*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:00:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Large cbs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Large cbs!  (Read 7881 times)
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« on: June 24, 2003, 01:06:23 am »

So why is it that a team that practices TEAM TACTICS cant play a 4v4 minimum?

I mean if it's a defualt... and we are playing finals.... Why not make this what this game is supposed to be? TEAM TACTICS?

I mean, Mauti have you ever played wilderness with a 3v3? JESUS MAN!

A 3v3 is almost the same as a 2v2.... Just as risky... and alot less TEAM tactics then 4v4 or more....

Like almost 0 team tactics... I have played cbs with 3v3 and it just seems like teams will camp even more because of this...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 01:20:18 am »

Well if you look at the season many clans are unable to play with so many members. That's the main reason. I'm aware that you can play better in teams with more players but few clans can't get online/have so many active members.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 03:50:39 am »

I agree with eight on this one.  For the finnals the clan should be on line for this, if not, be rdy on the e-mails.  We were forced in to a 3v3 with MOD, they would only do this # yet they had 7 members on line.  Thinks like that piss me off, most clans i know of that are cbing have alot of members, and if their not around for the finnals...why are they in a clan?

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 06:04:47 am »

Well No, maybe some of the members are new and don't fit into the 1 week rule of joining before the finals.  Also I can understand some clans having members that aren't ready to cb or are that great yet and wanting to use their better players.  But yea if you have that many members on, even if some aren't up to it or ready, you should be able to use some more.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 03:16:34 pm »

anything that constitutes more than one person is a team. therefore  one must display team tactics when there is someone on your TEAM. stop whining and just play, like i know all of you are very good at doing.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 03:25:07 pm »

Very true, id love to know where this idea that 3 guys dosn't make a team came from. How does much bigger games demand a greater level  of team work? I would have thought in a way it was the opposite - that with only a few guys you need to work much closer and more carfully together - as you have less guys to cover, move, and watch your back!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 04:38:48 pm »

See the problem with 3 men teams...

Some of these clans who choose to do a 3 man team somehow like to camp more...(not saying that MOD does this, yet, im not saying MOD doesnt do this...)

I am sure though.... MOD having a shitload of players can geta  4th guy involved... NO ONE is saying to bring out all 40 of your guys.. WERE ALLL SAYING TO BRING AT LEAST 1 MORE TO THE TABLE.

And no one steals your guys... Your guys are having MASS EXODUS out of MOD for that same reason....

Why should i be in this clan of 40 (or whatever) when only 3 guys EVER play... or will ever play...

Just seems like you guys are pushing this 3v3 thing... and possibly would do a 2v2 if the league made it the defualt....

I wouldn't be suprised if after this season you have more members leaving for the simple fact that they won't get a chance to CB.

Let's have some fun and bring out everyone! I was pissed with DFA an their 3v3 only because we both have a shitload of members who want to be involved in the finals is all...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 04:40:05 pm »

This is amazing to me.  A simple search for +MOD+ on Game Ranger shows 33 members.   OMFG huge ass clan. Grin  Out of these 33, they say there are only 3 that a worthy of playing in the finals?  If I were in this clan I would say FU sab and BFG take your MOD icon and shove it right up your stink star.  All I can say is that at least ONE has balls to play more than a 3 v 3 in the finals.

Whats that sound I hear.......Why it's some of the the MOD member making their way to the exit. Shocked

static

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 05:14:59 pm »

what??  where did you get the idea that c| doesn't want MOD in the finals.  Personally, I don't really know anyone in MOD, so I'm far from making the conclusion of liking or disliking or wanting or not wanting your clan in the finals.  All I want is the best clans in the top 6 that will give most competition and give us all the most exciting finals.  You guys had a solid regular season record, and played a clean game in our first CB and beat us.  Good!  That's what we've been wanting (aside from the beating us part;)).  

For me, larger CBs are a lot more fun.  It's more of a challange to coordinate all the people, get them in the right places, etc, so it tickles me brain.  The most fun CB i've ever been in was a 7v7 against 1iNe.  With lower numbers it seems to take away some of the tactics such as setting up perimeters, flanks, diversions, etc.  It becomes more of a random encounter 1v1 game.

Anyhow, if you can have more people online that can CB, great. I think both teams would have a lot more fun. If not, that's fine, we'll just deal with what we have.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 05:20:08 pm »

sorry splinter, yep, just Static getting on me nerves ;0)

Allrighty, well unfortunatly sivak is going to be absent, but we will try and do our best tonight, im sure we can get a 4v4.. i'll let you know as soon as possible.

Looking forward to some great games  Grin

static

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 05:33:36 pm »

MOD members,

I apologize for the post before.  No one ever said MOD should not have made the finals.  MOD, like all the finalists deserve to be there.  Even DFA until caught cheating.  Maybe I'm just a silly teenager (as BFG put it), but if a clan with 13 members can muster up enough guys to do a 9v9.   Then a clan with ONLY 23 members should be able do more than a 3v3.  Just a thought.  No pressure.  No worries.  Just relax and have fun bro.  Play the game the way you want!

static

btw- I'm probably old enough to be your father. Grin

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 05:39:59 pm »

LOL.

yeah appology and sorry to... im having a bad day at the office ;0)

True, true, and i do very much enjoy large cb's.. not that we have done anything bigger than 5v5 unfortuantly... Although we did large in the other sence with our titanic battle against [tribe] last season.... around 30 games if i remember rightly.

Next season MOD will be looking very different. this has been our first and we are still settling down.. we have some great guy who come cause some damage next season  Grin

peace

BFG

static

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 05:52:20 pm »

I know what you mean.  Chasing the kid around the house and changing those stinky diapers suck.  But still beats a bad day at the office! hehe

Cool dude, can't wait to check out the new and improved MOD.  Sounds great!!

later all

static
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 05:55:39 pm by BTs_static » Logged

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 07:51:22 pm »

I know what you mean.  Chasing the kid around the house and changing those stinky diapers suck.  But still beats a bad day at the office! hehe

Bah, what do you do when you have both?  Oh, that's right, you make Mommy change the diapers =D.

BFG, I'll give you the biggest reason I like BIG CB's (It was beyond cool that we've seen 7v7 and 9v9 and that's why we need more good dedicated servers out there).  These are clan battles.  They test the clan.  I don't care how many members a clan has, if it's always the same two guys always doing 2v2 CB's, they aren't testing the clan, just those two players.  

A clan with 1 star has a much better chance of winning a small CB then a big CB.  If you have a 7v7, one or two players is not going to win it.  It's a much more true measure of the clan (like anything, the bigger the sample, the more accurate the measure).

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Ghoul
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 08:15:39 pm »

This is a Clan battle League not a tennis match!

It might be a good idea to have a rule requiring at least a 6v6 in the finals.

I mean, come on...lets' throw down.
[one] may get creamed in a one game final round, but at least we will have as many members as posible participate.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2003, 08:26:35 pm »

You should also consider that in larger CBs, the pressure is lessened on individuals and increased on the group, which means that it is a lot more viable to bring a couple of your newbies along for the fun. As long as those newbies can help out the team, they don't need to be uber-l33t players individually. Besides which, what better way to get experience quickly than to play where it counts--in CBs.

Leave off the "we've only got X good guys on" (where X is sufficiently large to make the CB a team game rather than an individual game) and supplement your numbers. It's fun. : )

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 08:43:48 pm »

From our experience doing a 9 on 9 this season (Which everybody who got to play loved) and reading the postings here, perhaps it would be worth considering modifying the scoring so that larger cb's get MEANINGFUL bonuses for BOTH participants- winner and loser. Say a +1 for each unit over 5 with a base bonus of 2 for the five on five. That would provide some incentive not only to engage in larger matches but also to include 'noob' members or those players who arent on a clan's 'A' list of players if it means they can collect some points (or minimize the damage) by including more folks. Maybe even make it a +10 if the clans can pull together a 9 on 9... after organizing one of those, I can say there should be a payoff just for actually getting it to happen!
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2003, 09:14:31 pm »

Heres the deal.... Maybe its because im not a skilled player or just a bad shot, but I would rather be in a team(4+) game. I seem to do alot better than a 2v2 or even 3v3. Maybe cause I have a big mouth and try and tell everyone else on my team to shutup and go to this location(hehehehe), I seem to have more fun in the 4+ matches. BTs_Team are awesome players, that play excellent together and we all like playing together and taking on other teams together.

The reason BTs_ was formed was for a Battleing team for the *DAMN Battle League. We have some of the best players on Game Ranger(I just get to ride on the train) and we love all playing in the Battle League. We also loved doing the largest CB ever, the 9v9 with [one].

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2003, 09:27:38 pm »

all those thing just because people want bigger cb's
If you want to play 9vs9 or so, search a clan who wants to do that or play against yourself, its the right of mod to do a 3vs3 even if there are 10 members online.
Some may be afk or dont have enough time. And if the members dont like in MOD then can always leave, no need for you guys to defend them.
I agree a large battle can be fun but a nice 2v2 or 3v3 can be fun to, well if you dont think thats fun dont understand what you guys are doing here

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 10:07:41 pm »

I got an idea...

How about 1 team picks the # of players... while the other team picks the # of players for the next cb then for the 3rd (if there is one) you guys choose in the middle?

And keep in mind.. This is the finals.. You can't choose your enemy... And i think the rules are a bit helpful to the one side (Less members)

I mean why have a drop box to try and setup a cb and then have 30 of 33 members afk?

hows the whole setup thing work? Why setup a CB if all members will be afk in advance?

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads