*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:12:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost lost its virginity - shocking cheats !!  (Read 7532 times)
Warrior 7
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2003, 10:01:13 pm »

Eight you don't need any mod knowledge to drop some cheat files from one folder to another folder.
Bye,

What he and his clan did for sure casue one of his members anounced this to people !
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2003, 10:08:49 pm »

All the wins you got on the BL were with the cheat along with BT and MP they use it too, so  I personaly got no respect for your clan or anyother clan that cheats!!
So MP cheats because i used NV for a day when i was in the Cunt clan? Cunt also never cbed in GHR...
Full screen night vision doesn't make you an unstoppible god in the game, it gives you a better feild of view at night and a bit more side view in day time maps. I've seen this mod in action and i don't think its that much of an advantage (compared to netfone). This cheat doesn't worry me as much as the other ones do...

one last thing about the state of cheating. i made this in interface builder a while ago (its just an cocoa interface it doesn't acually do anything). And i've received a few emails from pathetic noobs asking to get a copy.
http://homepage.mac.com/farmerjeb/aimbot.jpg

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2003, 10:25:45 pm »

Warrior7...

My whole clan didnt use FSNV i have before yes... Sign admited to it too yes... but we have alot of  members who didn't even know existed... (fusion for one)

As far as winning before in the past... Since when does a cb have 6 straight night maps or something? We have beaten people 6 or 4 straight in both DEA and BTs without the use of a night map... There is a thing called tactics...

Not like you would know, since your not in a clan.... Or maybe you are in a clan and your clan sucks so much donkey doodoo that all you can do is flame away...

On that note... I DONT USE FSNV !

Thank you come again....

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2003, 06:06:39 am »

YES FLIES! I AGREE....almost....we have one little problem with Warrior7 it seems.  I dont know this person, but it looks like he has it out for c|, BTs, and MP.  Who is this guy?  Why is he on here?  Should he be ban from these forms?  What real inputt has he givin us?  All i see come from this guys fingers is trash.  Warrior7, are you Jerry Springer?  Are you just doing this for fun?  Warrior7, could you do ne a favor and look back on all your posts.  Try to find one that solves a problem, even gives an idea to solve a problem.  Then ask your self...."Why am i here"?

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Forrest
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2003, 06:41:41 am »

I hate cheats & all who use them, esp. in what should be a true contest of skill between clans. On that note, I will gladly set up a CLEAN dedicated server for cbs only. If any clan is interested in using a nuetral dedicated server for cbs please feel free to contact me. On Gameranger I am Forrest, my email is fmcconnell4@aol.com. I will be more than happy to try to accommodate all requests, however, I do need some prior notification in order to set up the server.

Note: I have never had any affiliation with ANY GR clan.

--Forrest
1iNe Narauko

One Is Never Enough!

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2003, 09:09:03 am »

Hello all,

Nice to see a heated discussion where everyone is agreeing on the same issue.

Kit mods are possible BUT to my knowledge if you host with the mod, players joining auto download the modded kits and get them in game. If you join a host u then download from the host...problem here? well if u dont use the modded guns there free for use for the host. You won't get visual recognition of the mod until in game. These are my findings, we tested it with the a-91, 30 rockets was nice.

Don't worry changed it back...pointless mod anyway i never run out of fecking ammo, Ghr is too generous.

I simply done this to check full version, why? cos we used to play around with the demo, give mp5 sniper zoom was fun only difference is they fixed the kit modding in Ghr full so that u have to download the kit files when entering the server.

Mine and 1iNe's view on cheats is strict...use em get booted...we're here to play for fun, win or loose.

Narauko
1iNe/Squad Leader

P.S. Im sure with PC's they've found a way of getting around the kit mod, but personnaly i don't even want to try.
Warrior 7
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2003, 12:15:38 pm »

Just STFU!! DR.Nobody

You admitted to be a cheater and you will stay a cheater along with the rest of you.
 I ask also the League here to solve the problem ! How can a League be taken seriously when people admit they cheat?? This and the rest of the seasons dont mean a damn thing in my eyes!  Yes there will always be cheaters! So many that they all admit it?? Then let everyone cheat! Then you have a BL cheaters league and then its fair!!  In my posts I pointed out facts and pointed the finger at cheaters !!  !

I hate cheaters Yes I do, and they make me angry! I expected nothing less from you though, in DEA you cheated and in C u cheated along with alot more of you clan guys !

I must not be in a clan to hate cheaters or point out my view ! Angry
[a] snake
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2003, 12:54:28 pm »

Hey all
->cheat is everything for me what only a view are using for their advantage !

no game is able to simulate the real live !!
but we should play the same game and its unfair when some have modivied versions

My suggestion to solve the problem is:
Both sides records the cb games and if one side thinks the others are cheating they send it damn
If its true they ll be kiked of the ladder
if not the others will loose some points

So damn dont have to watch 20 cbs per day and clans would think twice if they cheat or not !!

I cant understand any cheaters !! no risk no fun !!

[a] snake: I m always behind u ;(=)
[V] Ze Bitch
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2003, 04:12:40 pm »

*Sigh*

I've read some of the dumbest posts in my life and some quite smart ones.
The dumb ones have been replied to by many, the smart ones have been ignored, or taken the wrong way.
I read a bunch of "I heard that"s and seen no screenshot or file that proves any of these cheats, except for the NV one, of course.
I read the ones that know LEAST about cheats give most suggestions on how to prevent them.
And I've seen counter measures who will solve nothing except the banal NV mod, and make CBs even longer than they already are.

I can understand from the posts, that many who contributed to this thread actually DO know quite a bit on cheats, some pretend they don't, and some really know nothing about 'em (the ones who are most shocked about them).

So, as your average player, I'd like to post a few reminders here:

- The day after a game (or its demo) comes out, there are cheats being born for it;
- Cheats for PC are many, and have existed since day 1. Bringing them to Mac is fairly simple for whoever with some programming skills;
- There are plenty of Mac server-side modded hosts out there (MP5SD sniping, anyone?), and taking group pics won't solve much, if they're used in CBs;
- While an average RS game lasts about 1 minute, the average GhR game lasts around 5 minutes. Multiply by 5 and u get the CB length.

As far as Virus Clan is concerned:

We have won the season with great players and no cheats. Fortunately the game was farily new and many cheats weren't so diffused. Being EU and finding a CB nowadays is quite a challenge, and having even longer procedures before a game starts (and having to repeat them after each crash) will make things definitely tougher (crashes are VERY common).

There are several ways you can appear as if joining a game on GR via Mac, and actually being IP joined via PC. There are therefore all the cheats in the world you can use without the group picture detecting them. And therefore PC-joining players will be there just the same.

So. I'm nodding towards Mauti cuz he's doin' a good job in trying to put a stop to cheating in the *DAMN BL and in trying to keep the hysterical noobs quiet. But I'm really looking forward to a private chat with him in order to sort things out, cuz the group pic solution on one side prevents a minor percentage of the cheats, while creating a CB-length issue on the other.

And regarding the ones who know nothing about certain issues, I'd really like them to refrain from writing so much about them. Spend the time in seeking competent council, instead of going PC-paranoid. Ignorance is a very dangerous thing.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2003, 05:09:38 pm »

Hi Ze Bitch,

about joining as PC player. Game Ranger doesn't allow IP joining anymore. It creates an random password which stays server an server admin removes it. Well at all this isn't such a big issue.

The idea behind the screenshot is that you will probably see the 4most common cheats I won't name here. Also the cheat test isn't a must do. It will be done if one clan thinks there is something wrong and if you do it at the start during the lagtests it doesn't increase the length that much. Of course there are still enough possibilities to cheat but I hope that most Mac players are honorable gamers.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
|n|`static
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2003, 08:42:14 pm »

Ok guys.   This topic is making me sick.  Let's not forget the main focus here....................... IT'S A F'N GAME.  If people want to cheat, let em.  I f they can look at their faces in the mirror and say they won the league farely, more power to em.  Winning the BL isn't a big deal.  Saying you won the league and 2 bucks will get you 2 cheeseburgers from the 99 cent menu at McDonalds.  

I think a bigger problem is,  the better clans hoard the best players.  Maybe limiting the size of clans and also setting a max. number on how many "A" players a clan may have.  If the top clans aren't always owning others, the complaints may drop.  Who knows.  Just an idea.

Rember, this is only a game, its not the end of the world if you lose.  Trust me, you won't be scared for life.

later bros,

static a.k.a. Uffz.B Grin Grin
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2003, 10:17:36 pm »

Limiting the number of "A" players in a clan? That seems to be taking things a little too seriously.

Plus I find it humurous that the |n| clan has brought this up. I haven't noticed a lack of individual skill in the |n| clan.
1iNe Narauko

One Is Never Enough!

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2003, 11:57:22 pm »

Personally every clan has its own charm through the players it recruits, to take that away would take away the essence of the clan.

I've been at 1iNe for about 4 months and recruited some very good players, players that could have probably ended up in top clans. (But i got there first =p).

If |n| are worried they dont have enough skill to take the top spot i'd go and take a look at some of the no name players, people you pass of as possible recruits because you don't know them.

BACK TO THE CHEATING LARK!

Has DAMN taken a official position on the Command map grid overlay?

Cheat or not?

Just want to make sure since everyone is now handing it out. Personnally i love it adds a new dimension to team play.

Narauko
1iNe/Squad Leader
|n|`static
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2003, 12:55:52 am »

Ok, point taken Valder and Nakauko.  I was only trying to be neutral.  This was my idea, so don't take it out on the rest of the Network guys.  This was not looking to bash any clans.  I was just looking at the whole picture.  The Network is playing well.  We have no problem with the our team.  I was only SUGGESTING that some of the cheat claims are coming from clans that are not as skilled as others(at presents time).  I know for a fact that its is very discouraging when one has layed a whole clip into the enemies head with no effect.  Blame it on lack of skills, lag or the fact that they just suck.  But the fact is still there, you feel like crap when after ripping off a clip and you get shot in the head with one golden bullet from a guy that is in a full sprint, running from side to side.(Been there, done that.  Remember MAD!) Shocked  

Nakauko said "If |n| are worried they dont have enough skill to take the top spot".  Well bro, for me it's not about winning or losing.  It's about having fun with ur buds.  Dude think about it......It's a game.  Not life or death.  I would much rather have my butt handed to me in a jar than listen to the two cb'n clans bitch about who's cheating or not.  All this discussion has taken all the fun out it for me and my others.

CHEATS SUCK, CHEATERS SUCK but it's a part of the game so lets fix it and move on the the next bitch topic, like how big of hOmO Diesel is. hehe Grin

Again, please direct ur comments to me not the boys in |n|.

thanks bros,

`static a.k.a Uffz.B
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2003, 02:17:19 am »

Thank you for proving my point Warrior7...

Thats about all you are good at, pointing a finger.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2003, 02:20:33 am »

Command Grids are allowed and also in the PC world they are allowed everywhere! You can get them at our Mac Downloads.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
1iNe Narauko

One Is Never Enough!

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2003, 08:13:32 am »

So you can't gain top spot and have fun?

i wasn't trying to be offensive or push buttons merely used it as an example.

Thank you mauti for the notice on grid maps.

Narauko
1iNe/Squad Leader
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2003, 03:57:34 pm »

***before reading this post, keep in mind that I am of course one of those ppl who knows nothing about anything. reading this post will likely be a complete waste of your time, just like 75% of the posts in this thread up until now***

As anyone who has ever played me knows, I suck. I am almost always the first to die in every cb I've ever played. I had never even heard of gameranger, *damn, battleleagues, etc before december 2002. So, when someone asked me if i had the grid overlay for the maps, the fullscreen nv, etc.... I assumed that if these alterations had found their way to a dork like me, then of course EVERYONE had them. Asking anyone about them would only make me seem like a bigger noob than I was.

So, what is cheating? Is it making use of an advantage not available to others? Or is it malicious intent? I lean to the latter, because so much of what happens in this community is not about making the playing field level.

What makes it unlevel?

-Netfone, because not everyone can use it. If you have no mic, can't use one cause you play at work, or are limited to how many nf connections you can make due to bandwith....

-Connection speed.... don't tell me that when I come around a corner vs. a guy with a faster connection, or who lives closer to the host, that his kill doesn't make it to the server before mine.....

-Screen size/resolution.... if you want to take away fnv because it affects what we all 'see' on the screen...what about standardizing monitor size, or at least the resolution we're using? These widescreen monitors must affect peripheral vision too, right?

And I'm sure there's more. There is no way to make the playing field completely level. Luckily, as my ineptitude at this game demonstrates, the difference in player skill often outweighs any technical differences in the interface. I mean to say, that if I'm running the wrong way, or facing the wrong direction, it doesn't matter if my peripheral vision is 2% wider than the next guy's. Most of the time, it doesn't matter if the playing field is level, because you would be dead anyway, because the other guy outplayed you in that instance, or he just got lucky.... which happens as often as not, right? As with real life, luck determines winners and losers often enough.

That's why for me, cheating is about intent. If a player is so focused on winning every single engagement that he'll try using any advantage he can find...that's the test for cheating. Personally, I have more fun dying well than winning poorly.

I'm plenty happy to do whatever *damn suggests as the parameters for play in their community. Then again, I'm also happy to just stop cb'ing if it gets too tedious with all this cheat-check business.

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2003, 11:51:01 pm »

Well said |n|`soc,

Enough said!!

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
|DS|Oracle*?
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2003, 07:20:56 pm »

Tongue
Is it just me or is this topic starting to look like a jerry springer episode gone horribly wrong? Look I my self am a modder and I have made my share of ghost recon mods so with that experience I can honestly say that it is very easy to cheat in ghost recon. A while back before season 4 started I taught a few people how to make modded guns that give you a massive tactical advantage such as a silenced full auto sniper rifle and guns with no flash or tracers and extended zoom but I would never use any of these cheats in a game without the other persons knowledge it's just wrong. Now knowing that some clans may be cheating I'm sorry I ever gave my knowledge of modding to anyone else. The point I'm trying to get across here is that more people than I thought may know about this way to alter files and it is highly difficult to prove that another player is using it. The only way I can think of proving that someone is using this type of cheat is to observe them in game play and look for some signs of modded guns such as no focus time or extra ammo and if the rate of fire seems abnormally high. As for Mauti I think you need to take a serious look at this issue because it just may get out of hand. As for any cheaters out there wanting to learn how to alter these files don't come ask me cause I won't tell you shit. I know a few  people know how to do this but I'm going to try to severly limit who has the knowledge. And by the way if you think |DS| cheats just look at or stats on the ladder I promise you'll change your mind real fast lol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads