*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:49:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you expect from season X?  (Read 6390 times)
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »

My only intent here, BFG, is to try and increase the amount of CBs my clan will battle in.  Being a member of nRg I'm looking at things the way that would most help our clan.

Being able to only cb a clan 6 times seems, hurtful, because it kept us from battling it out with another clan simply for fun and not always for uber-stakes.  If we could battle up to 20 times, it would make it possible to still have a few cbs for 10, 15 or 20 sheep, while leaving us open to lots of quick and fun 1 or 3 or 5 sheep battles.

I simply mentioned limiting how much sheep you could win from a clan to 100, just for the sake of having a countermeasure.

Ugh.... I don't think I'm making much sense anymore......  I hope you see what my goal is with trying to be able to CB clans more than 6 times.

I know MoD happens to be a clan that we CB frequently, and I thought it would be fun and more inviting to be able to cb them 3 or 4 times for 1, 3, or 5 sheep, and not feel like the next 3 have to be for larger stakes, just because we only have 3 times left.

Considering that nRg and MoD members tend to be on at the same time most nights, it would be great to be able to cb each night (or something like that) and not have your CBs run out in a week.

Hell, maybe I'm the idiot for thinking of 'fun'.... as Civic points out, I'm not supposed to CB clans I think are fun.  Wink

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2005, 10:03:04 pm »

please don't twist my words, weakspot. what i said is:

well, you're supposed to cb against as many clans as possible, though, and not only vs the clans you think itīs fun to play against. that's one of the purposes of the cb limit.

Roll Eyes

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2005, 10:23:37 pm »

civic, notice the good nature and  Wink in my post.  I thought you might catch on to the light humour in it.  I know you're German, but did I have to spell it out?

Not everything is an attempt to take a crack at you..... relax, have a heineken or something.  at ease soldier.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2005, 10:35:03 pm »

I sort of agree with weak, I think that if we were able to play a clan 20 times would be too much (that may have been an exageration) but 10 or even 8 would be a much better limit, because simply sometimes its very hard for US clans to play Euro clans.  There is a 5-8 hour time diffference between Most of Europe and North America,  Thus when people get home from work or school 3 or 5 (in the Americas) it would be anywhere between 8 and 1 Euro or 10 and 3 euro times, which leaves for hard to schedule cb's.  I think that if the limit was increased it would not make the number oif Euro - Americas cb's dwindle, but allow for the Euro clans to battle the Euro Clans more often and the Americas clans to battle more often.  8 times seems like a better number than 6 to me and you wouldnt even have to put a limit on sheepling bets. 

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2005, 11:27:10 pm »

guys is it really complicate??? I start to be super confused with all this hard rules?? why does it have to be so complicate? Is there anyone with a Easy idea?? some thing that we dont have to think so much and just have fun Cbing who we like to cb with and avoid who we dont like!!! I'm realy not ashame to say that some clans do  not interest me to cb with some i dont care some i love it (mods or zts ;-))) ) and i think its my main right to choose who i will cb or not and hate to fill forst to cb a clan i dont want or player i dont want to be involved with!!!

if my freedom of CBs (lol) is still a right then its cool + if i dont need to found my old texasinstrument back from school drawer (18 years ago) then its cool too!!!

simple things are always nicer and more elegent!!

have fun
ghost
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2005, 11:27:39 pm »

Heres an idea  just to mull over. Lets think of splitting the clans into maybe 2-4 Conferences. Place clans into their prosective time-zones. Let the clans battle within their conference's Sheep limits.
If Clans find other clans out of their confernece let them battle within Outer Sheep Limit.
This could possibly take away stress finding CB's and opening a better Finals. Again..this is only an idea to be thought about.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2005, 12:10:53 am »

Heres an idea  just to mull over. Lets think of splitting the clans into maybe 2-4 Conferences. Place clans into their prosective time-zones. Let the clans battle within their conference's Sheep limits.
If Clans find other clans out of their confernece let them battle within Outer Sheep Limit.
This could possibly take away stress finding CB's and opening a better Finals. Again..this is only an idea to be thought about.

I don't think we have enough clans per conference. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I think it would just be too complicated.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Ein

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2005, 12:18:14 am »

ok guys cmon... 20 cb's? Thats a bit high... When it was thought of to raise the limit I was all for it but not as many as 20 cb's or every cb will only be 3-5 sheep bets. Set the limit low enough still to encourage wagering a bit. (looking up at my post before)10 sounds good.

Ein
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2005, 02:44:14 am »

20 was used as an exaggeration, merely for effect.  10 might be nice.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 02:45:47 am by theweakspot » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2005, 02:50:04 am »

I was hoping you were exagerating, but still 10? that seems like an aweful many.  If you can even cb a clan 10 times in a season I would be surprised.  I think 8 would be a better number, dont need bite off more than we can chew but I dont know maybe you have a good argument for 10 sheep.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ein

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2005, 03:13:27 am »

I was hoping you were exagerating, but still 10? that seems like an aweful many.  If you can even cb a clan 10 times in a season I would be surprised.  I think 8 would be a better number, dont need bite off more than we can chew but I dont know maybe you have a good argument for 10 sheep.

yeah... 10=good round number. 8=only 2 more cb's than allowed now.(seems pointless)

this posts writer=Ein
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2005, 03:21:16 am »

6 was only 2 steps up from four which was a good change, I am worried about clans that only play one other clans, and if they can do it 10 times and win all ten times, there is no competitioin, the 8 would keep more competition and make clans play a variety of other clans not just one or two clans.

cO.twist

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2005, 04:35:12 am »

i think 10 would be the least amount it should be...yea there might be a few gay clans that would abuse it to an extent...but most of the clans don't...the season is quite a long time, so if the cb's were for like 3-5 sheep everytime, that would be cool.

why not set a limit on how many sheep each clan can bet on each cb.  that would solve everything.  1-10 sheep would be nice.
this would benefit everyone because you wouldnt have clans abusing it by betting 50+ sheep.  plus, the good clans can cb each other as much as we want.  It makes the league a lot more fun when we arent forced to cb noob clans after 1/2 the season is over.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 04:43:09 am by cO.twist » Logged
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2005, 04:58:44 am »

I agree wholeheartedly, but I do believe the admins and other members opposed this idea last season.

BTW, mac, if we had enough active clans, i would love your idea.

cO.twist

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2005, 05:08:35 am »

last season was the first season for us to have sheep.  this was suggested and turned down?  one question...why?

Another point i'd like to add, if there were the 10 sheep limit to a cb, then the clans wouldnt have to be to serious about every single cb during the season.  some of the players on clans that dont normally get to play that much in cb's would be able to play more.  i really don't see a negative point about this idea.  i'd make the season so much better, and fun to play..you think ppl would bitch and moan about every little glitch they think they see during the season? i doubt it..
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2005, 05:12:00 am »

Yes maybe if we get rid of the cb limit (edited by dark) and have a max sheep bid (15 sounds nice, ooh what about a minimum of neg 5, just kidding)  Then we could have cb's worth one sheep, so that it still counted and wouldnt be dubbed a PCB (practice cb) so that the win would mean something for the nonexperienced clanner.  A max bid sounds much better than a max cb limit to me.

I changed some things from my original post after a convo with others and deciding that no cb limit or either more than 10 would benefit if we had a sheep bid. 

Mauti I know I would like to know the reason from you that there is a cb limit per clan v clan (say mod v nrg)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 05:26:32 am by DarK. » Logged

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2005, 06:02:48 am »

I support raising the limit on cb's to 10-15.  No more, no less.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
cO.twist

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2005, 06:08:30 am »

15 would be enough cb's in a season per clan, but limiting the # of sheep to 10 or 15 per cb would be ideal.
BTs_hooks

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2005, 06:25:49 am »

i agree with the fact that the amount of sheep. but limiting the amount of cbs allowed is just stupid. whats to stop a noob clan from just waiting till the end when the good clans cant cb anymore, also this is a game, the object of a game is to have fun competing against one another, restricting the amount of cbs u can play a season goes against the main reason to play a video game.

hooks
bonfire

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2005, 06:42:54 am »

I would like to see a sheep bet limit, but not a cb clan limit.

I am aware that some clans might abuse this by pullin iP type shit, but those should be handled accordingly, not limiting the entire community.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads