*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:16:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Large cbs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Large cbs!  (Read 7882 times)
+MOD+26ralee

soon come

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2003, 10:45:11 pm »

Hey Eight what lil CB icon

cause im online and im not wearing anything that says Cb nor

are any of my clanmates.......so plz clarify what you think a Cb icon is

Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2003, 01:42:28 am »

BTs Has 12 total Members. We were trying to get a 9v9 with one again but because of lack of time to finish the cbs we had to settle on a quick date. The date we had were we could have pulled of a 9v9 was Thursday, but this was not good for gambit. So we had to choose friday. This prevented us from getting several players(work, school, etc). We tried to make a 9v9 work but it was very hard to accomplish this, in 3 days. I do look forward to getting on next season. Woot, that size cb tests a clans ability of communications, tactics and recovery. If you havent been in a cb with 9 of your teamates, let me tell u, it is both Hard and Fun.

Thanks for the cb [one] you guys did great and sry we couldnt get more players on, timing sucked. We look forward to playing u guys next season.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2003, 03:42:16 am »

BTs allows only the best players in their clan and everyone cb's in that clan.  Our clan is based on many players that are not on a cb team and a select few that are.  They are in teh clan because either they represent the clan in other ways or are just good people.  Then we have a cb team.  From what it sounds like here the other clans like BTs and C| that only base their clans off of skill want us at a disadvantage to play with people in the clan that have never cbed before.  Yeah that sounds fair lol.

Sab, if you will see, Nark (in our fist cb with you) is our second newest member, and i hate to say this, but he's not our "best" member at that. We had other members on-line at the time who could have played in the battle Members that have been there since day one, but we took in nark because he's been on line the most, putt in the most time, while the rest of us had takin some time off.  Then for our second cb BlackMantis who had not been around much, cb'ed.  We don't wait for our best sab, we play with what we got, and as many as we got.

The game went on for about 4 and a half hours, with c| playing off the fact that by 1:30am EST BFG, was soo freaking tired cause he was in England that he couldnt even keep his eyes open.  We asked for a postponement till the next day but of course Dr. No refused saying they will finish the game now.

You start a cb, you finnish a cb.  If you did'nt like the time, you did'nt have to agree to it.  There were 2 maps of spite in this game.  MOD had been camping off the start, and i don't mean reg camping, i mean real bad ass camping.  There were 3 maps that come to mind where MOD did not even more from there spon pont at all!  Just set your sensors and sit.  So why would we walk in to that?  Can anyone say TRAPE!?  So we got so pissed off, we did the same thing...we didnt feel good about it, but FU MOD!  Play the damn game, i know it's the finnals and everyone wants to win this, but not even moving at all?  Thats just dumb.  So it was about 9:30pm PST when they ask to postpone the cb, we had already been at it for like 3.5 hrs.  Nomaly i would say hey, sure np.  But since you guys brot this apone yourselves FORGET IT!  Sorry BFG.

We have 5 members at this time on our CB team and because we couldnt get a fourth player, we had to pick someone outside of the cb team to fill in.  Well, if that is the only way these other clans can win.  In either case, we will play the cb with a 3 vs 3 for the next game not giving the advantage to c| because first off we tried their way and instead of a 1-2 hour game it ended up to be a 4-5 hour game.  Sorry, but I just cant see the fun in that.  So we will finish with 3 vs 3 unless we can get a 4th player, which I wouldnt hold my breath on.

YES! You have 5 members on the cb team.  WHERE ARE THEY?  Do they know that the finnals are going on right now?  Don't you mail your members about upcoming cb's!!??!!  + You did'nt even agree to cb us last night, you could have waited for your "skilled players".

How is it to our advantage to have 4 members playing in a cb?  WTF is that?  Can't you play with 4 members?  You have in the past and won.  Havent i told you this enough times already?  We have alot of members that want to be appart of the games, THE FINNALS DAMN IT!!!  Don't you?  Why should these guys that have been working for this spot on the ladder, that have made it to the finnals WOOT!!  have to go through that JUST TO SIT ON THE SIDE LINES!  Just because you will only play with your best, and don't tell me their not your best, that's bs.. You don't pick members to play in the finnals cause their good guys.  YOU WANT TO WIN!  AND I UNDERSTAIND THAT!  So you have 5 cb members, MAIL THEM PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Another thing c|, It's nice to know that you pose it immediately when you win but we had to wait until u won a cb for you to post our win.  Thanks for being non-biased when it comes to you're job as moderator Dr. No.  Yeah right.

I post cb's when i come on-line, and if and when i feel like it.  There are 4 of us to do this job sab.  When someone asks me to post, if i have the time i'll do it.  It was 10pm when we finnished, i had time to mod the news before the next day, i did it.

Your an asshole sab, and you have made these finnalist games hell, i'm not likin it.  God be with us we beat you out so the next clan does not have to deal with this kinda shit. I've posted enough here...

This post was to sab, and sab only, cause i know he's calling all the shots over in the land of MOD.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 03:47:30 am by c| Dr. NO » Logged

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2003, 05:50:27 am »

Well first off to Eight, fuck off u crying little whore.  I have already seen you bitch about having to cb [one] again.  Poor baby, grow the fuck up adn live with it.  Second off, that is all I have heard in this post is BTs eight whining about putting more players in a cb.  You know, I thought this was supposed to be the pro's and con's of big or small cb's, not a bitch session, which in turn i shoulda known because Eight started it.  It seems that any time he cant get what he wants he whines like a little bitch about it on the forum.  It's funny how he is at the top of the ladder with his clan and he is always the one bitching on the forums.  
     As for Dr. no you guys camped just a fucking much as we did cause you knew that if you lost that it would have been the end.  It's unreal that you bitch about camping when you guys did the same fucking thing.  Airbase for example.  Why dont you show everyone that replay, yeah, i thought so.  Talk about camping whores. Hmm, it seems that you and Eight have a lot in common about camping.  You know, you talk all this shit, but ya dont realise that when you do the same thing and bitch about it, it is called being a hippocrite.  Yes, it seems that you Dr. No and Eight share that dilemma.
     As for the rest that have talked about the bigger games.  Fine, I can understand why you would want to play the games bigger.  It makes sense, but a finals game is supposed to be played with the best of each team.  So Dr. No, if you dont take ure best and you lose, whose fucking fault is it?  That's right, your's!  It is a finals game idiot!  You play with the best players you have.  What, you dont like that!?!.  Too fucking bad, get over it cause all this forum crap that eight started is whining.  lol
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 06:16:48 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
c| Ssickboy
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2003, 05:55:57 am »

Not sure if I should apologize for No's rant.  You called him out, and it was probably expected.  We work hard at getting all our members cb ready.  The best way to do it is throw them in.  Those who put the time in (like nark) get the green light.  

This post is directed to MOD only because they've challenged us again (thank you) but only a 3v3.  I get the feeling this will erupt into an argument.  

I envy the fact you have 20+ members.  I notice your practice rooms, and would love to have inter-clan practices like that.  I can tell that the practices have paid off.  Very impressive playing by the MOD team.  No joke.  

Yet I feel like you guys might be abusing the looseness of the rules.  3v3 battles are allowed because of smaller clans (I'm assuming). With your size you guys are a full blown clan and it should be expected that it would be no problem at all to field a team of four.  I understand, its no secret, that you guys play much better at 3v3.  You probably have many drawn battle plans with 3v3, and probably put a lot of work into those.   I'm guessing that you guys won many battles with this 3-man size getting you here to the finals.  Congrats.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Because if it was with a majority four man team I see no reason this should be so difficult to field a four man team.    

These are GhR clan championships.  Hmmm... and I'm wondering what defines a truly victorous clan.  Pick yur three best players? maybe one way.  Have every single member in your "clan" battle?  another good way to determine the best, but less likely to coordinate.  

In basketball, baseball, football the overall champions are determined by overall TEAM play.  Having just one or two all-stars doesn't cut it.  TEAM should = CLAN.  We, c|, practice 4 man, 5 man, and 6 man team play because that is the standard expected sizes by serious clans.  We do play 3 man occasionally, but I don't see that this should be expected in the finals.  

We are feeling pressured here, against our will, to HAVE to play a 3v3.  Should we?  I'm really not sure based on the current rules.  I'm guessing that MOD feels that their best chance to advance is to play only a 3v3 game.  I doubt that other clans in the finals will allow this again.  THOUGHTS........?
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2003, 06:06:38 am »

HEHE
Cried becuase we had to cb [one] again...

hrm...
12 members.... 57 cbs...
33 members...  27 cbs...

Huh

May the best TEAM WIN!
33 members and you can't even get 1 for each person... sad...

Maybe they should leave MOD an form a new clan?
 Cool

As for camping... You remember that replay? POW CAMP? where it shows MOD in true camptastic fashion....

I got plenty more of you guys camping... and the funny thing is? We CB'd 1 time..

Grin
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 06:25:00 am by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2003, 06:31:22 am »

Well said SsickBoy.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Saberian 3000

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2003, 06:46:17 am »

Whatever Dr. No.  First off, Airbase was map #15 in the game so it wasnt the last two games, but I am glad that you admit to camping the last two games as well cause u camped as much as we did cause you were afraid to lose.  But here's the thing.  I really dont care weather you camp or not.  You see, in real warfare, you dont rush and become a target at every instance, unless you are a SWAT team lor something of that nature.  As for you guys crying about it.  Hmm, it seems quite odd that you post this right after we beat c| in a 3 vs 3 game.  I bet that you guys wouldnt have said a fucking thing if you had won.  That's what I thought.
     As for 4 vs 4 it does usually take longer in cb's.  Plus the reason we usually play well, and play 3 vs 3 is because when we played in cb's earlier in the season a 3 vs 3 was the most common game played in cb's overall with the clans.  It seems that 3 people was the most that other clans could get on at the time.  So we went with that, and we play well 3 vs 3.  So by playing 3 vs 3 there is nothing wrong with it.  We again, just went by the rules that you cant seem to handle, so again, piss off, and eight, stop whining again cause it's very unbecoming.
     +MOD+ isnt always about winning unlike BTs Eight. A lot of our clansmen are in our clan cause we like playing the game together.  It isnt always about cb's.  Then we have a cb team, and that is why we do, so they can play in CB's together.  Let's see, hmm, Joka, who is a great player for example left ure clan because u wouldnt let him play against c| anymore.  Strange, how you say you will let anyone play, yet at the same time you do shit like this.  Ya see, it all comes around in a full circle when it comes to you being a hippocrite.  So plz, dont stick ure foot in ure mouth like u always do.  And plz, dont fucking whine anymore.  it shows how fucking lame you really are.
     As for Dr. no, well, I will state this again, our clan is not designed like yours.  Ya see, not everyone in our clan plays cb's.  We practice and play together cause we like playing the game.  I really am not trying to start shit, but when I hear this crap about people bitching about the rules that are layed in front of them and it kinda goads me.   And then I see you DR. No. starting shit about having a lot of players online playing the games.  it blows me away that you cannot concieve another clan operating differently then yours.  We are not like you guys.  Not only do we play for fun, but we play cb's as well.  And since cb's are different from the average Multiplayer game, that is why many of our guys opt not to play cb's.  Our guys know that, and understand.  But there are a few that didnt and so they left.  It's one thing if people bitch about something that isnt fair and should be changed.  It's another that people bitch about something to try and make it easier for their team to win.  Dr No, you bitch about people starting slame wars online, but if you repaly to something like this thread then expect to get in the middle of one.  Especially when it has to do with you guys losing a game.  Oh, no!  c| lost a game! plz.  
     Many people have people in their clans that dont cb, so I dont want to hear about why we dont cb with huge numbers.  It seems that c| has roughly 13 members, and they all cb.  Good for them, but again, we are not like that.  Not all of our members cb.  BTs has around 14 members, and I can guarantee all the members wont be cbing in the finals.  Again, the finals are for the best of the best.  Each clan wants their best members in the game to do their best.  Of course we want to win, but i dont think we have to sacrifice games just because c| or BTs wants us to.  So if you guys dont like it, tough shit.  Cause u are gonna have to deal with it.

c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2003, 07:02:26 am »

Sab cant you see that from our side it so hard to not bitch.  You guys have so many members, yet you only do 3v3, even after telling us you have 5 cb members, 5!  I just think this being the finnals, is a time that more of a clan should be apart of, they have all worked for it, and hard.  I feel pushed it to this 3v3 crap, and i hate it cause all it is is camp time, hope for that fist kill, then camp, don't be seen.  As if you don't see that.  We could have waited our first cb for you to get a 4th, but we didnt.  Now you've won a 3v3 cb.  Then you saw the bitching about 3v3 and did 4v4, didnt like that, so your going to do 3v3.  Well w/e man, gl to ya but i still feel bad about the whole thing.  I just dont get the same feeling with you guys eather.  How do you feel about camping it out, picking us off, good?  Sure you can call it a tactic i guess, i've just never seen it so bad.  And the only reason we had to start camping is cause of the first round we had, you killed us, camping out like that.  So now we have to go hella slower...yay...not...boring.

btw i had posted a trashy post before sabs, i think thats why he's bashing me so.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 07:04:18 am by c| Dr. NO » Logged

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2003, 07:05:50 am »

Does it?

Joka left because he wouldn't follow team leaders commands so we told him to sit out for one cb... Now I am sure he would of left your sorry excuse for a clan if you told him you was cbing instead of him...

I do feel sorry for your clan... Alot of good guys... yet talent is being wasted because Sab is the cb guy! He knows how to camp... *cough* play so well..?

33 members dvided by 3 is 11...
Hrm.. MOD guys imagine all the cb you all would get if you split into 3 clans... and think of the freedom?! youll have a chance to mingle with other clan members and nf them!

Whatever guys...
Think about it... Once MOD is eliminated by c| on saturday...

Shocked

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2003, 07:17:11 am »

oooooooh, i think that is pretty harsh, but then again, so is this whole thing, mauti is gonna have some words about this!!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_STuRM
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2003, 07:32:34 am »

I'm sure he's enjoying the free=for-all-melee that is the DAMN FORUMS.  This is getting good.......what's next?

BTs_STuRM Embarrassed
c| Ssickboy
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2003, 08:16:46 am »

I'm trying not to get mixed in "camp" talk.  In one way it sucks.  But the MOD guys are not doing anything that any other clan has not done before.  They just do it a little more often and better.  The """"'camping'""" that MOD does rides the rules and has strategy to it.  I do however wish the rules (If it were possible, but it's not) favored more aggressive play.

minus all the talk of camping tactics (shit) tossing either side.  MoD, even in four man games, have been playing great matches.  freakin close ass games.    

Plz answer me this though. Why are you guys ruling out a 4v4? If all 5 of your cb members of 20+ show up, then why not be open to a 5v5?  

BTW if any of you extra MOD guys wanna apply to c| and cb ever, please do.  A late invite to Sturm included.  For record we only have 9 active members.  4 not active (retired)
Saberian 3000

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2003, 09:34:48 am »

Actually Sickboy I do agree with what you are saying about camp talk.  it get's old and everyone does it.  Now with the 5 vs 5 i wouldn't mind but it is hard to get our guys together.  most of them have lives outside the games so it makes things hard for us as a cb squad.  I tried asking two of my guys to play tomorrow as a fourth man to get another 4 vs 4 playing but because of the time differences it makes it hard for them to all get online, but we will see.   Maybe we can get another 4 vs 4 if we wait a while after the 5pm EST mark.  Who knows, it's not like we are against a 4 vs 4 or higher, we just got to get the men online.  But I will seriously try.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2003, 10:24:13 am »

BTW, since everyone knows that camping is a tatict, and GhR lends itself to camping all too much, that's why I suggested Warzone and not Last Man Standing.  I hate the camping, and if one team starts, the other team doesn't have a lot of choice.  With only one life, it's hard to stop a good camp.  So, if you agree, throw some more weight behind that idea.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2003, 10:29:38 am »

Umm ssick?

Sturm is BTs go bark up MOD's tree!

Angry

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2003, 10:44:26 am »

I'd like to hear from the clans that played that 9v9. How long did it take to actually play the CB (that is, after all the hassle of getting it started)? My theory is that the bigger a CB is, the less time it takes, because once one team is down a few men, the other team has a big advantage in numbers and can really put the pressure on, generally resulting in a quick victory.

I wanna hear whether I'm correct or whether I'm completely and totally wrong and should be slapped on the belly with a wet trout.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2003, 11:06:31 am »

BTW if any of you extra MOD guys wanna apply to c| and cb ever, please do.  

If Sab continues to use this 3v3-tactic, people from MOD will eventually leave the clan by themselfs. Have patience Ssickboy  Wink

One day I fly away
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2003, 12:28:32 pm »

"Joka left because he wouldn't follow team leaders commands so we told him to sit out for one cb... Now I am sure he would of left your sorry excuse for a clan if you told him you was cbing instead of him..."
 (how the hell do i quote)  Huh Huh

well anyway...

Eight as you well know Wink that was only the katalysator to why i left, not the actual explosion...what kind of team wins as a team, but when some losses come find a scape goat Huh i dont know...bts?

(if im getting the motor parts right this should make sense)  Smiley

And as for dr.no your text is too high up so i cant copy paste it but
(yes im using my constitutional right to but in, even its non of my business)  Grin

they camped first, so you did it too eh?....

Let me guess, the game went something like this....
dr.no- my ass senses are tingeling, i can feel mod placing sensors...lets camp
c| guys- sounds like a good estimate, fine by me
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

sry just adding my 2cents to this pool-of-sarcasm-and-trash-talk  Wink

how about this...admins lock and delete eights trash thread aka. "Large cbs!"

Cause nothing good is obvioulsy coming out of this  Sad

now as a final touch il quote a line from a great movie...
(dont take it litterally, just blowing some steam Wink )

....fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, your ok, fuck you and FUCK y o u im outta here... Grin Grin Grin

Summer!!!!

core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2003, 12:39:09 pm »

well, [V] are an attack minded kinda team, so watch your front enemies.

C o k e
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads