*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:32:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Older BL Problem Drop Box Posts  (Read 6399 times)
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2003, 06:15:52 am »

ALright me and signtist just did some testing on that particular staircase

we have a replay of signtist shooting me in the skull from the same spot eight did and i do not die. he walks up and continues to unload on me. i then relocate into as close a spot as i can to Lob's location in the questionable replay. he then shoots me in the skull and as soon as i hit the button to stand back up i die.

the first spot on the stairs that i glitch in mainly just proves this is a glitch. the second one is pretty much a recreation as close as we could get. obviously you can't recreate the situation exactly but this is rediculous.

in my first week of playing i learned about stairs and craters.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2003, 06:26:02 am »

The replays can be had at
Be sure to control + click and "Save as" to the replay directory in ghr...

www.battleteksquad.com/files/staircastle.rpf

www.battleteksquad.com/files/test2.rpf

In the first replay im shooting at the guy "lob"

Now keep in mind Your not supposed to lay on steps because of it creates a glitch similiar to crater glitching...

if you view the test2 replay and watch from signs eye in slow motion you can see (sign) shooting pwnocchio  in many diffrent stair glitches...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Noto
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2003, 06:26:16 am »

OMG... Instead of commenting on other's problems, which I'm still doing I guess, I actually have a problem that needs to be looked into.

A member of the |DIK| clan has been impersonating many of the clans out there, and then going into rooms and TKing people.  He has mostly been seen impersonating .::|N| members, but this member has also been impersonating: |GM|, BTs, | ! |, c|, |MP|, *AgT*, [EUR], |3ID|, [a], and most everyone else.  

It's not very fun when there's some jackass TKing people in your server, and you can't boot him for different reasons (Option+ characters).  Hosts ar having to shut down their rooms just to kick a guy.  In the mean time, unobservant folks will think it is being done by a respectable clan or clan member.  Can anything be done about this?

?   |DIK|Sgt.Bric_TOP
?   Account # 137507, 128637 New Account Number
?   Has also been seen using alias 'cho cho min'
?   Real name 'David' Wink
?   Seems to be located in the Midwest United States.
?   No, this is not .::|N| juGGla (although they have the exact same location info, but juGGla is a premium member, account # 670 wOOt!!!)

I tried to talk to this guy to find out who he was, but then he blocked myself, and others who tried to talk to him.  Unfortunately, for him, he still uses the same account for his clan.

Thanks in advance for any action that takes place.

.::|N| Noto
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 04:52:36 am by .::|N| Noto » Logged
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2003, 06:44:10 am »

Yeh i vouce for what Noto said... we had to shut down our servers a few times for this little brat.

Blocked buh bye!

BTs guys who host please do the same....

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2003, 06:49:19 am »

what a moron doesnt have the balls to play with his own name and has to impersonate others and tk

what a loser

i vote him gone

GEN BILLY
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2003, 07:27:27 am »

Just added him to the ban list from our servers.  We keep our list at http://mp.macclans.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20030313005947164 if you want to look for a couple other TK'ers.  Chim-Chim/Racer X (119833) was the worst of late.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Acrimonious
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2003, 07:32:51 am »

WILL BTs EVER LOSE A GAME AND ADMIT IT? JESUS!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2003, 07:36:26 am »

in you little 'test' did you even bother to try shooting at lob's foot? (remember fatal foot wounds?)

also, i had never heard of a 'stair glitch' till right now so mb it's not nearly as well known as you thought

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*Kaneda
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2003, 07:45:52 am »

I didn't play in the game, but according to the team he was wounded. So if he wounded then he wasn't glitching. I don't think if you glitch, I don't think bullet can't hit you at all.

That is just my experience. I don't know
*Lob
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2003, 07:53:57 am »

I was accused of glitching in the Cb against BTs. My team had reviewed the replay for me because I was having trouble viewing it. My team said it wasn't a glitch. I remember hitting the ground when being fired upon and returning fire as he popped up and down. Unfortunatly for me  when I hit the ground I was near the stairs and now I'm being accused of this. i do have to say BTs gave us the option to replay the last game again. I declined that invitation when my team told me to post the score and that it wasn't a glitch. I would like the thank eight for giving us the option to replay but I am loyal to my teams opinion and we will have to see what happens.

Regards,

*Lob
Fridge!

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2003, 07:56:30 am »

The test by bts shows nothing of lob's glitching, lob was lying on the stairs with almost his full body exposed, body along the stairs facing up them and him looking to the left, in both instances where BTs did their test and the characters full body was exposed they were able to be shot, the time where colin couldn't be shot he went behind the stairs and only stick his head over, using an edge glitch, completely different than what lob was doing, there is no glitch in the position Lob was in.  I really don't think there is such thing as a glitch where you can see the person's whole body and there are no obstacles between him and the shots and the person whom you can see can't be shot, edge glitching only occurs when only the head and arms holding the gun are in sight.  I'm worried about people making posts like this, if people keep posting on stuff like this there's going to be controversy every single cb, this is just getting excessive now.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2003, 08:30:28 am »

We thought it was/is a glitch we thought we should bring it to *'s attention and to the admins...

If it's not no biggie we will accept the loss if it is then everyone just be a bit more carefull on the stairs and yes brain the stairs are glitches.... i found alot of thes glitches by playing alot of FFAs, 1v1's an 2v2's before season 5 started which used the castle map alot.

They asked us to switch the map before the game started because they said we might glitch... given this i thought they knew to stay away from those bugged out glitches...

Which is why i asked them if they wanted it replayed since we thought it was a glitch....

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2003, 11:10:40 am »

you all seem to forget that not all bullets are shot in the middle of the crosshair. There's a cone, which is shown by the small lines in the HUD, in which there's a certain probability that a bullet will hit. This also means that there's a (small) likelihood that the bullet will hit outside the cone (as we see in 8's screenshot).

Elan

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2003, 02:01:38 pm »

Sorry elan, but in english that means what?!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2003, 02:03:21 pm »

The test by bts shows nothing of lob's glitching, lob was lying on the stairs with almost his full body exposed, body along the stairs facing up them and him looking to the left, in both instances where BTs did their test and the characters full body was exposed they were able to be shot, the time where colin couldn't be shot he went behind the stairs and only stick his head over, using an edge glitch, completely different than what lob was doing, there is no glitch in the position Lob was in.  I really don't think there is such thing as a glitch where you can see the person's whole body and there are no obstacles between him and the shots and the person whom you can see can't be shot, edge glitching only occurs when only the head and arms holding the gun are in sight.  I'm worried about people making posts like this, if people keep posting on stuff like this there's going to be controversy every single cb, this is just getting excessive now.

i'm aware the FIRST test with me on the stairs is the edge glitch.

i then move and am completely exposed on the stairs. you need to watch the whole thing fridge.

we have been forced into this situation. if you read *'s comment on the matchlist it says they 'decided' it wasn't glitching. last time i checked you couldn't just choose if it was gonna be a glitch or not. we noticed it immediatly and offered them a replay of the last map right away (>10). they posted it anyway.  also he wasn't wounded and the replay show's that.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2003, 02:37:21 pm »

lol eight - in the evening i'll elaborate on this in better words  Wink

Elan

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Noto
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2003, 03:26:15 pm »

Hey |MP| guys...  I know I'm 'banned' from your servers, but can you at least change my tag??  I don't really recall being in c|.  I had a bad dream about it once though... Pumpkins and horses and shit.  Scary stuff...  

?  c| Noto   ? =>  .::|N| Noto

I'm sure it's just an innocent mistake... Right Ace? Wink
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2003, 09:02:43 pm »

Ok I submitted my first CB today.

The CB number is 1108. It was a 3v3 l ! l vs [OZ]. l ! l won 5-3

I think I submitted it right but then I seen that it had our 3 plays as Kinetic, Kinetic and Archer.

It should be Kinetic, Archer and Burke.

So I tried changing it but it doesn't and says this "ERROR: You have to select at least one player for clan [OZ]!"

It has the 3 plays for OZ listed but I don't know what it is talking about by selecting one.

Ross
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 09:04:13 pm by l ! l Ross » Logged
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2003, 09:03:28 pm »

It was a glitch, and i'll tel you why, well, he was hidden in the stairs for one, which is a glitch. and when eight shot he didn't die, i was the one who wounded him, you have to quickly get into lobs view to see that eight didn't wound him.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Fridge!

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2003, 09:25:50 pm »

I watched the replay many times over and none of eight's shots actually hit lob, they hit the side of the stairs beneath him and the wall behind him and around him, just play it on 0.25 and watch where the sparks fly off the wall.  Also, If eight had actually sunk a bullet into lob in the position lob was lying in, it would have registered as he wasn't behind the stairs using an edge glitch.  He was on them with almost his whole body exposed.If you're calling it a glitch because a tiny portion of him sunk into the stairs when he was lying down that is lame and a waste of ppls time I think, there's too many glitches like that in the game to call stuff like that, that's like saying when a guy's foot goes through a wall he was glitching and the game should be replayed cuz his foot couldn't be shot.  There was ample exposed parts of him to shoot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 09:32:31 pm by SL~Fridge » Logged

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads