*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:59:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sensors for season 5?  (Read 7707 times)
Ssickboy

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 04:32:53 pm »

I've read enough... I say Ban sensors.  For you guys that are opposing, I believed the same as you, but changed my mind after thinking a little deeper.  The thought of losing sensors can be hard to swallow, but detach yourselves for a moment and think.  

And eight, dutch is right, what you explained is exactly what most of us have been trying to move away from.  I see the strategy in it.  But I think it makes for an overall dull game.  You basiclly described two teams camping until one camping team has spotted an enemy (see below), making a kill, and then hiding behind a sensor perameter.

"until one camping team has spotted an enemy"  - how? if both teams are supposed to be camping?  I guess one guy has bravely come out of his hole, yet into a disadvanatge.  I think we need a game set-up ("chess game") that favors attackers, not campers.    
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 04:38:04 pm by c| SsicKBoY » Logged

Retire Bush
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 05:29:13 pm »

Many clans camp with sensors, but answer me this, did the campers get into the finals? no, so what good does camping do? if camping cant get you to the finals then why try to prevent it? It's the clan's loss if they camp.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 05:30:16 pm by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
Rampage

I did that?? eew!

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2003, 06:05:19 pm »

But Sar m8

one of the things that has come out into the light of day, after the finals - both c| and BTs camped. to my knowledge, thats one of the reasons they drew out like they did.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 06:09:28 pm by Rampage » Logged

Live every day as if it is your last
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2003, 06:27:11 pm »

Ok think about this for a second.

My name is El Noobo and I just started a clan called :NoobTastic: and we are going against the collective. Sensors are banned and I am scared to death. Now I find some nice little hiding places on Battlefield that there is only one way in. I convince my fellow :Noobtastic: buddies to just hide in this area till the collective crosses. They cant get a beat on us cause sensors are gone, so we just wait. One walks by, POW, one down, 4 more to go. The collective have covered 90% of the map, they are not real sure if someone got behind them cause sensors are banned, so they  proceed with caution to the location were Ssickboy got toasted(its all in love bro  Wink ) and you and your team have a gun battle with 3 of the other collective members, when that battle is over the :NoobTastic: team has 2 guys left, you(El Noobo) and Super Noober and the last and final Collective member moves in for the kill and .....  Roll Eyes  Super Noober Gets him ... The collective wish they could have placed a sensor to find out the location of the camping :NoobTastic: team.

Moral of story..... Campers will camp, with or without sensors. You take sensors away, you eliminate one of the ways we eliminated campers last season. You can say all you want about how sensors help campers camp. I say you remove sensors and you will see some ubertastic camping.

P.S. I was accused of camping in a well known hosts game the other day, but in all actuality I placed a sensor and advance and when the little red lights popped up behind me I moved back and eliminated the enemy. When I was accused of camping by the host I told him to save the replay so he would see that I dont camp, I just place sensors well and he stumbled across one of them. I like sensors and I think they are a huge part of gameplay, and I dont mean for camping. The previous example is why sensors are good for covering your butt while advancing in a different direction. We would have probably follow each other around the map not knowing were each other was . Just out of reach but never seeing each other in a 10 min CB. These are just some of the things to think about before you say .. BAN SENSORS!! IT WILL STOP THE CAMPERS. I say no it wont, it will give the campers an added advantage. Remember, campers will be campers.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2003, 06:29:27 pm »

Well of coarse clans are going to camp IN the finals, because the finals are important, b4 the finals all the teams that made it were attacking teams, let that stand as a fact. Even if sensors were banned, camping would go on in the finals, mb even worse camping than that with sensors.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 06:41:34 pm by SAR » Logged

Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2003, 07:06:14 pm »

thats one of the reasons they drew out like they did.

Drew what out? Have you ever played in the round of all rounds? Ok, let me fill you in. In the game of all games, everyone is on edge and nervous. You move differently in finals, just like you move differently from just playing in someone's game to playing in a cb. The pace slows down a lot when you are in a cb.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
Rampage

I did that?? eew!

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2003, 07:49:33 pm »

wow! i should try a cb then.
yes drew out. convos in gr and posts here/damn (by people included in the finals) have often said that there was alot of camping in the finals, and as far as i understand, this is one of the reasons WZ came up was to prevent camping and so was the idea of banning sensors. even if i love my beloved sensors i would be willing to sacrifice them if it would help the game and to some degree prevent camping. But i would preffer to keep them and let LMS stand as it is. Sar absolutely m8, there would be camping but chances are that not only would there be less camping, there would be a new element added to the game.

it would be interresting to see some practice cbs between a new clan and BTs/c| without sensors and look at the outcome. if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt. but it would be cool to see if the theory works.

Now maybe Fusion, we can sit in front of a fireplace and you can tell me war stories from cbs uve been in  Smiley

have a good one yall

Live every day as if it is your last
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2003, 09:33:20 pm »

Ok think about this for a second.

My name is El Noobo and I just started a clan called :NoobTastic: and we are going against the collective. Sensors are banned and I am scared to death. Now I find some nice little hiding places on Battlefield that there is only one way in. I convince my fellow :Noobtastic: buddies to just hide in this area till the collective crosses. They cant get a beat on us cause sensors are gone, so we just wait. One walks by, POW, one down, 4 more to go. The collective have covered 90% of the map, they are not real sure if someone got behind them cause sensors are banned, so they  proceed with caution to the location were Ssickboy got toasted(its all in love bro  Wink ) and you and your team have a gun battle with 3 of the other collective members, when that battle is over the :NoobTastic: team has 2 guys left, you(El Noobo) and Super Noober and the last and final Collective member moves in for the kill and .....  Roll Eyes  Super Noober Gets him ... The collective wish they could have placed a sensor to find out the location of the camping :NoobTastic: team.

Moral of story..... Campers will camp, with or without sensors. You take sensors away, you eliminate one of the ways we eliminated campers last season. You can say all you want about how sensors help campers camp. I say you remove sensors and you will see some ubertastic camping.

P.S. I was accused of camping in a well known hosts game the other day, but in all actuality I placed a sensor and advance and when the little red lights popped up behind me I moved back and eliminated the enemy. When I was accused of camping by the host I told him to save the replay so he would see that I dont camp, I just place sensors well and he stumbled across one of them. I like sensors and I think they are a huge part of gameplay, and I dont mean for camping. The previous example is why sensors are good for covering your butt while advancing in a different direction. We would have probably follow each other around the map not knowing were each other was . Just out of reach but never seeing each other in a 10 min CB. These are just some of the things to think about before you say .. BAN SENSORS!! IT WILL STOP THE CAMPERS. I say no it wont, it will give the campers an added advantage. Remember, campers will be campers.

I just read trough the whole thing....twice, and sorry fusion but i just cand find any sense in it. If sensors got banned it would speed up the game, and give the more offensive team if not an advantage then atleast make it easier to take the campers out.

And lets be hounest...c| would easily take out that rookie team, EVEN without sensors  Wink

I think...If sensors got banned, it would speed up the game between the "better" and more oranized clans. The :NoobTastic: clans will keep loosing with or without sensors

just my 2 cents.  Smiley

hey Flies AKA. test master jay
Im sure there are alternatives, but they dont have the zoom that I need to spot enemys... I guess il be coming after you in next season with twice as much bullets  Grin

Over and out.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2003, 11:06:48 pm »

If anybody is qualified to talk about camping from the camper's point of view, it's me. I'm specialized as a sniper, which means I lurk, I lie in wait, I skulk... I camp. Sensors are essential for camping because they allow me to "watch" multiple enemy attack vectors without moving my crosshair from my primary direction of observation. Without sensors, I would have to physically look around, which would cost time.

More importantly in my mind for the question of the cost/benefit of banning sensors, sensors give warning. The campers can say, "Here comes a guy along the alley" and then just fix their guns on the end of the alley and wait for his elbow to show. Without sensors, there's no such warning and the attacker, with surprise on his side, may be able to get through the kill zone and into enemy territory.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2003, 11:35:44 pm »

Okey dokey.... I think im agreeing with Fusion here.... Banning sensors could actually increase the ammount of camping. members of :noobtastic: will be so busy wetting themselves at the prospect of going into unknown parts of the map that they will just sit and hide. El Noobo and this fellow noobies will spend the 10:00 mins on their stomaches in a corner paranoid about moving any futher than a few feet into the map....

Not my idea of a great action packed game by any means.

Also like Loth pointed out. Snipers need sensors, providing a sensor net for your sniper is a invaluable piece of teamwork needed.

If people are going to camp the presence or lack of sensors will not make one squit of difference. Sensors are a part of the damn game. If people don't like them then perhaps they should just go and play Quake III or somthing :p

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2003, 02:45:03 am »

ROFL..... You know.. I really do lub most of your guys on here.. Even if we dont see eye to eye on things. It is a great experience talking to everyone and reading everyones post, even if they fire my butt up.

Loth does make a great point about seeing someone on sensor and running to cut them off. If you get there before they do, you stop drop and shoot, and he didnt know you were going to be there. Although, I like this tactic, sometimes it doesnt work. I get there a little to late and I am gunned down by the guy coming out of the alley.

Anyway, I still think that banning sensors will not stop camping. I think it might make it a little harder to find the campers thus defeating the purpose.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2003, 02:57:20 pm »

Yeah, as i've been trying to explain. A team can just camp behind a dumpster, in a bush, or in anywhere else hard to see, and that camper can just sit there the whole game waiting for someone to pass by him. Although with sensors, you can track down where he is camping and throw a nade in there, sidestep, or anything else u can think of. If u ban sensors you will just run by the camper's hiding spot without notice and get killed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 02:58:42 pm by SAR » Logged

Ssickboy

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2003, 06:33:36 pm »

Noobtastic team isn't what worries me.  THey can camp all they want.  It's when the top 6 clans decide hold ground.  That gets tricky.  And I believe that without sensors there would be less camping from those teams on top.  Am I wrong about that?

Just to clarify something... c| has not been trying to eliminate campers from the game.  campers will be campers.  What we have been trying to point out is that with the current cb game set-up, camping-like tactics have been favored with an advantage.  Thus the elite (attack skilled) teams tended to camp a lot more often.  And this leads to very camping oriented games.  We have only been trying to find a solution to give the advantage back to the more "Attack and Control" Strategies.  

I understand that sensors help weed out campers, I value sensors in that way too.  But which is the lesser evil?  Camping with or without sensors?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 06:36:39 pm by c| SsicKBoY » Logged

Retire Bush
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2003, 07:32:28 pm »

Taking away sensors will lead to longer games Sensors are a tool to help pinpoint where the enemy is located. Without that tool, one team  has no clue where the enemy is unless they are within direct line of sight. Campers will still camp, but attackers will be forced to turtle across the map if they want to eliminate the entire enemy.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2003, 10:46:42 pm »

As opposed to now, where the attackers can't attack because the campers will know they are coming and will put 20 rounds into the attacker as soon as one nanometer of flesh shows around the corner.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
bronto
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2003, 11:33:04 pm »

just play the game the way it was meant to be.
Raven?
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2003, 03:39:13 am »

[about sensors they suck, show no skill and only pussies use them. i hate to be critical but it's the truth. it's fun to have surprises and get so scared you jump out of your seat! besides one who can play and react to quick reactions and times needed for quick thinking is a good game player. I say ban sensers! who needs them! play for skill not pussie work! they are like using a aimbot for what i think!
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2003, 04:10:46 am »

So raven, you are telling me i wont be a pussy and I have skill by camping behind a trashcan, waiting for an enemy to pass by..? hmm
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 05:43:14 am by SAR » Logged

GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2003, 11:00:42 am »

GOD DAM

Are we trying to change the game?... WHY!!!!

Its a game.

Play lms.

Play warzone.

Keep sensors.

Ban sensors.

All this talk and youll want to ban snipers and grenades also.

Boys come on its a game.

Play it the way it was made.

And lets start season 5.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 10:35:28 am by .::|N| GEN BILLY » Logged

GEN BILLY
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2003, 01:08:21 pm »

yeah billy... i totally agree!  Smiley

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up