*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:30:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you expect from season X?  (Read 6393 times)
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 01:12:33 am »

weak the reason one clan can only battle another clan 6 times (which for last season I think was upped from 4) is that when one clan is playing a completely noob clan, if they can play them 10 times, thats a heck of alot more sheep that they can gain from playing a clan who they know they can beat.

theoretically you could win up to 100 sheep from any clan.  I see where the CB limit was more valuable in seasons past, but now with the sheep I really dont think it matters.  Heck, we saw last season a few CBs that were for 100 sheep.

Would it be a good idea for you to be able to CB a clan as many times as you possible and the oly limit being that you cant win more than 100 sheep from one clan....

... the way i see it, it would allow nRg to battle, say, MoD as many times as possible.  Last season we always had some good games but after 6 CBs we had to stop, even though maybe 30 sheep had changed hands.

I just hate being limited to the amount of CBs I can play.  Especially against the teams that are fun to battle.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 01:18:08 am »

well, you're supposed to cb against as many clans as possible, though, and not only vs the clans you think it´s fun to play against. that's one of the purposes of the cb limit.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 01:19:02 am »

Weak, season 9 RvS ladder:

z][t battled iP 6 times (or close to it) and thus put them very high on the ladder despite the low profile wins.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 01:29:52 am »

well, you're supposed to cb against as many clans as possible, though, and not only vs the clans you think it´s fun to play against. that's one of the purposes of the cb limit.

where in the rules does it say im supposed to battle as many clans as possible?  And I really like battling against a few clans... well, actually, there is only one clan I DON'T enjoy cb'ing.

Whatever.

And is it really important to play against as many CLANS as possible, or to play as many CBs as possible.

I mean, before you could beef up your stats by pounding on a clan over and over.... but, now many clans won't battle you for more than 3 or 5 sheep.... and very rarely will they do it 6 times...

again, why is there a limit?  Is it really to play as many clans as possible.  well, if some refuse to CB or are never on at times that we are, is that really helping?

What does the rest of the community think?

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2005, 01:33:04 am »

Consider the fact the non limit rule could cut clans out of the season if others can get by never having to change who they CB.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2005, 01:48:37 am »

^^^

good point, myst.  But lets say *nRg battled MoD 20 times this season.  It would have to be competive or else why would we battle 20 times.

let's say we battled each time for 10 sheep, and lets say we spilt the 20 games... that would still 'force' us to play other clans because we'd still be at 100 sheep (assuming we ONLY played MoD like you said might be the case if the clan limit was waived)

And the plus side, we played 20 competitive and fun CBs without sheep changing hands.  Of course, I might be seeing it wrong.

Why not make it so that you can battle any clan any amount of times.  The only limit being that you can't win more that 'X' amount of sheep from them.

Ein

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005, 04:48:32 am »

I understand where your coming from weak and I personally agree. The limit now is 6 cbs per clan. So theoretically, you could battle a noob clan and take 80 sheep. They win back 60 somehow or another and you battle them again and take 40. Already with just 2 cbs vs a noob clan, you can pass 100 sheep and even more if this noob clan, by some twist of fate, won a bunch of sheep, perhaps from another noob clan.       
    Originally(I thought) the limit on cb's was made to stop clans from taking advantage of noob clans to get more points based on our old point system. If this is the reason, then wouldnt it be more fair to limit the amount of sheep one clan could gain from another... perhaps to only 100.
     Maybe Im wrong... I dont know... but it seems so right.

Ein
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 06:36:58 am »

...seems logical to me, Ein.  that's why i bring it up.  let's see if we can bring about some change.

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 09:08:24 am »

...seems logical to me, Ein.  that's why i bring it up.  let's see if we can bring about some change.

I agree with you Weak.. but you really think they would really vote for it? It's a shame we don't have too much say in this League.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2005, 11:40:38 am »

Yes, we remember the problem of some clan betting all their sheep for nothing because they lost their motivation this problem will be addressed and some solutions will be presented soon, where you can post your ideas about and also add your own if you come up with something better.

Bye,

Mauti
ps.: Macüber that's not true, or why do you think I start all these threads? (rhetorical quaestion)

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2005, 04:32:34 pm »

Yes, we remember the problem of some clan betting all their sheep for nothing because they lost their motivation this problem will be addressed and some solutions will be presented soon, where you can post your ideas about and also add your own if you come up with something better.

thanks for checking in Mauti but you didn't address the original thought I had.  My point is that placing a limit on CBs is no longer beneficial or an effective control measure with the new sheep system.  So, why no remove it?

Doing so would creat the possibility for more CBs.  Currently, we don't always CB some clans even if its only for 1 or 2 sheep, because we know that each time we do so it will take away an oppurtunity to play for larger stakes when the situation arises.

Taking away this limit that has really no effect anymore would see many more clans battle eachother, even if it is for smaller stakes.

Increased CBing, even for small stakes, would pour some more fun and action into our league.  Don't you agree?

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 04:43:05 pm »

Weakspot I think you are wrong there, because the new sheep bet limit for a certain time period(amount of cbs) will only be effective if the current rule stays, that you can only cb a clan twice in a row and then have to play another clan(s). We may can look to increase the overall limit again, but the 2times in a row rule will stay for security reasons.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2005, 02:23:12 am »

I really dont understand what you are saying, sorry, mauti.  Are you saying that the admins may consider increasing the times you may cb another clan?

I have no problem with the '2 CBs in a row' rule that is in place, I'm certain why you bring that up.

Just to restate: I think that allowing clans to cb, say up to 20 times, will increase CBs becuase it will allow clans to play matches for 1 or 2 sheep, without worrying about future possible CBs dwindling.  Personally, this idea sounds appealing to me, becaiuse it will increase activity.

Of course im thinking of this on the positive side, and not a paranoid 'who is going to cheat the system' sort of way.

Ein

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2005, 05:15:06 am »

Bye,

Mauti
ps.: Macüber that's not true, or why do you think I start all these threads? (rhetorical quaestion)

Whats rhetorical mean? (sarcastic response)
Ein
Civrock

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2005, 05:21:48 am »

rhetorical in case of a rhetorical question:

rhetorical
Wink

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Ein

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2005, 05:34:35 am »

ok... now the actual ppost...

I think that the 2 cb rule should stay in place, as well but I have come to another conclusion about the limits of total cb's against one clan.  
    Personally, after thinking about it a bit, I have come to the conclusion that there should deffinately be a limit on cb's against one clan but not such a low limit of 6 per clan. I see a benefit to the limit. It encourages clans to risk a bit more sheep with the few cbs they have against a clan because they want to gain as much sheep as possible from those cb's. Also, last season(though my current clan was less active), we only started to run into the problem of maxing out our cb's with clans near the end of the sheep season(marked by the crash). The season would have had a few more weeks before finals so we would have been running into some problems finding cbs with eligable clans soon.
    If the limit were perhaps increased to 10 per clan, that should accomidate most clans in making more eligable cb's available. This number is still low enough however, that clans will want to make their cb's against the other clans count for a bit more by offering more sheep.

Just a thought,
Ein

afterthought: thanks Civic

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2005, 07:07:18 am »

rgr that Ein.

I guess I was just thinking about increasing the amount of cbs, and not necessarily the amount of sheep that are wagered.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2005, 12:00:20 pm »

So is there a general suggestion here that you would like to be able to cb other clans more often - yet have lower betting to counteract the "50 sheep clan wipe out" problems that we saw before? - for instance being able to play another clan six or eight times - but be more limited in the number of sheep that can be bet each game? - in effect increasing the number of games and decreasing the significance of each game?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 04:41:28 pm »

I agree with you Weak.. but you really think they would really vote for it? It's a shame we don't have too much say in this League.

Actually, the Damn Admins are closely following this thread to develop ideas from the community.
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 06:29:30 pm »

Actually, the Damn Admins are closely following this thread to develop ideas from the community.

Lets hope so...because Weak brought up a valid point. Euro clans are on during the early mornings where across the pond we're on later (Evenings). If the rule were to allow more than 6, but less sheep, issue would be resolved.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads