*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:21:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you expect from season X?  (Read 6391 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: January 09, 2005, 02:00:05 am »

Hi guys and gals,

I would like to know what do you expect from season X? What did you like at season 9, what not, what new things we should add for season X? Please leave as many comments as possible and tell also your clanmates to post. Your opinion is very important for us.

Have a nice day,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 02:05:27 am »

I would like to see the GhR FFA Ladder available with only 3 players.  It's sometimes very hard to find that 4th person to play....and boy do I love FFA!!![/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 02:59:42 am »

OMG GS...you don't already play enough FFA??

My thoughts include as always...looking into having a set schedule which requires all clans to play all the other clans at least once throughout the season.  Very challenging but maybe we can at least look into it.

Also...maybe some thoughts on individual stats for cb's to be posted on the BL site.  Highest # of kills...least deaths, you know, that kinda stuff.  It would mean each clan having a "statkeeper" for each cb...I plan on doing this for all of -UnKnowN.[?]'s cb's and posting them on our site just for a little fun...

Whatever, season runs really nice as it is though.

+

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 04:44:02 am »

What do I expect season X to bring us? season 9 seemed virtually flawless to me...I mean really, who doesn't like sheep Grin I honestly can't think of anything that needs to be fixed. If I can I'll be sure to edit this post.

thoughts on individual stats for cb's to be posted on the BL site.
This is an interesting idea.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Ein

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:01:24 am »

What do I expect season X to bring us? season 9 seemed virtually flawless to me...I mean really, who doesn't like sheep Grin I honestly can't think of anything that needs to be fixed. If I can I'll be sure to edit this post.

thoughts on individual stats for cb's to be posted on the BL site.
This is an interesting idea.

Well, that's wick for ya... Always coming up with ideas, and once in a while, a useful one comes out.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 06:00:00 am »

Great Idea, or is it... if you think about it how much time are most of us willing to spend entering in the total amount of kills so-and-so had after every game?  Honestly that sounds like way to much work and even though it is a good idea it would include new scripts that might not be done by the end of january and too much hassle on the part of the cb poster.  Might cause speech on kdx such as, " Hey lets just lose this so the other team has to waste their time posting all my kills."  Just kidding we all know no one would do that but it is quite silly to spend I0 minutes trying to post kills.  One last point against this is the fact that ss must be taken and no one is perfect as we all know.  What happens if the clan gets mad at the other clan and "forgets" to post the kills?  Just my veiws though.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 06:39:05 am »

Good point. Unless there was some sort of automated system that made it easy to point them, it just seems like it would increase the possibility for problems, and flames on the forums.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 07:18:31 am »

yes, Dark has some valid points. This being a hassle during cbs would be my main reason against it. Other than that I'de be willing to take as much time as needed to post the stats of a cb.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 07:36:30 am »

When I played PC RS you just kept track of your own kills and then the winning clan was responsible for putting in all the kills for their teams. They would submit it then the losing clan would put in theirs and confirm the match but if they had a problem they would send a complaint to an admin. So the winning clan does their ind. stats and the losing team does theirs and its on a submission system so no admins are needed.

The minor problem: people could create a clan and just submit wins to their real clan and confirm it with their fake one.

Just a suggestion, mb you already have something like this in place... I mean I haven't played since Season 3.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 03:56:27 pm »

And I played PC GhR where each team was responsible for taking screeshots of the aftermath screesn and the winning team would ad up all kills for all players and post them. Does not take 10 minutes Dark, trust me...it takes 2(as long as one member tells you the kills while you post them).

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 04:44:55 pm »

The minor problem: people could create a clan and just submit wins to their real clan and confirm it with their fake one.

I think clans have already tried that around here and have been caught pretty quickly.  That's the good thing about DAMN, it's so small that most of us know each other so well that "imposters" are weeded out when they come around...

I think the stats thing could really work though.  It wouldn't be THAT much work...just takes a designated "statkeeper" for each cb.  One guy from each clan to take SS's.

Kills would be a category, and probably the most interesting one, but there could easily be others that we could keep track of:

1.  Individual Kill Totals:  Equal to Points Per Game in the NBA
2.  Individual Death Totals:  Equal to Field Goal Percentage (or something like that)
3.  Maps Played Totals:  I'd love to see in number format which maps are played and how much...
4.  Nade Totals and Percetage:  List of best naders.....and likewise a list of best "shooters"

...Add yours.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 04:57:58 pm »

ghr doesnt specify who got naded and who got shot, but what about the clans who would rather not have all the other clans know the maps they pick and enjoy playing?  That is part of some clan strategies.  I dont think that the map should be listed, although it would probly be fine to try the kill total at least.  I think that the problem would be people forgetting, and something this minor shouldnt count for "warning points" if a clan forgot to take a ss of one game.  There are just so many factors, then there is the scripting of this, maybe season XI not season X.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ein

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 05:36:42 pm »

But if your trying to keep track of how many kills each player had, etc... isnt that pretty much the same thing you do durring a FFA(track the amount of kills for each player). And how do we do that you ask? Well, isnt it required anyways that both clans take screen shots at the end of each round(reasoning behind it to prevent clans from cheating). Now on those screen shots, it lists how many kills each player has. Also, if they had nade kills, it's gonna show that.
Now as for actually entering all that info... dont we have to do that all anyways for the FFA ladder(this player came in first, this player second, etc.). So my question, why do poeple complain about what they already are doing... just for another ladder?

Just some thoughts
Ein
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2005, 06:47:56 pm »

But if your trying to keep track of how many kills each player had, etc... isnt that pretty much the same thing you do durring a FFA(track the amount of kills for each player). And how do we do that you ask? Well, isnt it required anyways that both clans take screen shots at the end of each round(reasoning behind it to prevent clans from cheating). Now on those screen shots, it lists how many kills each player has. Also, if they had nade kills, it's gonna show that.
Now as for actually entering all that info... dont we have to do that all anyways for the FFA ladder(this player came in first, this player second, etc.). So my question, why do poeple complain about what they already are doing... just for another ladder?

You are absolutely correct Ein.  The only problem I see with it is that it was so much of a hassle to do in the FFA ladders that only a few people would host games, because only those few wanted to mess with posting everything (me and you being two of those people).  So not that it wouldn't be easy to do, I think it's just a bigger hassle than most people want to mess with (doesn't bother me personally, I like all that tedious shit).  And that was just putting who landed in what place....not listing every individual kill.[/size]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 08:08:50 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 07:26:07 pm »

but Ein in the FFA ladder you didnt have to post the exact amount of kills did you? You just had to note 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place,  I may be wrong.

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 09:29:06 pm »

ghr doesnt specify who got naded and who got shot, but what about the clans who would rather not have all the other clans know the maps they pick and enjoy playing?  That is part of some clan strategies.  I dont think that the map should be listed, although it would probly be fine to try the kill total at least.  I think that the problem would be people forgetting, and something this minor shouldnt count for "warning points" if a clan forgot to take a ss of one game.  There are just so many factors, then there is the scripting of this, maybe season XI not season X.

Two points:

1.  Keeping track of how many kills each member of each clan has for cb's would be really, really easy.

I'm sure that every clan can find one guy who wouldn't mind taking SS's each time and then reviewing when the cb is over.

I think this would really help our league in many ways by helping with the all-star game, helping clans learn who they need to key on and be more aware of for practices, etc...you know stuff like that. 

I'm just a stat junkie with everything from sports, to populations/demographics, etc....I find stats almost as interesting as playing the game itself.

2.  As far as clans not wanting others to know what maps they like....tough.

We already know many clans record all replays and then practice off them to watch other clan tactics.  They aren't supposed to but people do it anyway.  This is not even close to that when the issue of "observing" comes up.

I equate it more to scouts on a football team going to watch other teams play their games before they come to you on the schedule. 

What this idea is all about is an attempt to make cb's more "public" and not simply just a Clan A vs Clan B 5-3-1 result on a BL table.  Just bringing more detail that would make the community more interested in the competition going on around them.  Shoutcasting could benefit greatly from this by knowing more detail about the match they were describing...similar to a broadcaster at a sporting event.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 09:49:44 pm »

Sounds mighty interesting and personally im thinking along the same lines as Wickedson (and i love stats  Grin )

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ein

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2005, 11:36:37 pm »

but Ein in the FFA ladder you didnt have to post the exact amount of kills did you? You just had to note 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place,  I may be wrong.

All you had to do was say who was frst, second, third, etc., true... b ut how much harder would it be to say who placed what and then in a box next to their name type in how many kills each player had. Not that much work. Perhaps GhostSniper is right and it is only him and I who wouldnt mind hosting but I would like to think that players dont mind the added responsibility of posting to have the opportunity to play in a good and active League.

Oh, and BTW: I am a stat junkie also. Would love to know this stuff. Prove how much better than the rest of my clan I am. hehe. j/k
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 02:51:08 am »

One thing I would like to see is the amount of times you can play one clan in a cb increased....

I believe that you may only cb a team 6 times, and no more than 2 times in a row, but why can't we battle a team as many as ten times or perhaps limiting the amount of sheep you can win from a clan....

I just know that most of my team is on during a certain part of the day when only certain other clans are on and we'd like to be able to cb as much as possible.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 11:00:43 pm »

weak the reason one clan can only battle another clan 6 times (which for last season I think was upped from 4) is that when one clan is playing a completely noob clan, if they can play them 10 times, thats a heck of alot more sheep that they can gain from playing a clan who they know they can beat.  This is just stopped the better clans from ganging up on the little clans, also it is good to play other clans, if you play one clan six times you need to start playing other clans as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads