*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:52:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Large cbs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Large cbs!  (Read 7880 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2003, 11:10:52 pm »

Tell ya what. Why don't we just keep to the rules that Mauti sets out, and MOD and the collective can sort our cbs out, and you and [one] can sort your cb out...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2003, 11:27:43 pm »

plz step of your high horse eight

Somewhat all clans that has bitched about MOD choosing their players
for the note---> FINALS <---note.....

(geee i wonder why a clan wants to play with their best players in the finals)

....Do so themself's... Shocked

I know c| has a "battleteam"

I know we discussed it when i was in BT

stop being hypocritical and let ppl play the game...  

TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 12:21:54 am »

plz step of your high horse eight

Somewhat all clans that has bitched about MOD choosing their players
for the note---> FINALS <---note.....

(geee i wonder why a clan wants to play with their best players in the finals)

....Do so themself's... Shocked

I know c| has a "battleteam"

I know we discussed it when i was in BT

stop being hypocritical and let ppl play the game...  

Well Joka said it pretty well

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2003, 12:29:17 am »

ooops- my mistake. I thought this was a general discussion about big vs small squad cb's. I didnt realize the subtext is the current finals tournament.

(Un)fortunately the rules are set up so that a clan who really wants a small squad match can just refuse to set a time and let Mauti do the scheduling with the default 3 v 3 configuration. So its really all moot. I wish there WAS something in place that would encourage larger-scale matches, but until that happens, there seems to be no shortage of clans who prefer to limit their roster of active combatants. So be it. Just please don't come to [one] with offers for a 2 vs 2.
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2003, 01:22:09 am »

Exactly Joka...

LET PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME>>>>!<<<<<<

You said this yourself right? Lets have some fun and LET EVERYONE PLAY THE GAME!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2003, 01:35:53 am »

Errr ya...erm Eight...  some how id don't think thats what Joka ment.. certainly more playing and less bitching would be nice

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2003, 02:16:01 am »

well if you will note, nark is our second newest member!  There were guys for c| on line that had been in the clan all season that did not go in and that were on out battleteam!

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2003, 03:12:31 am »

All im saying is that if people want to play small cb's, who are you guys to
come and say thats it requires less skill and shit like that...

If someone wants to do that, let them....dont start a thread about it and start trashing them

Wink

oh yeah and eight...plz, play the game. The more you play, the less you are on the forums
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 03:17:13 am by JokaKutiHuti / ViRuS » Logged

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2003, 04:17:21 am »

Whatever dude...
I'm just saying these are the finals!

LETS HAVE SOME FUN!

I hope this wasnt taken as a MOD bashing from me... It wasn't I am saying lets all play the game... This thread was started because DFA decided to do the 3v3... and then basically blackmailed us into it... BY NOT accepting any other config for a cb... I didn't think it was fair for our guys let alone the other 4 players they had online....

I also didn't think it was fair we didn't have a choice... If both clans can't agree then the opposing clan gets there way anyways.... WACK!

It's the last chance for some of our clans to play this season... SO lets just bug out and play ball... Let us all have some fun!

So my appologize if it seemed like a MOD Bashing...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2003, 05:59:25 am »

I too am just talking in general, not about the finals or any clan in particular.  But I will respond to this.

All im saying is that if people want to play small cb's, who are you guys to
come and say thats it requires less skill and shit like that...

Joka, I gave the reasons why I think so, I didn't talk shit.  Loth expanded on it.  How about looking at that instead of just blowing it off.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_STuRM
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2003, 07:59:17 am »

One more reason to be in favor of larger cbs is that a large cb will enable me to cb for BTs in the finals-- even tho i rok, I am the 12th newest and the 12th lowest seniority-weilding BTs member!!  So vote for STuRM, and vote for LARGE CBs in FINALS!!!

BTs_STuRM

PS- D i E ! !
Ghoul
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2003, 08:01:54 am »

How bout this, for example. We tell our opponent,
"Hey ,we're showing up with six players, you can bring three if you want, but If you dont wanna get  your ass whipped, you better have six players too.
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2003, 08:27:13 am »

LOL Right on Ghoul...... I wish we had the whole week to play u guys... We would have loved to do a 9v9. But that takes a little planning and some time. But we are looking forward to the 6v6.

Can I get a w00t.....

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2003, 08:29:41 am »

well there are enough clans that want to play large cb's so you guys can play with those clans. It are the finals yes, but thre is an other season coming and you can always friendly cb's(those could be more fun because there will be no bitching about points or so,or failed tests)

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Ghoul
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2003, 07:41:40 pm »

Well, after all the piss and vinegar, the most Bts could bring to the table was 6.

Let the record show that [one] had 12 guys online ready to cb in the finals.

That woulda been something special.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2003, 08:00:22 pm »

For a 12 v 12, I would have sat at the cube and watched to save the replays for ya! =D

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Ghoul
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2003, 08:11:42 pm »

Well, if we win this one game, i'll take you up on that.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2003, 08:36:52 pm »

Well, it seems that people are trying to set up these cb's based on how their clan is run.  Just because a clan is run one way or another does not allowcate how many people play in the cb's.  Our clan is not run the same way as BTs for example.  BTs allows only the best players in their clan and everyone cb's in that clan.  Our clan is based on many players that are not on a cb team and a select few that are.  They are in teh clan because either they represent the clan in other ways or are just good people.  Then we have a cb team.  From what it sounds like here the other clans like BTs and C| that only base their clans off of skill want us at a disadvantage to play with people in the clan that have never cbed before.  Yeah that sounds fair lol.  Funny how no one said anything till we beat c| 6-2 with a 3 vs 3.  Well, we played the 4 vs 4 game last night and well, you see what we were talking about.  it ended up just like the TRIBE cb we did last season and ended up with the score of 8-6-8.  The game went on for about 4 and a half hours, with c| playing off the fact that by 1:30am EST BFG, was soo freaking tired cause he was in England that he couldnt even keep his eyes open.  We asked for a postponement till the next day but of course Dr. No refused saying they will finish the game now.  We have 5 members at this time on our CB team and because we couldnt get a fourth player, we had to pick someone outside of the cb team to fill in.  Well, if that is the only way these other clans can win.  In either case, we will play the cb with a 3 vs 3 for the next game not giving the advantage to c| because first off we tried their way and instead of a 1-2 hour game it ended up to be a 4-5 hour game.  Sorry, but I just cant see the fun in that.  So we will finish with 3 vs 3 unless we can get a 4th player, which I wouldnt hold my breath on.

+MOD+ Saberian

Another thing c|, It's nice to know that you pose it immediately when you win but we had to wait until u won a cb for you to post our win.  Thanks for being non-biased when it comes to you're job as moderator Dr. No.  Yeah right.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 08:45:26 pm by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2003, 09:49:26 pm »

Stop crying...

Doc has yet to post OUR FIRST CB...

As for taking alot of time in a cb? Lil advise.. DONT CAMP OR YOU'LL BE CAMPED OUT.

How is it that a 9v9 with [one] didn't take 4 hours? There is a thing as camping then there is a thing as stop an go... search an destroy...

And how is it you have what 5 people on your cb team yet there is more then 5 people with the lil "CB ICON"

Grin

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2003, 10:11:14 pm »

Sab, it has nothing to do with you, or your clan.  Not in my case anyway.

Bigger CB's are more fun.  Bigger CB's really represent which clan is better.  These are CLAN battles.  Two people just doesn't represent a clan as well as 5, 7, 10, etc.  

If your clan has rules over who can and can't CB in it, that's cool.  Each clan has it's own gig, and that's a good thing.  But with 34 members in your clan, you are saying having more then 3 in a clan battle is difficult?

Honestly, it's about good clan battles, not making an advantage.  

And it's nothing new for us.  When setting up CB's, we always have more members wanting to play then the other clan, and we only have 8 active members.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads