*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:04:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Older BL Problem Drop Box Posts  (Read 6397 times)
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2003, 12:09:32 am »

I just don't want you guys being heated up by what other people are saying and them making the situation worse.

*Lob

You said it yourself my friend!    Grin
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2003, 12:16:09 am »

Completely unrelated to all the millions of other matters here.

Question:  How is it that the c| vs nbk| 2v2 was worth 100 pts last night when it was posted, but now when it got submitted it's only worth 50?

BTW: thanks Civic for fixing the names.

YA, I've seen BTs score now drop by 200 points! What's up with that?

BTs_SignTist
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2003, 01:14:58 am »

Question:  How is it that the c| vs nbk| 2v2 was worth 100 pts last night when it was posted, but now when it got submitted it's only worth 50?

It may be that:
A CB played before this one got confirmed. Every time a CB gets confirmed, or changed in any way, the ladder and the matches are being recalced, based on the matches played since the beginning of the season.

So, this is quite normal. I know it seems strange, also because a clans rank in the ladder can be changed within a short time, but everything follows the algorithm.

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2003, 01:20:02 am »

Gotcha Wink

Thanx

"oh no, here's come's the death."
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2003, 06:18:18 am »

BTs and * clan:  Me Lonewolf and Pyroman all just ran a test of the so called stair glitches in the castle map.  We found that the only way you can not be shot is if you are set up the same as in the crater glitches.  With your body facing away, you can crawl up to the stairs and creep up on them so you can see over.  At this point you can not be shot, but can shoot others, and from the other players point of view it looks like your aiming up in to the sky.  Now in Lob's case he was laying accross the stairs with is body in full view.  After testing many times we found you can shoot the body anywhere for a kill, head, body, and feet laying like this.  So eight just missed.  Though there is a glitch on the stairs (that i for one was not aware of), Lob was not in it.  I will say this, thank you BTs for pointing out yet another glitch in the game.  

P.S. i have the replay of this test for anyone who wants to see it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 06:26:01 am by c| Dr. NO » Logged

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2003, 08:10:37 am »

Thakns Doc and to all who participated in the test... I appreciate your efforts!

BTs_SignTist
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2003, 08:09:07 pm »

Thnx guys! (Admins and testers)  good cb either way * clan....

We'll get you guys later!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2003, 02:05:24 am »

hey mauti or Elan,

Could you please explain the point assesment algorithm? I'm not qite understanding how tams loose points after they've been posted... THANKS!

BTs_SignTist
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2003, 02:44:23 am »

P.S. i have the replay of this test for anyone who wants to see it.
Posted by: c| Dr.NO

yes plz

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2003, 02:06:14 pm »

Did you guys even watch the test that me and signtist made?

Glitches only really work from certain angles. You shouldn't have to shoot feet.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2003, 04:28:55 pm »

It may be that:
A CB played before this one got confirmed. Every time a CB gets confirmed, or changed in any way, the ladder and the matches are being recalced, based on the matches played since the beginning of the season.

So, this is quite normal. I know it seems strange, also because a clans rank in the ladder can be changed within a short time, but everything follows the algorithm.

*DAMN Elandrion

So Elan when a cb is confirmed that was done and posted before another clanbattle the points get recalculated properly but what if a cb played first is added after and submitted after a second cb do to some mistiming or something.  Would the system do the points correctly?

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Noto
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2003, 10:08:08 pm »

I have a question about the rules in concerns with the number of times a map may be played.  I know under Season 4 rules, a map may only be played twice.  That rule was then clarified to state that each map may be chosen by each clan twice, for a total of 4 times during a CB.  I have noticed the Season 5 rules do not even address this, let alone state or clarify it any longer.  They seem to have been deleted.

Now the real question;  What about Warzone?

Example:  Clan A chooses Creekbed LMS and then loses.  Clan A gets to pick the next map of course, and they pick Creekbed LMS again.  Clan A loses this map a second time.  It is Clan A's pick again, and they decide to pick Creekbed, but with the game type of Warzone.  Overall, this would be the the clan's third time picking Creekbed in one CB, without the other team picking it once.  Can Clan A pick Creekbed twice for each game type, or is it just 2 maps per team regardless of whether it is LMS or Warzone.

If clans are able to pick a map twice for each game type, it is therefore possible to play an entire clan battle on one map, with each team picking the same map 4 times, but with two different game types.

I hope I have made my question clear enough.  I know that nothing in the rules exists that you may pick a map twice for each game type, but currently there is not a rule clarifying this aspect of map selection any longer.

.::|N| Noto
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 10:09:55 pm by .::|N| Noto » Logged
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2003, 10:08:28 pm »

no. we also can't change the order of CB's. I feel it is the Clan's possibility that every CB gets posted right after playing it.

Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2003, 01:36:46 pm »

Noto: The rule was accidently not copied into the GR rule part but will be there again with the next rule update(this week). All in all the max map reputations are related to the map and not the gametype so each clan can still play a map only twice no matter what gamemode they have chosen.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads