*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:14:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sensors for season 5?  (Read 7708 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2003, 10:56:54 pm »

I have to agree with Billy as well.  Keep the game as it is.  this whole topic is kinda stupid as it is to begin with.  Sensors are part of the game.  In every CB league out there they all use sensors.  I think people are making a serious phoebia about sensors that is not really presant except for in their minds.  They can be used offensively and defensively.  And I think that sensors give the game the added bonus of being able to be one step ahead of the enemy.  It's like Checkers and Chess.  The simpleton loves checkers cause the game eliminates the obvious possibilities unlike Chess which opens many doors for attack.  Checkers is like no sensors and Chess is like the original game.  Too many people are bitching about the game and not enough are practicing the moves that will get them ahead.  
     I can understand Warzone, but taking the equipment away from the people that use it is completely stupid.  Ya see, in Warzone at least it dosent take the equipment away that people have grown to love to use.  I personally dont use sensors but do rely on them in the game from some of my other members.  It allows us to also cover parts of the map that we cannot cover cause of area, oherwise we could be searching forever to finish the game and get the final kill.   Sensors have been used in 4 seasons before this and should be used now.  There is no reason to take out sensors just to alleve some phoebia that people have of sensors.   Plus sensors also help in the finding of campers cause if you have the whole map covered with sensors and no one is picked up then it's obvious where they are hiding.  So by taking away sensors it is allowing people to hide easier and in fact have the game last even longer, and let campers get away with it.  Plus the simple fact of Warzone will eliminate most camping tactics like the killing / camping.  So my vote is sensors be allowed in.  

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2003, 06:54:17 am »

Smart Billy ............  Grin

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2003, 08:12:13 am »

Meh. It's obvious that the League isn't going to change, and we're going to have another season of six-hour CBs. Still, six-hour CBs are a problem in my book. I'm in favor of modifications that fix the problems.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2003, 08:17:34 am »

.::|N|ice attitude Billy...  I vote to ban you from the this thread!

WOOT!

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2003, 08:19:51 am »

As for six hour cbs I have never been in one.
To cure that I thought Mauti fixed it by saying draws count.

Sure wish the updated rules would come out, and we start battling.

Also any one up for some practice cb's?  Post in our forum, and I'll come see ya.

http://www.cwdim.com/forum
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 10:32:55 am by .::|N| GEN BILLY » Logged

GEN BILLY
.::|N| juGGla

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2003, 10:16:33 am »

i hereby declare shenanigans on this whole thread......

Just play would yas

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
Ssickboy

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2003, 05:02:49 pm »

Dammit Billy.  See what you started.  

It is a game.  That's what brought us all here.  But what keeps me here now is the competition.  And in order to keep the competition heated and interesting it's very normal to make some tweaks as the Damn BL grows and players become more skilled.  

the olympics are a few thousand years old.  You don't think they ever made any rule or format changes during that course of time?  Do you think that maybe the olympics could use some more changes to fit with todays athletic capabilities? Why are ice skaters penalized for doing backflips?

and here's the other point.  I used to have 2-4hours to give for a cb.  I don't have that anymore.  Many of the older players as well.  Possibly why you see a lot of people retiring, or coming around less often.    

The Damn BL is still fairly young.  THere have been rule changes since the day I joined.  There will inevitably be more, and I would like to help get them right this time.   I'm sure Season 5 will start regardless.  

Retire Bush
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2003, 06:51:05 am »

I dont know Flies must be a new rule.. Wink

Any way Ssicboy

I thought Mauti made a rule that draws count... Therefor no more long cbs..

Thats all.  I know sounds too simple,  but there are a lot of simple minds in gr.

GEN BILLY
Ssickboy

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2003, 07:49:17 am »

1. To do anything amazing within your skate routine that does not follow the strict judging criteria takes away time and energy, and therefore draws lower judging scores.  Skaters are forced to do classical routines, even though the more modern talents are full of soul and exciting stunts.  It's become a historical tradition to see the same routines and spins (Lutz's).  Not to say that its easy to do the classical stuff.  Seems like its more of a challenging mind game and less athletic, hence all the drama that follows it.  There are some good reasons to keep it this way, but I think the future and excitement of skating is being held back.  The more popular olympic sports these days are snowboarding etc.  .... This was just meant to be an example.  I don't really follow skating.  I swear.   (omg I think I killed this thread with this lame skating post)

2. yo Billy... the "draws being counted" has an enhancing effect in favor of camping tactics again.  The current team leading in games won only need to draw the rest of the matches in order to win the whole CB.  So if they only need to draw the match, then why should they ever attack?  So it might speed up the CB's, but only makes matters worse using the LMS game type.  Sorry to bum ya out.    

Retire Bush
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2003, 07:27:05 pm »

omg, is this thread serious?

(strike that question, if it's the damn forum, anything is possible)

my 2 cents:

- lack of sensors would ENCOURAGE me to camp, not vice versa. sensors cover my backside, and show me where the enemy ISN'T more often than where they are. for me, sensors make it easier to move around safely, encouraging me to take ground. without sensors, i have to watch more of the map, and i move slower, or not at all.

- whats next? no snipers? they are campers by definition, right? ban them. support guns? they lag the servers. ban them too. and don't get me started on nade-launchers. lag-o-rama. pistols? they suck. ban 'em. oicw? zooms as much a sniper rifle, almost. ban it. what's left? i dunno. let's switch to dope wars, i guess.

just kidding...guess I'm having a hard time taking this thread seriously.

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2003, 07:31:40 am »

C'mon you guys, your all freaking out about what could happen if we ban this that or the other thing.  Like Ssick said before, we're only looking for ways to improve the game and most of all speed it up. I love cb's, but i hate the time being wasted by sitting around while another team camps, this is why i push for warzone and no sensors.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2003, 10:43:38 am »

C'mon you guys, your all freaking out about what could happen if we ban this that or the other thing.  Like Ssick said before, we're only looking for ways to improve the game and most of all speed it up. I love cb's, but i hate the time being wasted by sitting around while another team camps, this is why i push for warzone and no sensors.

I think Fridges tread sums up all I have to say about this.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
Ssickboy

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2003, 06:11:20 pm »

I think Fridge's thread missed the point.  

Retire Bush
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2003, 10:17:46 pm »

I think Fridge's thread missed the point.  

I think ssick's post sums up all that I have to say about fridges thread  Grin

core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2003, 11:45:52 pm »

Jokas post sums up what i think of sssicks post summing up Firdges thread. Well said.

That pretty much sums it up.

Dont ban sensors, ban summing up.
Ssickboy

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2003, 04:29:00 am »

btw, I changed my views sensor ban.  Based on Valdar's point and a few others.  the adjusted vote should read 20-25 in favor of keeping them.  Overall, i think sensors make the game more fun, and probably doesn't make much (or enough) improvement as far as camping.  The problem to me is based more in LMS, and not how people like to play.  

Retire Bush
.::|N| juGGla

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2003, 11:12:06 pm »

To moderators....

You people have no sense of humor deleting the last few posts....

This discussion is lame......stfu and play the game.

end of story.

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
Ssickboy

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2003, 12:09:05 am »

booooo juggy... some people are taking the suggestions serious.  

btw... where are you guys?  Say No to Tiger Woods.  Just say no.

Retire Bush
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2003, 02:29:00 am »

ya that was me jug

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2003, 06:00:59 am »

Is my assistance needed here jugg?  If it is I will be glad to insert my two cents on this thread...  Next time juggy be sure to insert your proper tags before submiting your post:  <sarcasm></sarcasm>  Grin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 06:11:06 am by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads