*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:02:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA for Next season  (Read 4412 times)
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 04:43:42 am »

I dont think in AA theres a problem with clans not cbing eeach other... just clans not showing up for cbs...

random map thing is SHIT.

How about 1 team picks side and map? then after thats done the other team picks side and map....?

At least everyone willbe happy

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 06:56:53 am »

ughh... i dont really play AA ... but i hvae played it.. it isn't shit just havn't got time lately :O) .. But i agree With eight here, it would be more fair (for the clans) heh

Stripes

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 07:36:48 am »

Well, I am a simple person to be honest.  I think that it's best that for now we just use DAMN BL.  I know that Rebel has a good idea about the clan challenging thing and whatnot, but to be honest it's tough enough managing a clan with 3 different ladders, let alone a whole new BL.  And to be honest I think it's kewl that DAMN is letting us use their league to make AA grow for the Mac.  We have pretty much everything we need here to the point of admins, a decent and well used forum, and almost everyone that is into BL playing is quite aware of the DAMN BL.  That just makes it easier to get more clans into the BL.  By making another BL it will just divide the clans as it is because most clans dont want to play on two different Battle Leagues.  Most of you guys replying to this topic know AA like the back of ure hand.  But we also know what happens when people have tried to start a seperate Macintosh BL.  There just arent enough of us at this time to do that, especially for AA.  Although I do believe that everyone here can make a huge difference in making the DAMN AA BL a great thing if they are willing to put a little time into it, it just all depends on how much you love AA, and weather or not you are willing to share those ideas to be used on DAMN since everyone here obviously uses DAMN as it is for their cbing needs.

:MoD:Saberian  

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
th.Sentinel

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2004, 11:10:09 am »

I dont think in AA theres a problem with clans not cbing eeach other... just clans not showing up for cbs...

random map thing is SHIT.

How about 1 team picks side and map? then after thats done the other team picks side and map....?

At least everyone willbe happy

Clans can organize their battles here on damn, in the bl section, like we always do now.
But to settle a cb the challenged clan must have time to talk to their members, and sometimes not all members are online every day. That's why the opossing clan should post on the clan's forum too, if possible. And I want more time, say about 3-5 days or mb a week, because when some US clan challenges us for a cb during the week and some of our members don't come online and don't have time to watch the forum, it seams we chicken out for the cb, while we actually didn't see the challenge or didn't have time to respond.
Also when a clan accepts a challenge but by some problem don't have the amount of players online that day, they should inform the other clan at least 2hrs or more before the cb that they won't be able to play. That way the date can be set to another day, so no clan is forced to forfeit.
If the clan doesn't show up and didn't inform the other clan, by saying a simple "sorry, but we can't play the cb in 2hrs, mb we can set up another date". Then it should be a forfeit to me. There are still circumstances, like when someone has to go to hospital or some other important matter, where the other clan shouldn't be forced into a forfeit, but that's up to the clans itself.

I don't really like the random map generator either, altough it can be fun factor playing more different maps, then always the same. It forces you to come up with tactics on all the maps, like in ghr.

The real reason I quoted eight was the next thing: How about 1 team picks side and map? then after thats done the other team picks side and map....?
NO WAY I'm gonna play this way, you know why? Because if say: we take CSAR assault and lose 3-4, everything fine we can still come back on the next map... But hey, the other team then desides to take BRIDGE DEFENSE. Well the only thing we can is that their map choice is lame, but we can't do shit about it. Its almost certain we're gonna lose this one...
The way it would be ok; 1st team picks map and side, then after the 1st match we switch sides. Then the hosts clan picks map and side and switch after the 1st match. If it is a tie, the amount of games that each clan won will be the deciding factor.
ex: 4-3 ; 2-4 ; 2-4 ; 4-2 (2nd clan wins)
OK the cb would last a bit longer, but isn't this about having fun?

The a2 ladder is ok by me, I will talk to my clan if they want to join up. But does it have a future? Isn't it gonna be a dead ladder? Like the siege one on here, or the BTs team ladder? The only reason the 1v1 ladder on BTs was active, was because there wasn't any alternative.

I wish you all the luck with the ladder,
and lets us have some fun AA cb's next season, with some more active clans.

Cya there,
th.Sent
 Wink

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 03:09:47 pm »

I don't like the map thing, because what if it picks an ?ber crappy map like recon?

Hey, SF Recon is one of the best maps on America's Army.  I love that map!  I don't know why more people in my clan don't like it, but it is one of my favorites!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
-a2-RAH-66
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2004, 09:28:22 pm »

why not make it that every clan has to cb all of the other clans a certain amount of times before the end of the season. This way everyone plays the same amout of cbs and everyone faces the same amount of compition.

-a2-RAH-66

and BTW i like the random map idea
-a2-RAH-66
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 09:34:53 pm »

and for finals: team 1 (of regular season) cbs team 4 and team 2 cbs team 3. then the winner of the two cbs plays for the championship. The higher ranked team picks the map but has to declare it 48 hours before the cb.

-a2-RAH-66
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 11:18:59 pm »

8 the whole reason for the random map is to make things fair. Trust me with the way things are going now....no one will want to challange another clan due to the fact that now that all clans know the rules they will practice the hell out of 2 maps and make sure they cant lose. This prevents people from wanting to challange. Plz pull ur head out of ur ass and think about this one before u go on a "anything reb says is wrong" rant. PC ladders use it and i feel its a great thing. TWL is one that uses it cause we used at all 9 wars we had on TWL before they told us we couldnt war cause we couldnt run a stupid PC anti cheat program. BTW we were 7-2 on TWL. TWL is run the same way as i described earlier.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 11:22:41 pm »

If you guys dont want to do it on aanother ladder why not work this into DAMN? I mean mauti if u see this do u think u could work it out? or would u like me to contact TWL and see if they could help yah do it? One clan picking a map is totally unfair. U have to see it from my the defending teams view. If i challanged u on a map that my clan plays everyday and u never play would it be fair to you? No it wouldnt.

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 11:25:17 pm »

Now that i think about it eight....that just might work. Running it like RS. Could make for some sweet matches. I will input it with the AA admins. Wow thats the nicest thing ive said to Eight ever.....

.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 02:28:34 pm »

If the admin of this AA League is making decisions for the best intrest of the Ladder, then use the random map thingy and let all maps be playable.  You cant remove a map from the ladder just cause you "Lag."  If you lag on a certain map because your computer cant handle it, then you better pray that the random thingy dosent pick that map.  Get over it and move on.  Any major revisions to the rules of this ladder can me made next season when an ACTUAL full season has been played.  

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 03:41:41 pm »

Maybe the rules can be followed? regardless of the ladders?

another suggestion... STOP BENDING THE RULES TO SUIT TYPHY

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
th.Sentinel

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 05:30:12 pm »

The suggestion of RAH is actually very reasonable, make the AA ladder more like a tournament, like competition soccer/football. Clans subscribe to the AA ladder and play each other a certain amount of times 2 - 3 - 4 ...

It will be up to the clans to settle the date of the cb. The maps will be randomly generated by damn and placed on the specific cb.

Ex.

Clan A vs Clan D on maps MOUT mckenna - Weapons Cache

Then those two maps will be played during the cb and on each map two matches where teams switch side.

The only thing I don?t like on a tournament ladder is the pointsystem we use now. I don?t know if the pointsystem will work here... Mb go back to a fixed point system.

I also like the tournament version because then no one can complain about clans that only play the weakest on the ladder. Everyone needs to cb everyone and at the end of the season we can have play-offs... With apple-commercials and cheerleaders and... Grin

No, the tournament seams a good idea to me. Makes it more exciting and mb less blabla...

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2004, 05:41:43 pm »

The suggestion of RAH is actually very reasonable, make the AA ladder more like a tournament, like competition soccer/football. Clans subscribe to the AA ladder and play each other a certain amount of times 2 - 3 - 4 ...

It will be up to the clans to settle the date of the cb. The maps will be randomly generated by damn and placed on the specific cb.

Ex.

Clan A vs Clan D on maps MOUT mckenna - Weapons Cache

Then those two maps will be played during the cb and on each map two matches where teams switch side.

The only thing I don?t like on a tournament ladder is the pointsystem we use now. I don?t know if the pointsystem will work here... Mb go back to a fixed point system.

I also like the tournament version because then no one can complain about clans that only play the weakest on the ladder. Everyone needs to cb everyone and at the end of the season we can have play-offs... With apple-commercials and cheerleaders and...

No, the tournament seams a good idea to me. Makes it more exciting and mb less blabla...

Firstly, the proposal to remove certain maps because of lag was an issue.  That is a small issue to be dealt with.  The idea of reworking the entire ladder is absurd.  There is no reason to change the style in which the ladder is played.  Its a new ladde that is really only its real first season coming up with a number of projected clans willing to participate.  Reworking the style of the ladder should not be discussed due to small change suggestions to map usage.  

_D
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2004, 06:21:48 pm »

Like the same point system all our football leagues uses..  3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
-a2-RAH-66
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2004, 06:47:54 pm »

and 1 pt for an overtime loss (from hockey)

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2004, 07:31:41 pm »

Like the same point system all our football leagues uses..  3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss.
and 1 pt for an overtime loss (from hockey)

I think you guys are missing the point.  Maut has scripts written for the ladder already.  Would this be that important where he should change them again?  The point system is NOT the issue.  

_D
th.Sentinel

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2004, 07:54:39 pm »

Diesel, don't be so offensive.

We are only trying to make the ladder more intresting, my clan participated in the ladder, while your clan was subscribed but didn't play. All the necessary things were there, but why didn't you guys play? Why didn't you guys open the AA season last time? Why is the real first season coming up? The first season has allrdy been played, you guys just didn't compete in it.

I'm getting sick of defending every post I make, while they are just suggestions.
But it seams NEW ideas aren't welcome...

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2004, 08:21:45 pm »

Settle down there Cowboy, Im at work and writing as if "At work."  It may sound stern but its actually not.  Dont worry us playing on the AA ladder Big Boy--save your AA experience lecture for someone else. Wink   Your experience extends to a total of a few matches before the season ended.  It really the seem like anyone competed untill the end of the season.  Your point system is a great idea, but there is an effective point system being used already.  

I'm getting sick of defending every post I make, while they are just suggestions.
But it seams NEW ideas aren't welcome...

LOL...  Take a break from the forums.  Your reading into shit way to much.  

_D
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2004, 09:41:41 pm »

Is this really what we have come too? A turn based game role playing game where you look for loopholes in the previous posters post and punch below the belt...come on guys...

Group hug?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads