*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:37:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trying to stop the truth only proves my point.  (Read 8185 times)
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« on: July 08, 2004, 12:38:07 am »

Civic, you poor misguided soul. Don't you realize that by trying to stop my voice of protest you only strengthen my case?

I have not been out of line in any way, shape or form. I have been nothing but respectful in this discussion. Whether you believe it or not I am trying to help the DBL save itself. This is a perfect example of the BS is dealt with regularly as an admin. Somebody doesn't like what you say and instead of discussing it like rational human beings they stop listening, or in this case, they resort to censorship.

That IS NOT nor will it EVER BE a healthy thing for this league. How can you say you give a damn about this league when you are not even willing to hear opinions that differ from yours?

Legitimate issues were being discussed and it is absolutely reprehensible that you would try to stop a serious discussion about the future of the DBL. It is your DUTY as an ADMIN to consider these larger issues. This just goes to show that some admins cannot tolerate dissent to the point that they are willing to silence anyone who criticizes them (even constructively).

If I were a member of the public at large I would immediately call for Civic's resignation on the grounds of Gross Negligence, Total Incompetence, and Conduct Unbecoming an Admin.

However, I am no longer a member of the general public, so I bid you all a fond farewell. I will remember the good times we had (however few) and I wish you all luck in restoring your league to it's former glory. Though I will not hold my breath.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 12:52:09 am »

Hooah alaric. Although i am an admin on here i dont like the way these so called "perfect" admins locking posts whenever they feel. I do agree Alaric. Most of the admins on the *DAMN forums abuse their privilages by locking threads that are about them. And then they go off and complain about others abusing their privilages. Whats the community coming to. Alaric, no hard feelings on the resignation. I hope you enjoy the time that you have now that you are no longer an admin. Good luck and good gaming.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:57:45 am »

it's just the truth which is missing in your posts, Alaric... there's nothing to stop.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 01:07:56 am »

Maybe its the truth in his eyes but not in yours? Everyone seems to have tunnel vision. They see what they want to and not what they dont want to. Maybe when these people see both sides then we will have a nice league, until then let the noob talk continue.

Civrock

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 01:13:33 am »

oh, forgot to mention that Mauti posted a new message in the BL news a few minutes ago.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 01:54:47 am »

I would like to call for Civic's resignation on the grounds of Gross Negligence, Total Incompetence, and Abuse of Power.

Civic, what the hell is wrong with you? You disagree with Alaric, then you go right out and prove his point.

One of the reasons that, in my eyes, you'll never be a good admin is  because you won't acknowledge the fact that there's a problem. Things won't get fixed unless people acknowledge that they exist.

This is by no means the first time I've seen you abuse your power. You're an obsessive, power crazed incompetent, egotistical fool. You'll never admit when you make a mistake. You think you're so far above everyone else that you can get away with anything, and you're so sure of yourself that you rarely even bother consulting other moderators, or paying any attention to the admin guidelines.

This league can even begin to take steps forward if people like Civic are running it.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 02:31:23 am »

Here here!

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 03:13:10 am »

uhh lets keep in mind that you shouldn't jump on just one admin....

Roll Eyes

Let the games begin!

Grin
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 03:13:34 am by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 03:22:26 am »

As I'm outside of the Admin system I can only vouch for what I have seen of the Admining here.

The Admining, on the whole. has been good.  

However, as for Mauti not being around ... I have to agree with Al.

I've sent him a little cash not long ago, but my account doesn't reflect that.  Do I care that much about being visibly a DAMN supporter? No. But I do see it as a tiny glimpse into the general lack of Mauti's participation. Frankly, dude's busy! So I don't begrudge him for not being a common participant. But it revels that there is a lack of leadership.

And I think the way that Alaric feels demonstraits that clearly.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 06:49:43 am »

Im sure he will update your status ASAP. I just wish the man in charge was around more to update the main news....DAMN could be so much better with activity.

and

so true, so true...

Well, you guys are just realizing now the reason I left as a DAMN administrator. As you can see Im not the only one who see's this.

btw: Eight, you make me laugh. The only reason why your not riping Tyhpy apart for his post is because you see this as an oportunity for you new ladder system. Pretty weak if you ask me.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 09:30:31 am »

I For once agree with typhy on this (am muc has i hate to say it) being out of the DBL this season but still following whats going on I have seen just what was happing. Not trying to flame typhy of anything.. but.. he did this in the past as well and you see where it got him.... Kicked from the admin team. (sry typhy.. not trying to offend you.. just proving a point about your post).

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 10:21:38 am »

I'm glad i bring a chuckle to you, Vood...

Didn't know you had a sense of humor...
I didn't rip into Typhy just maybe because i agree with him...?

And you left DAMN as an admin because i believe you was next with the admin firing...
Voting on issues you shouldnt of been voting on, breaking admin guidlines... not even knowing how to play a ghr replay back in the days... dude you were the sorry-est excuse for an admin in any league... Again...

IM GLAD YOUR NOT AN ADMIN ANYWHERE...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 03:30:20 pm »

In response to Sixhits,

sorry that I didn't update your status, but I didn't read the Black Ops so I didn't saw your message. When you made your donation I emailed you back to thank you for your support and asked if you are on the forums here, but I never got an answer so I didn't know that Nevin is you Sixhits.

btw new hardware should arrive here at the end of the week  Grin.

In response to all those postings I have read about the BL. Some of you are posting complaints that aren't true anymore since the end of season VII. The admins have discussed and voted about so many things. Of course not all changes are obvious if you don't play on the ladder. Yes there are still few critic points and the major one being me not active. Well since few seasons admins have the complete power to change almost everything, and Alaric is right that there have been issues especially in season VII where I should have been online. That are stories were Bucc was completly right, but even this things aren't true anymore. If we had an important issue this season where my help was really required the chairman contacted me and had my response within one day.

About the games Eight: Battlefield and Black Hawk Down were just released and we never have games added midseason. Further you forget that we concentrate on tactical games so you don't find Medal of Honor here. Of course we can offer a ladder for each game out there but that would lead to nothing, to a bunch of very poorly administrated ladders. Our rules are finally with the help of Noto very clear and in this season we had less issues than ever before.

Yep, of course there is room for improvements. The idea of a chairman submitted by Voodoo and Bucc at the end of season VII helped a lot. It was a good contructive addition.

Season IX will come with a few changes ladderwise and a lot of surprises like season 5 had once ago.

Last but not least it is fun that the guys who don't play on the ladder are always the first who jump on the bash and flame bandwagon.

Alaric the reason why your previous post has been locked by Civic is obvious - the words you used weren't appropriate. You just flamed around. No reasons just swearing, bashing, etc. This thread deserved to be locked and I gonna send it to the sewage work now.

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 03:42:07 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
alaric
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 07:40:34 pm »

Alaric the reason why your previous post has been locked by Civic is obvious - the words you used weren't appropriate. You just flamed around. No reasons just swearing, bashing, etc. This thread deserved to be locked and I gonna send it to the sewage work now.

Bye,

Mauti

Convenient how you say I "flamed around" "swearing, bashing, etc." after you carefully destroyed the evidence. And how you're now going to destroy this thread because you don't like the ideas it represents.

Mauti, I never thought I'd say this, but, you disgust me. What have you become?

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 08:17:57 pm »

Lets see? We jump on things because they same problems keep coming back to bite each one of us in the ass...

We got banned because we told the admins to take the extention and shove it... all this came with less then 2 hours before the first round of finals ended, after we waited all weekend long... THEN the main admin on the hunt for this extention is the same moron who was stuck in the same position this season, asking for no extention...

Shit keeps getting changed back and forth nothing is ever set in stone.
Few seasons before the BTs & MP5 fiasco,  i believe 2 other clans had the same exact issue almost, yet the admins voted diffrently on that again....

We post because we care, we asked you an elandrion to help change the league back in the past and yes there has been some good and bad changes...

I dont believe that Alaric was "flaming" he among others have the same exact point of view... Which if you were around you would see that its the popular vote.

As for BFG being a chairman... what good does that do? (No offense dude and please get better) He doesn't have any real power... and if so? Should he be in a clan? Should ther be more then 1 admin/mod in a clan?

If there is an issue between MOD and someone else... and the admins cant decide on a decision does the Chairman make the decision then?

Just curious not flaming...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 10:52:35 pm »

The chairman has no voting capacity. His job in the event of a deadlock would be to contact Mauti and/or Elan for a tiebreaker vote. BFG has one job, and that is to smack admins who misbehave. Sadly, BFG is not availible to be online just now, due to his car accident...

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 11:01:58 pm »

I saw nothing wrong with Alarics old thread, why was it locked? There was no abusive language or rudeness towards the admins. I agree there are a lot of problems with the BL, but this mongering of locking threads and acting weird around each other isn't going to solve the larger problem of the community tearing itself apart.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 11:28:50 pm »

In response to Sixhits,

sorry that I didn't update your status, but I didn't read the Black Ops so I didn't saw your message. When you made your donation I emailed you back to thank you for your support and asked if you are on the forums here, but I never got an answer so I didn't know that Nevin is you Sixhits.

In a word -- Thanks! No hard feelings what-so-ever.

Hope the new stuff kicks a regular ass-load.

Additionally, here's hoping everyone is willing to work things out. Regardless of the disagreements and slighted egos, the structural problems witheh BL are mild. Mostly, it works. Everyone here is very passionate about the BL -- that should tell you just how successful an institution it is.

It's a real shame to see ppl like Alaric go. I think most ppl would agree that the job of admining the Bl is mostly thankless and hard to execute. Seeing ppl leave who had dedicated a portion of their time to admining things is disheartening.

In the end I expect it to work out, because we all care about the system and enjoy the community. So let's try and focus on the positives, even while we're all feeling the negatives so strongly.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 11:36:02 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 03:02:53 am »

Alaric,

you know that no evidence will be destroyed it is just in a place where normal user can't see it. So I can bring it back whenever I want.

If you read the first reactions on your post people had no glue what you disliked you just complained without giving reasons. I think a thread that only complains but without giving points what you dislike and why is a flame thread.

And I'm still the same as I ever was, I just have less time to run the league myself that's true so I tried to give the admins the full power to change things but obviously for some this was also disappointing in few points so we gonna try out a mixed version for season IX: me as producer and the admins as directors.

Eight, I don't know why you still blame me for the BTs ban. The ban was decided by the admins, guys representating few active clans in the league. They had their reasons and made a common decision. Please get over it. I know that you are disagreeing with the decision, but I think the admins considered the facts and decided to ban BTs. I don't have to say more about this.

Alaric is right that Bucc and the other admins have needed me at this time, because they needed some assistance with their decision, unfortunaly I couldn't help due my lack of presence in the forums. That's a valid complain, and to prevent that this is happening again I have a good chairman, who gives advice and informs me about important things where I'm needed beside his other functions.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
alaric
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 06:04:58 am »

You know that no evidence will be destroyed it is just in a place where normal user can't see it. So I can bring it back whenever I want.
So for the public at large, it's effectively destroyed.

If you read the first reactions on your post people had no glue what you disliked you just complained without giving reasons. I think a thread that only complains but without giving points what you dislike and why is a flame thread.
Mauti, you know as well as I that I enumerated my points later on in that thread. But since you conveniently destroyed the evidence, you can now get away with saying it was just flames.

The reason I was brief early on was out of respect for the other admins. But I soon discovered that the general public had legitimate questions and I felt I owed it to them to answer their questions to the best of my ability.

Now, there are things that they know that they know. There are things they know that they don't know. And there are things that they don't know that they don't know. I was just letting them know some of the things that they didn't know that they didn't know. And I hope you know that now everyone knows what they didn't know.

Alaric is right that Bucc and the other admins have needed me at this time, because they needed some assistance with their decision, unfortunaly I couldn't help due my lack of presence in the forums. That's a valid complain, and to prevent that this is happening again I have a good chairman, who gives advice and informs me about important things where I'm needed beside his other functions.
The chairman is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't go far enough. And the fundamental problem of it being YOUR league remains. For a league to have real lasting power it must be owned by the public. Having one person own it gives it the achilles heel of a single point of failure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads