ways of playing RvS, so you can't go from "336 players don't play on GR", to "336 players don't play multiplayer RvS". Thats flawed logic, because I doubt you know everyone who playes over ip connect etc.

The biggest base of mac RVS MP players is GameRanger. It is logical to assume that many of those hits would've come from GR, the only mac RVS gaming community. Cheating is NOT an issue in this community. If there are cheaters out there, it is clear that their cheats do NOT give them a major advantage.

'll also keep defending "guest". Guess you'd have a corrupt president in America a bit longer, had it not been for a "guest" giving some facts to journalists. Plenty of evidence in the real world has been accepted from anonymous sources, so why should it be different here?

If someone came to me on GR and said "I have information for you related to cheating. I want you to post it for me, and allow me to remain anonymous", that'd be far, far different. If someone had just started writing letters to the Washington Post, with information that sounded completely made up, and showed no real understanding of the topic they were talking about, no one would've taken them seriously either.

None of the "information" Guest has posted would put him in any danger, of any sort. Thus, his reason for posting as a guest can be determined, logically, to be wanting to stir shit up, and knowing that everyone would just laugh him off under his real name, because it would confirm his lack of knowledge.

OK so now would u start a season in this condition?

would u play against people u dont trust so u get rapped and they look cool in there clan wause they are so great player/cheater

i wont

so found a solution to make CBs attractive or this season will be a fiasco again !!

Ghost, what the fuck are you talking about? Your ramblings contridict nearly every statement that has been made in this thread. Read before you post.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 12:27:23 pm »

I have already gotten one person who plays in  clan on the DBL ladder using a wall hack on my server... A few Key DBL admins know about this. I will not say the persons sn on here right now but you can look on my server page to find out :-P

http://www.battleteksquad.com/?area=server

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 01:12:59 pm »

Typhy, everytime soneone has said the word "cheating" in these forums or on GR theres always a lot of verbal abuse towards the person who said "cheating" out loud, no doubt about it. Both Dr and MP5 are very paranoid about being called cheaters. When this is said, no evidence what so ever has been produced against any players of these two clans, so there has been no reason to suspect them so far. But, if the motive of "guest" here was to raise our awareness of cheating, and if he thought it was an issue, I could understand that he wanted to be anonymous, because you guys haven't really been to forgiving in the past when it comes to i.e. admin decisions, and you haven't been to afraid of adressing these admins in GR. Perhaps this person didn't want that.....actually, even if he was only trying to start a flamewar, I'd understand(not sympathize) his decision to go incognito.

as for wether or not cheating is a problem(except at the top of the ladder, where it isn't), I find the debate on cheating interesting, and personal attacks should be avoided. Lets keep it constructive.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 04:56:43 pm »

as for wether or not cheating is a problem(except at the top of the ladder, where it isn't), I find the debate on cheating interesting, and personal attacks should be avoided. Lets keep it constructive.

i love it when people do my job for me.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2005, 09:13:13 pm »

Ah so Pandabear was the one going as the guest. Funny because yesterday morning i get a PM form him saying; "how did you get so good", I replied, "practice". I don't know if he was trying to get me to say hacks or something so he could come on the forum, and get me since i was arguing with him here. Sneaky of him to play with my trust like that. Going anonymous then asking me that on GameRanger since i don't have problem with him which means i would answer honestly.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2005, 09:32:12 pm »

Typhy, everytime soneone has said the word "cheating" in these forums or on GR theres always a lot of verbal abuse towards the person who said "cheating" out loud

I started this thread, talking about cheating. I lead the intial investigation into cheating allegations, along with Harvey.

As an RVS player, I don't think it's in the best interest of the RVS community for people to be thinking that cheating is a major issue.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 09:36:40 pm »

Brutha, your prior post seemed to personally attack me. I trust you are just judging me based on how our texan team mate quotes me, but lets look at my original post:

Actual RvS is at EOL in the eyes of UBI. They are finishing up R6:4 (lockdown) for the consoles.. due out in september. Once they put the finishing touches on that they will divert their efforts on making the PC specific version.

Either way, seeing as there aren't 336 RvS players on GR, I find your evidence difficult to believe. A anti cheat would be welcomed, but the only one I know of that worked is MIA due to some overall scheme. If it's not too much trouble please let us know who you are, for some reason the anonymous postings makes me suspicious of you. I don't think many people who visit cheat sites are there just for the DL counter.

I didn't say anything that was outright rejecting his claim. I know the cheats exist, I just don't believe anyone is actually using them. The reason everyone doesn't want to talk about them is quite obvious; noob/poor players who read this may begin to get interested and try to track down some sort of mac cheat. The less we talk about it in such a way, the longer those at the top have to figure out how to prevent it.

This entire thread should have been wiped out already but that's so republican of me. On the topic of politics you brought up, as previously stated, that person actually knew something. From what we've heard so far this time around, someone has found a site, found mac cheats, went to the downloads section. There is nothing to debate when it comes to cheating, we just need to figure out how to block it.

P.S. I live in Canada, not America.

P.P.S. Corrected my bad. Spike, you sure love making half quotes out of context, perhaps you should talk to me personally if you have this big of a "beef".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 11:46:27 pm by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 09:44:14 pm »

uh, myst, hate to break it to you, but shade hasnt posted in this thread. Unless you are pronouncing "Brutha" as "Shade" but who knows, thats how you Canadians might do.

And really, I don't see any reason to lock this thread. Everyone knows there are cheats. Actually myst, your particapation in this thread is quite funny, as I remember you threatening me, saying "I can ruin the RvS community, imagine publically hosted hacks."

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 12:08:13 am »

I didn't say anything that was outright rejecting his claim. I know the cheats exist, I just don't believe anyone is actually using them. The reason everyone doesn't want to talk about them is quite obvious; noob/poor players who read this may begin to get interested and try to track down some sort of mac cheat. The less we talk about it in such a way, the longer those at the top have to figure out how to prevent it.

LOL... There are alot more peeps then you think using them.. hell I got 2 peeps in the fist 3 days of having the anti hack mods in the server. there realy are alot of peeps using hacks due to the fact that a few guys desided to post links to some hacks in the main chat of the B&G a little while ago. If hacking was not such a problem i would not have a need to run anti hack software on my comp... or try to find better vers of it that will catch more hacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads