*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:29:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sensors for season 5?  (Read 7706 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2003, 02:15:55 pm »

Like ive said. Sensors were put in the game for a reason. They are a fundemental part of tatics and team movment within a game - no to mention tatically which member takes them (if they chose to) and where they are placed.

I think people would find that CB's went on a lot longer than they might expect should we loose sensors. Next people will be wanting to ban nades and GL... and then support etc ;0)    Grin

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
| ! | Dutchman

One day I fly away

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2003, 04:12:41 pm »

Yeah, I agree. Let's go back to the good old days so we can set sensor traps and hide in the bushes for 10 minutes. Sounds fun!
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2003, 04:42:50 pm »

actually i dont mind if they stay in or not
but what dutchman said sounds like fun.
Sometimes I use sensors and sometimes I dont their not an important part of my gameplay so it doesnt really mather for me but hey when I want to hide in the bushes Ill do it no matter if I got sensor or not it even is more fun with no sensor

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2003, 06:12:13 pm »

Wow! This thread sounds vaguely familiar to when you people got rid of 3rd person view from RS. It too was part of the game.  Wink

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2003, 09:43:19 pm »

And it inarguably made the game weaker in terms of forcing people to be skilled. The case against sensors is not so cut-and-dried, but as I've said before, I'm in favor of any measures which reduce the average time of CBs.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2003, 10:07:43 pm »

i agree, i hate spending 5 hours to do a cb, but it really truly is fun, everything is so dramatic, one mistake could ruin it all, so i dunno. Maybe alter the rules so that cb's won't last that long somehow, But please keep sensors!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2003, 10:25:58 pm »

I changed my mind.
Bin em
coke
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2003, 10:01:34 am »

Are you crazy? Playing without sensors will make the average cb even longer. This is because sensors reason add certainty.  With sensors you know exactly where the enemy isn't and they also tell you exactly where any enemy soldiers are nearby. Take away that certainty and I guarantee you will have clans playing even more cautiously. You will see even more draws and even more 10 minute games. If you have no clue where the enemy is, then it is extremely hard to kill them. The goal should not be to make clans play more cautiously/camp and that is exactly what taking away sensors will lead to.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2003, 11:45:39 am »

You know..... I'm at the point i could realy not give a shit if we have sensors or not.. I'm just ready for this next season to begin.. b/c i know.. no matter what we do we will still get peeps bitching and complaining.. so everyone lets just play and have fun. I mean i know we will see threads in the middle of the season or hear someone during cb's saying how things would have been better if we had gotten rid /or kept sensors or used war zone or WTF ever we do and i could care less. B/c what ever happends happends and i might still not like war zone but that might become the way. OH well!!! if peeps dont like it dont play.. i will try to get used to it.. i hope we dont use it. The same thing for the sensor debate. I hope we keep sensors in but if we dont.. i will just adjust my playing style.. i mean hell i have change it alot during the off season that it wont make much diff. ether way. So everyone lets just get this next season started of good w/ lots of CB's and lots of fun.. and no matter how the season is played.. LEAVE THE BITCHING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!. thats my 2 cents for what its worth.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 07:31:05 am by LeeHarveyOzwald » Logged

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2003, 11:47:49 pm »

bump

no sensors

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Dongman Extraordinare
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2003, 04:39:18 pm »

You terd munchers! banning sensors... are you that goddamn ignorant to not realize THAT JAMMING KILLS THE PROBLEM? fucking morons fucking morons.. <does a jig>. fuck all of you goddamn fucking piece of fuck shit noobs who say sensors should be banned... lets ban nades
reasons
  • they take little to no skill to kill someone
  • they piss me off..fuckheads
All you mother fuckers are gonna pay! you are the ones who are the ball lickers! when i get to your houses and find those fucks who said ban sensors, im gonna make you eat my shit. Then shit out your shit which is made of my shit and eat that. Love, Dongman Extraordinare.
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2003, 04:43:59 pm »

I think we have a winner for stupidest post of the day.
Your bold statement is quite profound.

BTW-"THAT JAMMING KILLS THE PROBLEM?"

What game are you playing?  do you know something that all of here don't.

go back to your cave and silence.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2003, 05:56:50 pm »

I was against the whole banning sensors but after listening to buttmunch who posted before Fah... i might just have to change my oppinion to see if tard boy can really make it to my house.

By the way tard boy enlighten all of us on how YOU can jam sensors... YOU and only YOU can do this.... So im curious
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 06:01:37 pm by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Noto
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2003, 06:38:41 pm »

Just a thought about banning the sensors.  Myself along with many of The .::|N|etwork guys play on PC servers for some variety.  Every PC server we have ever played on has banned sensors.  Yes, it took some getting used to, but overall I liked it.  I kept you on your toes, and it seemed to create a bit of strategy as well.  I remember a few times where we would all go to PC land and get wiped out within 2 minutes by these PC players, and we didn't even know where they were.  Maybe they were cheating, but I think it had more to do with knowing where to blend in and anticipating where the enemy will be.  

If we didn't have sensors, we would have to play warzone.  Regular LMS would be a sniper/camp/nade fest.  Most people would be too afraid to advance without their precious sensors, and for those who did, God knows there's a noob waiting for you with a nade launcher, or some sniper 50Km away checking out your eye color.  

Banning Sensors = Warzone
Keeping Sensors = warzone & LMS

Some of you guys should check out the PC servers and get a taste of the 'no sensor' thing.  [RS] Battlefield is one of the better PC servers out there.  Oh, almost forgot... Don't tell them you're playing on a Mac.  You'll get banned faster than a black man in a 1950's diner.

Have a good one folks...

--- Noto
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads