*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:21:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA for Next season  (Read 4411 times)
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2004, 10:00:12 pm »

But fuck it you guys just read what you want to read and try to start a flame war when ever you got the chance. Grow up Noto.

Diesel can come up for himself and he did it in a civilized way. Stay out of it if your intention is only to start a flame war.
If its going to be this way in next season, I might not even wanna join, because its just like every other ladder, the crap ends in the forum.

tnx for reading.

Since the .::|N|etwork's return to the DBL, I would hope we can, AT THE LEAST, keep the AA ladder clean from the following:  BITCHING, FLAMING, AND SHIT TALKING!

Im sure everyone on this ladder will agree that we can work out an problems that may arise.  Also, was it concluded that we can have a select group moderating the AA ladder from each clan?  I think this would be very beneficial.  This moderators have to be playin AA for the clans- I would assume.  

Any thoughts?

Please read my earlier post above Sentinel and you will see my intensions.   Wink

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
-a2-RAH-66
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2004, 10:09:29 pm »

lets try to stay on topic and talk about next season, not what happened this season
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2004, 10:35:10 pm »

Come on Noto, I know your only intentions were to defend Diesel and The Network here, but like it or not, your post isn't very friendly, please try to be nicer to Sentinel.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2004, 10:28:42 am »

Guys this seems to be going nowhere.... Enought of the bitching and flaming. Get this Thread back on track or it will be locked.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2004, 11:16:23 pm »

Well, seems BTs will not be playing in the AA Ladder for Season VIII anyways, so none of my opinions on the subject of AA really matter (even though it is my favorite game in the world and pretty much the only ladder I participated in).  I will be keeping the BTs server up.....I just upgraded it to 20 man by the way....so the new IP is: 69.25.17.50

Come play in the server....I'll probably be spending most of my time there.  Would love to see some of you guys on there.  lol...some, not all  Wink

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2004, 01:57:27 am »

Just cause yall are out doesnt mean we wont war....-a2- is still up for warrin yall, if you guys dont want to we can scrim or somethin....i think that we will be going with these rules next season

No longer will an AA match be one map. From now on out a match will consist of 2 maps. The challanging team (assault) will challange a clan, the defending team will accept and choose a map and side. Teams will play 6 rounds including a set up round. Then after the 6 live rounds, the challanging team will choose a map and a side. The process will repeat. Best of 12 rounds wins. This way both clans have an even opportunity to win. Tiebreaker will be decided on Mout McKenna in a best of 3 round scenario. Input?

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 02:48:06 pm »

Whats the projected time output for your Average AA cb going to be then? Just wondering after you said best of 12 rounds - i know its rare for a game to be played out but 12 x 10 plus 15 mins between and set up etc =... oh god my maths is bad... 135 mins? thats way over 2 hours isnt' it?

I think the time issue is an inportant aspect we had to take into account with both GhR and RvS.. and AA should be no different..

th.Sentinel

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 04:23:04 pm »

The time won't be an issue, since the 2 cb's we played last season, every round lasted around 3-5 mins, and it was a 4v4. If one of the teams doesn't decide to start camping, 12 rounds would be easily played in around 1hr, 1hr30.

But I still have a problem with the map picks, Rebel, you propose to switch map after the first game has ended and then the second team picks the map. I said in an earlier post that we would get nasty situations. Where we would get more arguements and forum crap if it would be played like this.

The real reason I quoted eight was the next thing: How about 1 team picks side and map? then after thats done the other team picks side and map....?
NO WAY I'm gonna play this way, you know why? Because if say: we take CSAR assault and lose 3-4, everything fine we can still come back on the next map... But hey, the other team then decides to take BRIDGE DEFENSE. Well the only thing we can say is that their map choice is lame, but we can't do shit about it. Its almost certain we're gonna lose this one...

I suggest playing less rounds but switch sides on the same map and after both teams played both sides then the other team can pick the next map. I know that the cb would last longer then. But I can only see this as fair. The only way we can still do it your way, is by the random map generator for both the maps... But then we can just switch sides aswell.

I want some more input from other clans that participate in the ladder, see what they think about this rule.

Tnx,
th.Sent

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 05:32:46 pm »

Whats the projected time output for your Average AA cb going to be then? Just wondering after you said best of 12 rounds - i know its rare for a game to be played out but 12 x 10 plus 15 mins between and set up etc =... oh god my maths is bad... 135 mins? thats way over 2 hours isnt' it?
 I think the time issue is an inportant aspect we had to take into account with both GhR and RvS.. and AA should be no different..

Sentinel is correct, each round is very short.  I don't think in a single CB that BTs played did the timer expire on any of the rounds.  AA is a fairly faced-paced game (not quite as fast as RvS) so the CB's go pretty quick.  I think we completed the CB we had with -a2- in under an hour.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 05:54:38 pm »

Good stuff, i just wasn't sure - a lot of the big AA games i play online seem to start fast then slow down as defence sit back more and offence are a little more weary moving around those corners Wink

th.Sentinel

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 11:20:06 pm »

You've been playing to much with pc-players  Wink

Game rooms with around 20 ppl take more time then 4v4, 5v5 games, just because some ppl don't dare to take risks or try to win the game by sitting in a corner. It also depends from map to map...

But for me AA is less tense then playing a GhR cb. Grin

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads