*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:04:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sensors for season 5?  (Read 7709 times)
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« on: August 28, 2003, 02:15:29 am »

Had to be posted.  I personaly like the idea of banning sensors, i think this would kill most of the camping problems, but on the other hand may cause games to last longer due to guys running around looking for eachother.  Tough call, but i do know i'm up for new things.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 09:00:47 am »

Personally I like the idea of banning sensors, this may even make warzone a little more accepted, but of course there will be those who would rather be drawn and quarted than to give up their beloved sensors.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 11:05:52 am »

Nr. 1 complaint last season: campers

I am a bit surprised, looking at the poll right now (65% against banning), so many people still wants to keep their sensors.
I am looking forward to some good arguments for keeping them.

Greetings,
Dutchman / ViRuS

Rogue Spear includes sensors, AND sensor jammers.
Raven Shield includes sensors, AND sensor jammers.
Ghost Recon includes sensors.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 03:52:31 pm by Dutchman / ViRuS » Logged

One day I fly away
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 12:53:15 pm »

njaaa....why not, ban em'

Would miss the zoom of the oicw though, my eyes arent what they used to be  Wink

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 01:28:54 pm »

Dear flies.

As you just noticed in the test we did, the oicw without the grenade launcher has longer zoom than the oicw without (thats the one you get with the sensor pack) (and this whole thing dosent make sense since the launcher one has a scope and the no-launcher model dosent, so the zoom levels should be the other way..)

And if sensors got banned, i dont think i would pick oicw and silenced gun or extra ammo  Wink
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 01:33:40 pm by JokaKutiHuti / ViRuS » Logged

Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 02:39:27 pm »

ban em BAN EM ALL!

i think it would be great

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 02:41:11 pm »

once u invented stuff, its hard to take away from ppl

Unfortunately we all have to adapt, in order to reduce camping.
I heared rumors you are getting pretty good with pistols Smiley

Greetings,
Dutchman / ViRuS

One day I fly away
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 03:14:35 pm »

I speak for myself when I say this, but banning sensors sounds great.  It cures most of the problems and only creates a few.  It also keeps the element of surprise around every corner, nook and cranny.  You really cannot camp too much when you don't know which way to look.  
Some will of course still back themselves up to the first available corner, but hey, they always do it, so what can you do.
Besides this, the era of netfone has brought in the era of talking bodies.  So even though there is no sensors, you can still watch your body and report any movement.  
That is my current halucination of the sensor issue,

have a bad day,

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 03:39:15 pm »

The banning of sensors is the step forward this BL needs, and I would be truly impressed if everyone was mature enough to accept it.  Heck, I would play LMS, WZ, or the mod I plan on making without sensors and love every moment of every game...

Though...I never use sensors anyway... yesss, thatsss right my preciousss m203... Wink

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Rampage

I did that?? eew!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 07:43:03 pm »

little late on the vote there, but i added my "for banning". I would probably cry for a week or so...missing my dear polished sensors, but it would sure bring another element to LMS! more realism for sure. and it adds to teamwork in a cb. a clan would have to cover eachother even more now than before. i think its a good idea and the people like me that love their sens - plz dont get all desperate and defensive as if youre loosing youre right hand - this may help the game forward. sometimes we gotta sacrifice.

here's a nut

[one] Rampage

Live every day as if it is your last
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 12:00:57 am »

banning sensors has my vote..
as faq sez, it keeps the element of surprise around every corner and, for me, that is a good thing.
So Yes, throw away your clothes!!!! umm i mean sensors, omg i been hanging around dutch ppl too long.
Coke
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 02:16:04 am »

I would go for keep sensors.

I hate trying to attack campers without a sensor or two makes it alot easier to track them down and take them out.

I think banning them would increase camping or make it atleast harder to attack campers.

It might be helpful when you get those games where both clans make up a sensor net across the map and wait for someone to cross.

Flanking and stuff would be alot easier. But then if flanking is easier then the clan may not spread out as much knowing they don't have sensors covering there ass's.

I think over all I would keep them.

Ross / ViRuS
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 03:26:52 am »

yeah, i sorta agree with ross. In embassy take spawn 3 for example, 1 person watches south alley, 1 watches garage, 1 person watches entrance to spawn 3. I would also think banning sensors would increase camping, it would make people more cautious therefore less action would take place

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
Ssickboy

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 06:47:09 am »

Speculation speculation... I'd like to test it out.  I go back and forth on the decission, but lean more towards the BAN!!

wOOt!

Retire Bush
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 11:29:00 am »

SAR, in the scenario you described, what benefit does having sensors give to the attacking team? Knowing the locations of enemies is far handier to people in defensive positions.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 11:46:45 am »

Well if your in the middle of a cb if you know where at least one guy is you can try an take him out... Which then makes the camping team move out of their hole an away from their sensors into yours.

I voted for KEEP!

I mean seriously? Lets just, 1. ban sensors, 2. adopt warzone... 3 ban a few maps....  HEY WAIT A MINUTE! lets just play a diffrent game altogether!

No sensors could equal more camping... On my end though i like knowing what is around the corner.

Sensors is crucial to attacking teams!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 11:48:04 am by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 12:17:27 pm »

Well if your in the middle of a cb if you know where at least one guy is you can try an take him out... Which then makes the camping team move out of their hole an away from their sensors into yours.

This is excactly what the majority doesn't want anymore:
Be aggressive for the first 1 minute, kill some, retreat, place 6 sensors around a li'l campfire and wait for the last 9 minutes to let the other team come to you.

And banning sensors doesn't mean banning maps Eight. We could even play LMS next season if we got rid of the sensors.

One day I fly away
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 01:54:27 pm »

Eight, why have you bitched about camping? Obviously it's your main strategy, since your gripe about banning sensors is that it would hinder your ability to sensor-camp. Personally, as much fun as it is to play the exact same game over and over again in a CB, I think I'd like to try a little of that "variety" stuff.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 02:30:49 pm »

Loth, in the situation i explained, say the attacking team drops a sensor near the end of the alley, and the guy watching the alley appears on map. The attacking team now goes to the garage and drops 1 or 2 sensors and boom, everyone is now on map! The guy who brought nades gets into a position to nade the guy he can possibly get thats on map. 1 down! Next, the camping team gets worried, 1 person comes through the alley, 1 person comes through the garage, and 1 enters spawn 3. 1 person cannot cover 2 areas, so that enemy is dead, and if by any chance he manages to kill 1 of your guy, no biggie. Next there is 1 guy left covering the alley, the 2 remaining guys close in on him and he is 99.9% dead!

Withought sensors none of this could have taken place because the attacking team wouldn't have known where the campers are hiding! So you see sensors can be used against campers too, i think u should keep em.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 03:58:52 pm by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 03:43:25 pm »

Errr

Well lets ban OLCW as well, and rocket launchers, and hey i don't like embassy map so lets ban that. Oh and i keep getting killed by guys with GL so lets remove that as well...

Anything else? Sensors were put in the game for a reason. I cannot understand why sensor blockers wern't.... pity as it would have been nice. But they are part of the game and i believe that is that. People are eager to say that sensors cause camping... and i understand that, but i'd argue that they can also do the opposite. Carfully placed sensors can cover a teams back and flank as they move, and reduce the size of hostile terrortry. Thus enableing a team to move faster and hunt more effectivly with far less worry about a gettting a bullet up the ;0)  

So keep em. Pity about the lack of blockers. but games a game... don't like it then don't play it ;P

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads