*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:18:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What clans would you like to play?  (Read 9397 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2005, 04:21:41 pm »

the community is not big enough at all for splitting the already small ladders into even smaller ones. it'd kill the activity completely cause every clan would have even less clans to cb.

Actually, I think it might cause a lot of new clans to form.  Right now, people are sort of uncertain about how well they would do against the older more experienced clans, so they don't even bother creating clans under the current ladder.  But, add a ladder "for them" and they might just start creating new clans and getting involved.  I mean, aren't there like 150,000 or more people signed up on GameRanger?  Surely more than just the handful we have in the *DBL want to play in a ladder environment.  Hey, just try it as a Test Ladder next season and see how it goes.  Doesn't hurt to try.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Civrock

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2005, 04:31:14 pm »

lol, don't take the number of signed up GameRanger accounts. maybe a 100th of them are regularly online... and even less than that play games that *DAMN offers ladders for.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2005, 06:37:28 pm »

but i said only 6 clans on the top division thats not alot and so u will have a full division

then division 2  will be maybe 4 or 6 or i hope 15 anyway it wont be a probleme if DIV 2 is not really full cause its clans that are not very active or not very pros in there trainning so u dont need them in ur division then if in this group one or 2 are more concern then this guys at the end of the season will go up in DIV 1

Anyway i dont have all aanswers and this if active one day must be thought more precisely, but for the moment plz civic think more about it u'll see some interest in it :

1/ u'll have to fight people with same interest

2/ u'll have more motivate clans cause they fight among people with same interests

3/ u can make simple rules for easy divisions and complicate rules for top division

4/ it will push some clans to fight and train so they can bring there clans to a greater division

5/ u wont have to find some tricks in rules (like sheeps or fat sheeps) to have better rank clans fight only or mostly same ranked clans

and more i'm sure
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2005, 06:47:27 pm »

A touch of the topic title, but rather than what clans, id like to say what server i miss playing on....

Buccaneers, 36 player Siege games with 3 Spawns. Those games were crazy, yes there was some spawn kiliing, yes that happens in Siege, but at the same time it was like full out war - when you have 36 guys going at it you've got some pretty impressive gun battles!!! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Daf|Raven™

Ready to fight to the death!

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2005, 08:12:38 pm »

Ghost, say they do put this division idea into effect, is it possible to go up in divisions? like the same way they do in other sports. and again if so, would you be bumped down by new divisions coming in? It wouldn't be hard if you follow the natural idea of other sports leagues. it sounds more interesting, however, it would only work on ghr ladders, there's not enough clans for the others for it to work.

I'm not that blind, i'm not deaf either, make a sudden movement or sound and I don't miss it, you're just dead
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2005, 08:31:14 pm »

the idea sounds interesting. Ghost you have a point here.

OMG another 4 years !!!
maco.fr

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2005, 08:40:07 pm »

or maybe we simply thought [TRIBE] wouldnt be participating cause of stuff that has been said in another thread by another [TRIBE] member... Roll Eyes

And Where you saw that ??
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2005, 10:34:16 pm »

yop maco, la peche ?

OMG another 4 years !!!
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 01:08:07 am »

OMG!  I am trying to find the thread (it might have been in the brief time i was an admin) where I proposed the very same thing.

I had the idea where there are two leagues.... an elite league and a novice league.  The gist of it was that the last two in the elite lag would drop down to the novice league and the top two from the novice league would gain elite status.  You would get x amount of points for beating an elite team and x amount for beating a novice team.

This was all before the sheep system.

whatever.

Than again, I had also proposed a more open admin system where leaders of clans that were in the DBl for more than 2 seasons would be place on a panel to decide issues with admins collectively.

just thoughts.

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2005, 09:31:42 am »

I had the idea where there are two leagues.... an elite league and a novice league.  The gist of it was that the last two in the elite lag would drop down to the novice league and the top two from the novice league would gain elite status.  You would get x amount of points for beating an elite team and x amount for beating a novice team.

waooooo thats not my idea !!!!! dont read what i never writen

I nether talked about elit and novice nether !!!!! thats not a good idea, cause u can have highly trained clans or players in Division 2 but clans that are not really compiting this or that season so they went back to div 2, and DIV 2 can nether play Vs DIV 1

DIV 2 play Vs DIV 2 and if in the first 2 at the end of season they can go up DIV1 to fight the more motivated or skilled or trained ones (what ever u wana see in DIV1)

we could also imagine that DIV 1 can be started with the top 6 clans of this season !! or next one

Well just some more ideas!!

I keep writing here but do we realy need a new system? i dont know !! this one is not that bad

cya online
OpS][Thrill
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2005, 05:04:44 pm »

OpS][ Would like too play [TRIBE] in a cqb

10 sheeps or 20

and OpS][ Want Too Play -ViP- in a cb

for 25 sheep or 20 or 10
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 05:58:13 pm by OpS][Thrill » Logged
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2005, 09:29:03 pm »

[09:24] OpS][G-Force: well
[09:24] OpS][G-Force: in fairness
[09:24] OpS][G-Force: if we can beat z][t we can beat u =P

Sounds like a challenge to me... we'll hold you up to that challenge OpS][ Smiley

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2005, 10:09:42 pm »

u did only beat zt cause i werent playing  Cheesy, i wanna say good job and congratulations with the win.

Stripes

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
OpS][Thrill
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2005, 08:13:02 am »

thx   but maybe i wasnt lucky cuz i had wz and he killed himself in last 5 seconds so Wink
maco.fr

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 08:16:20 pm »

OpS][ Would like too play [TRIBE] in a cqb
use google too translate:

Edited for flaming. Maco that was crossing the line. Consider this a final warning. [ BFG ]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:43:10 pm by BFG » Logged
Daf|Raven™

Ready to fight to the death!

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2005, 05:23:27 pm »

It would be good if all the clans could get on at a certain time to do cbs, especially for rvs since there aren't many rvser's at the same time *sigh*
Maybe we could set certain days to do cbing, so people could adjust their scheduals more accordingly so they would know which days they need to get on for cbs instead of them be randomly any time during the week. But make it more than one day cause some people might not be able to make it one of those days. I wonder if it would be possible to do that...

I'm not that blind, i'm not deaf either, make a sudden movement or sound and I don't miss it, you're just dead
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2005, 12:11:33 pm »

But there are many complications with that too. Work, timezones, girlfriends, studies. ect.

It's been thought of, but unfortunatly not an option. What could change all this, is if we had a scoresystem, where the losing clan didn't lose points. Right now, many clans are afraid of playing the best, because they want to keep their sheep(yeah, i've used that excuse against one clan too).

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2005, 12:19:39 pm »

The point of the sheep is that you can bet a low amount of sheep so you can always play and don't have to be afraid of losing a lot, isn't it. The FyS will even reduce this again in the coming season for the RvS team ladder.

If you don't lose anything - you have the same problem as in the preseason 2001. Mass dominates all.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2005, 12:26:54 pm »

Don't worry, i'll try anything once before I comment on it.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 02:53:41 pm »

Ghost Racoon would like to clan battle someone. Just give me a PM and I'll give you a cb Smiley

Dream opponents:

Zero T Clan, season 6 set up
BTs, season 4 set up
Core, Season 5 set up
NBK, season 5 set up       (A new GhRa vs NBK show down would be cool, eh stripes?)

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads