*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:26:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trying to stop the truth only proves my point.  (Read 8183 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2004, 12:29:59 am »

Now, back on the subject at hand....

I think Aramarth may have just worded things wrong at first....but then with each new post he contradicted himself and then made his ideas sound even worse.  I just hope he sees my point now.
[/size]

This just about sums it up, all of this started because Ara simply misworded something.

The only reason that it's gone this far is because Ara's trying to defend him self against about 6 attackers. When you're arguing against that many people, you tend to make mistakes.

That said, I think this issue is taking away from the real problem. New admins would only foul things up more. What we need is stability. It's time for everyone to put aside any problems they may have with the current admins, and do what's best for the league.

Get off Ara's back. He's been a damn good admin, I think most of us can agree on that. Let's not make a big issue out of a mere miswording.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2004, 01:40:01 am »

Then let him correct himself. Until I hear from him I will assume he means what he said.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2004, 01:53:07 am »

Then let him correct himself. Until I hear from him I will assume he means what he said.

Then assume it, but bitching at him over something this minor is a complete waste of his and your time.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2004, 03:46:50 am »

Corrupt admins are worth my time.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2004, 12:28:51 pm »

Now this calls for an explanation, what do you mean corrupt? When in Aras time as an admin have you seen him being biased? When has he voted in favor of :MoD: and not in favor of all clans involved? You claim...actually you accuse him of being corrupt without giving an explanation. His words were badly chosen in the first post, but all have moved on except you. So, this makes me wonder if you think for the best of the league at all. To me it seems that you just want to take him out.

The question was if an admin was here for his clan or not. Yes and no, an admin represents the player in the league, his clan and others. Simple as that.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2004, 03:06:46 pm »

Corruption is Bad.

Absolute Corruption is Kinda Neat.
  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2004, 03:31:17 pm »

Corruption is Bad.
Absolute Corruption is Kinda Neat.

Hence why you like Bush?  Wink
Ok, it was a cheap shot, but it screamed out to be exploited. Apologies in advance.

The funniest thing to me about this entire thread is that as an admin I may just be the most effective on staff. I try to treat everyone as a friend as I am sure both eight and typhy can tell you. I listen to everyone. Yet the length of typing here is an accusation that I serve only MoD and not the community.

There is a lot of bad wording and bad reading that was done in this thread, thats pretty obvious. I think the important part is for you gentlemen to understand that I do not favor MoD over other clans during my admin duties. Heck, I was an .::|N| member and a [one] member longer than MoD, and I don't see you complaining about my favoring them.

People like you, GS and Mysterio, are looking for someone to beat over the head. I do not think I am bragging when I say that I should be the last guy on your list. I don't know if I have ever seen such irony. No one on gameranger had a bad word to say about me until I became an admin... A few months later, I must obviously be the bad guy. Neither of you has anything to suggest that I am not doing my job, but a few lines of text that I typed after my bedtime apparently gave you all you needed to call me corrupt.

Put a sock in it. If I was corrupt, this thread would have disappeared the very second that you first started fussing at me.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2004, 06:30:34 pm »

Well I would beat Civic over the head, but he seems to be saying the right things. Your mistake wasn't read between the lines. It was a statement that I didn't like to hear. Now we know it wasn't meant to sound that way so I can't say much.

John Lennon
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2004, 10:33:08 pm »

You could apologise for calling me corrupt with no grounds other than our apparent inability to communicate...

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2004, 11:43:51 pm »

I don't intend to you were corrupt in my view at the time because you put mod's interest first according to you yourself. I see nor reason to say any apology for your disability in the area of communication..

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2004, 06:19:20 pm »

Hello folks... Just thought i would stick my head around the door briefly and see what this fun old post is all about... It looks like one i should have been about for when this all stirred up - alas for reasons outside of my controll as im sure you will appreciate meant i couldn't be... blame the transit van driver Wink

Briefly everything is in the rules paragraph on the *DAMN command structure - brain has copied and pasted it in on the previouse page.

As the Chairman im here to make sure that the Admins do the best job they can and don't cross the line. They have clear guidlines and rules when dealing with issues that they must follow and im really just acting as 'big brother' of the admin section making sure that things go smoothly. I drop the odd piece of advice when can if i feel i have a solution or way of helping the Admins deal with problems or issues that arise.

If five or more admins feel i have abused or missused my 'powers' then mauti has made it very clear they have to do nothing more than email him with the reasons why and the chair can be suspened etc... I hope they would come to me and raise their issues before it ever got to that - but just to clarify i wasn't granted invunrability and keys to *DAMN Wink I don't vote on any Admin issues, i have no say on the matters etc..

If members of the comunity have seriouse issues with the behaviour of an Admin then i am here to take those complaints... hell think of me as a janitor/caretaker come  customer services.
If you do have problems feel free to send me an email or give me a shout - i know i hvn't been about and wont be for a while but when im back on my feet and the seasons kick up im always around.

Oh and regarding the whole clan thing? Admins should be here to feed the thoughts and feelings of the community to a decision making table. We cant have a table that fits the many hundreds of players we have. So like a goverment we have the elected representatives. When i was an admin i regarded myself as an admin for every single clan member that was active on the BL... be they a one week old clan or a three year old clan - the fact that i was/am a member of :MoD: or the little green men appreciation society makes no difference. The Admins are clan members becasue it is the clans that make this BL... what point would there be to having an admin who had no knowledge or experience of actually being 'in' the BL?

I gotta go rest. sorry if most of this dosn't make any sence...not very with 'it'

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2004, 07:31:57 pm »

Mkkay that cleared up your job and what the admins should do. When you read the thread you saw what was wrong.

John Lennon
Noto
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2004, 05:28:30 am »

You could apologise for calling me corrupt with no grounds other than our apparent inability to communicate...

Fuck apologizing to you, Aramarth.  You spelled apologize with an "s".  Traitor...

Roll Eyes

.::|N| Noto

Wink
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2004, 05:39:56 am »

THE PROFANITY!

John Lennon
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2004, 08:35:59 pm »

Holy crap I did.... Shocked

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2004, 03:38:26 pm »

Welcome to the dark side, Ara. Thats the way, write like all civilised people do.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2004, 04:15:37 pm »

Gj Brutha, on letting the thread die.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2004, 05:21:00 pm »

this might be a little old now, but i had my period and didnt want to reply while i was pms'ing. i get awfully nasteh.

I had the pleasure of being in a clan w Aramarth and he had my "vote" for admin. so did most if the ones that became admins. I know that he does not take sides and always tries to push thing forward and improve whatever he is a part of. i think MOST ppl know this. but when "wording" becomes a problem and "sorry" isnt visible enough for some - well then it seems that there are a few head choppers out there.
and Mysterio, dude. how about letting things go? i dont know ya and u might be a cool dude, but to me, you just sound like an agressor that looks for a fight. this is not the market place and a crowd is screaming for someones head to get chopped of m8.(could be that its your "wording that makes it sound like that) it is a place for fun, and that goes for the admins as well. i wouldnt wanna touch that job if i got paid for it.  over the time that ive been a part of the BL i have seen that it has become more and more agressive, its not a good direction.

Although i am all up for change and new blood. i wouldnt mind seeing a poll during off season. there are changes - new clans - new active members - new voices. pehaps we should poll new ones that want a role as admin? or maybe ppl are just too dishearted of all the crap these guys get that it has no purpose.

anyway, thanx for the hard work you guys put it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 05:22:33 pm by z][t-Rampage » Logged

Live every day, as if it's your last
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2004, 06:10:47 pm »

You know, had you worded that differently maybe I would have let it slide, let you feel like you've made a difference. But seeing as you didn't I'm just going to use a Jerry Springer clich?:

Rampage, you don't know me. Shut up.

John Lennon
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2004, 08:26:48 pm »

and since you didnt either, u just prove my point

*worded myself w a soft and feminine tone*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 08:27:58 pm by z][t-Rampage » Logged

Live every day, as if it's your last
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads