*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:08:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are people scared of season 6?  (Read 5748 times)
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« on: December 07, 2003, 06:57:04 am »

Frankly i can't belive how many clans havnt CB'ed. Things arn't right in the air. sar and crypt havnt been doing their usual 80 cqb's and I've never seen so many inactive clans on the GhR team ladder... WHAT IS IT? Huh Huh

I Think people are just scared of breaking a rule or being disqualified. It's simply ludacris.

Kuza
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 07:02:10 am by |GM| Kuza:. » Logged

is it 2008 yet?
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 08:45:11 am »

Maby they don't like you, give it some time, when ppl are off for holidays im sure there will be more.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 12:06:39 pm »

This season is really disappointing for z][t.
Yesterday we asked over 5 clans that had 3 or members online if they wanted to cb but we got following excuses:

Person XXX: No, I just opened a siege room and I have 4 people here waiting for me to start it.

Person YYY: No, we are too scared of you.

Person ZZZ: We don't like 2 vs 2... Let us get one more guy online and we can cb. *we fetch another of their guys* Hmmm.... 3 vs 3 is no fun. Get us TWO more and we will cb.

Person XYY: Nah, we would rather like to cb someone we haven't played before (we have played them once).

Season 6 is a bundle of fun.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 06:31:38 pm »

I want to cb as many different clans as possible
I think we only cbed one clan twice

and flies whats the point in getting back to real life as you know after that christmas present you will be a living plant again.

Now last season people where screaming that the admins didnt played GHr so we picked admins thta played it, but now I miss the core clan on the ladder Sad

Flies you owe us a win  Wink

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 07:11:41 pm »

would love to stay and chat but I have to go do some christmas shopping and find a tree...
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 07:48:22 pm »

I know that most of my clan is in the throws of the end of semesters at college right now, so we've rarely had 3 members on at the same time (that are actually there, not idle and away).

Also, I think there's a lot of people (like me and Alaric) looking forward to RvS, and not as much at GhR.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 12:10:27 am »

2 words: Raven Shield, that will storm this community like a madman, and activity will be up again. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 12:33:58 am by BTs_CRYPT » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 12:18:27 am »

Like everyone said maybe everyone is just tired of Ghost Recon.

Look at it this way.

The amount of GhR games always up: 11+
Average time someone plays GhR: 30 min - 2 hours
Average CB time during earlier cbs: 1-8 hours
Average amount of cbs done during that season: 100+

Of course those statistics aren't accurate but really how can you expect people to stay interested in a game they have put that many hours into? You can't.

It might also have to do with the fact  that nowadays to go into a cb you need a law degree just incase something goes wrong to fight it out.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 12:26:36 am »

Tis true, tis so true, firstly i think people are becoming tired of GhR. - Many of us have played it to death, we know ever inch of ever map, every tatic, every gun etc etc....
Then weve got AA .. a new game, which people want to play! - its fresh, new, it provides a different sort of game style etc. Then of course there are the holidays as christmas looms (omg i have to do some christmas shopping)
Perhaps people are storing up for the resease of Raven shield (two words Wink )

Then of course there is just having to get on with normal life Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Noto
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 03:18:43 am »

I think there are many reasons why Ghost Recon as a whole has kind of flat-lined right now.

?   Season 6 started very soon after the end of a timultious Season 5.
?   Some people have just lost interest in the game completely.
?   Quite a few of us out there have final exams and such.  I'm currently working a 30 page paper discussing the inequities of household roles in countries where Islam is the dominant religion.  Sounds like fun huh?
?   If anyone remembers Season 4, I think BTs, |n|, and c| were some of the only clans to CB when the season started.  We were all anxious for the season to start, and when it did... nobody wanted to CB.  I remember some clans said they weren't going to CB for 2-3 weeks due to training and recruiting.  I feel that Season 6 is just going through some of the same stuff.  Season 3 ended, and then Season 4 came very soon after (somewhat).  Season 4 ended, and then Season 5 took forever and a month of Sundays to come.  When it did, 500+ CB's in the first 2 days.  I liken this to having sex.  When you are having so much of it, and so often, you kinda slow your pace down.  But when you have been denied sex for whatever reasons (asking for a 3-way, smacking her sister's ass (she liked it), and flirting with the girl at Nordstrom's), when that sex comes along again, you're like a sailor on shore leave.

I think people are reading into this a bit too much.  Just play if you want to play.  The CB's will come in a short time.  Christmas break will be upon us very shortly, and when it does, the rooms will be full, and the CB's will be long.  On that note, you all have a good night.  I'm off for more sex.  wOOt!

.::|N| Noto
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 03:30:26 pm »

Well speaking for me, GHR burnout.  The game has outworn it's welcome.  Besides, some of us have moved on to AA which we find more exciting.  Also, RvS is looking like a replacement on the horizon.  I think GHR is just about dead like I have stated before.  Don't get me wrong though.  If you actually see 4 BTs active on GR (not idle), ask for a CB and you will most likely get it.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 09:05:26 pm »

Acri, we have asked you for team cb's plenty of times dude, and we have yet to do one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 09:07:10 pm by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 09:09:41 pm »

It might also have to do with the fact  that nowadays to go into a cb you need a law degree just incase something goes wrong to fight it out.

lmao. I couldn't agree more. That's what makes ghr cbing and rs cbing different.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 12:38:22 am »

However without the law books, most clans would get screwed over by guys who were simply interested in winning and not playing good fair enjoyable games....

We just cant win

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.Kuza

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 02:13:09 am »

Yeah we need a new game...Ghost recon had it's run and now it's time for another game to take it's place

Kuza

is it 2008 yet?
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 02:26:23 am »

c| is going at season 6 care free, if we're on and you wanna cb, PM me or any member.  Though it will be hard to find more then 2 members on at a time due to school, AA, life, and other reasons. We're up for anything.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
cO.Kuza

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 02:30:52 am »

Doc, I think that is the attitude every clan should have toward Cb's.
people are too uptight about winning. hah we should all be like X1!

is it 2008 yet?
cO.Kuza

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 06:16:27 am »

1 word: Raven Shield, that will storm this community like a madman, and activity will be up again. Smiley
thats 2 words crypt  Wink

is it 2008 yet?
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 08:49:55 am »

Just to clarify the e?e position on this Battle League.

I, clan leader of e?e declare I, e?e G??nk, won't do any more boring CB EVER. Of course, my members are free to do CBs and I have nothing agsint it. We've played 15 CBS or something and haven't won a single one, also we were close sometimes, very close even. It's so fucking boring to spend 2 hours in a CB with all that fucking stress and in the end you just loose I prefer to do normal games, taking the support guy and just have fun. That's my opinion sorry. So much for CBs... have fun guys.

Again, I have nothing against Battle League, I even like the concept, but when I do CBs I don't have fun AT ALL.

e?e is a big clan for age of empire II but our Ghost Recon section is small (6-7 players) and we live all around the world. We live in different time zones. The best we can do is to have 2 players online at the same time. We are all 25+ old and have family lives. Some of us can't afford to stay 2 hours in a raw. Even 1 hour. Sorry. And in the end we loose. Man what a relief. Sorry if I sound bitter but that's how I feel.

[EDITED] and what about AA:O? Why opening a Battle League of AA:O if we can't even host a game easily. We need a fucking PC!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 08:52:34 am by e?e G??nk » Logged

Battle League is boring
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 08:55:22 am »

Goonk, why host a league for GHR when it sucks ass?

A2 and N both have servers which are avalible for CBs.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads