*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:00:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost lost its virginity - shocking cheats !!  (Read 7533 times)
Flies
« on: April 28, 2003, 03:10:09 pm »

clapping hands
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:55:36 pm by | ! | Flies » Logged
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 03:18:15 pm »

I hope all clans using these cheats will be properly punished for there actions.

This is not fair on clans who play fair.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 03:42:05 pm »

If you visited *DAMN's website yesterday you could download the full screen night vision files because it was obviously the easiest way to offer the modification to everyone until I found out that it also gives the sniper full screen. 30 persons downloaded the files. - My fault!

Well I'm just speaking with some PC players and how the problem has been handled there because you can't proove that someone uses such cheats. If you observe a player it will show the night vision with your files.

Supergrid command maps aren't considered as cheating and are offered by all great GR PC mod websites however night vision is obviously a problem. I'll post more in the main news once I spoke with more PC players.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 04:56:24 pm »

I have to agree with Flies.   More and more people are using cheats within the mac gaming community.  i do not believe that again it is fair to the other players out there.   This Night vision crap has been on  the site for 2 days now granted, but there were clans that were using this cheat for longer then that.  I understand that now it is a legal Cheat.  Whatever that means.  But there were many CB's with certain clans that were played already without the knowledge of every other member of the Ghost Recon Community.  Plus this now almost eliminates the need or use of a sniper rifle on night maps, which again is bullshit.  It takes the skill out of the game.  It seems that many other Mac area's out there are getting more corrupt every day, or biased should I say.  This is not a good thing.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 05:01:08 pm »

When I am home I gonna post about it in the main news. There will be a general amnesty for all guys that used it but from now on it will be considered as cheating and players that use it will get a season ban from the BL.(I also make a BL rule service update where you can ask a player to make a screenshot from you if you think he cheats because that's the only way where you can see if he cheats or not)

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Warrior 7
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 06:57:39 pm »

I have also heard of people that have disbanned the weather mode that means they have no fog or rain etc:

And I have heard of people that has modified there weapeons that means if he is the host his gun could be modified!

I heard the BT clan  and the C clan uses the mod Night Vision for sure!!  and some one else told me they use even more but you cant prove that can you!

Well this battle season is really screwed up now it does not go on 100% skill of the clan! Doesnt matter who wins this season at least for me cause so many people got cheats! If I was in a clan it would not make sence to fight  casuse of the cheats!  Like Flies said its really a pitty    Angry Sad
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 07:38:53 pm »

Boy, I love how Warrior 7 can come on here and make completely unsubstantiated accusations against c| (and pretty much every other clan other than Virus) when i've never once seen him online.

Anyhow, c| does not use cheats, and we'll gladly offer up screenshots in any CB to anyone who wants to see it.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Warrior 7
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 08:30:14 pm »

Splinter you want to tell us that you dont use the Night Vision MOD? Well maybe you dont but some of your clan does for sure ! I would think if one does they all do!  That was said in a chat room from one of the BT guys i am informed, and he also said the BT clan uses it as well  So dont go acting like your some innocent guy getting picked on please!
Maybe the V clan does too How should I know but they did not say anything about this!
TRIBE - Ikono
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 08:49:52 pm »

I just got this link from our (tribe) forum and i am taking the liberty to and my 2 cents.

Cheating will allways be present. It is a fact and nothing can be donne against it as long as there is no way of monitoring the games (the screen shot idea is a first step but far from effecient - can there be a monitoring mod). As long as players seek victory and not self improuvemt u are sure players will find ways to win with more ease.

From a personal point of view i think that these discoveries are just the tip of the iceberg and for the moment they are trivial. I am  convinced that there are other cheats out there that are far less inoccent (please note that some people consider me slighty paranoiac - they are out there to get me!). Usually when we discover cheats you are pretty sure they are allready outdated. I am sure i am not the only one with this point of view .

As long as there is no way to verify effeciently who cheats and as long as we humans are not enlightened, there will be cheats.

It seams that virtual world is unfourtunatly a good reflection of our sad reality.

Tongue

Kind regards

Ikono

ps: I am surprised that some are surprised
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 10:04:37 pm »

I know of a few people that have had the Nightvision Cheat since the beginning of Season 1. I heard them talking about it in a game one time, and didn't really know what it was until now. It wouldn't be fair to post their names, since Mauti has already granted everyone amnesty that had used it previously. However, if you need the names, Mauti, I'll tell ya. Oh, and no, it isn't anyone from AgT.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 10:29:02 pm »

hi guys

I'm using the full screen night vision... and me and someone else developed it, but we didn't do the sniper scope mod.   Here's why i did it, being in the military, and actually using night vision goggles, they actually do offer peripheral vision, not this stoopid circle that people see in movies and shit. For example, put binoculars to your face, and tell me what you see... YOU SEE two circles in front of your eyes? I didn't think so.  Same goes for NVG's.  The game is not a true 180 degree view like you get through human eyes, therefore, I don't consider it a cheat. Anywho...  the mod has been taken out until this has become an officailly ratified mod.

SignTist
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 10:33:02 pm »

Well this battle season is really screwed up now it does not go on 100% skill of the clan! Doesnt matter who wins this season at least for me cause so many people got cheats! If I was in a clan it would not make sence to fight  casuse of the cheats!  Like Flies said its really a pitty    Angry Sad

what are you talking about dood??? get a life and learn a little about what's happening in the world. You're not even in a clan fool!

SignTist
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 10:35:03 pm »

It wouldn't be fair to post their names, since Mauti has already granted everyone amnesty that had used it previously. However, if you need the names, Mauti, I'll tell ya. Oh, and no, it isn't anyone from AgT.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to tell us all.....

ViRuS doesn't cheat and we don't wanna play with people who do.

Later,
Dutchman
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 10:37:38 pm by Dutchman / ViRuS » Logged

One day I fly away
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2003, 10:38:37 pm »

Wouldn't be a bad idea to tell us all.....

ViRuS doesn't cheat and we don't wanna play with people who do.

Later,
Dutchman

Umm Dutchie,   I told your boys, you know who has it and who doesn't

SignTist
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 10:43:02 pm by SignTist » Logged
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2003, 10:46:00 pm »

I agree with mauti's new rule,
I will admit to trying that NV/Sniper mod for a few games quite a while ago (back when cunt lived).
 At first i thought it was no big deal, it just took away the small hole we have to look thru. Then it became obvious why this is a cheat.
On maps like ghost town where peripheral view extends the fog line a few meters, and NV helps to see a little bit further is where this cheat really makes a difference. Combining NV and peripheral view allows one to see an extra 30-50 meters thru the fog.

The Map Grid isn't a cheat IMHO, it helps communication somewhat but not very much. If you want to talk about tactical advantages, talk about netfone.

I'm glad this is cleared up, and maybe we can all pitch in and buy the ubisoft programers a book on proper client-server programing.

oh btw, if you think its the tip of the iceburg there is one epic hack that has been found. I'll email the details to mauti because the general noob going public shouldn't know about this untill there is a way to stop it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 10:52:21 pm by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2003, 11:01:50 pm »

Umm Dutchie,   I told your boys, you know who has it and who doesn't

SignTist

Ok, I'll ask 'em.

One more question:
Did BTs used this cheat during the last cb against ViRuS?

One day I fly away
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2003, 11:26:55 pm »

The Map Grid isn't a cheat IMHO, it helps communication somewhat but not very much. If you want to talk about tactical advantages, talk about netfone.

I agree I think Grid maps would be agood idea. This is meant to be a realistic modern game is it not? and I havent seen a modern map yet that dosnt have a grid. If anything I think this improves the game.

I hope this has convinced you, that the grid maps should not be thought as a cheat.

c| Ssickboy
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2003, 11:38:43 pm »

well... I know of these files, not afraid to admit I had the NV at one point. This was before the c| clan was ever formed.  I want to assure you that in the c| clan, "if one does they all do!" does not apply.  A lot of our guys never heard of it as far as I know.  

Now that the forum is open on this NV issue, I got no probs with the new rule.  I think the full-screen NV is an unfortunate cheat.  The regular NV is an obstical natural to the game, and is a part of overall skill battle measurement.  Sorry signy but its about the platform we're playing on.

check this:  At ONE point during the actual cb, type a message to all saying "c| Ssickboy: pleaze take a screen shot now with NV on."  Then AFTER the battle everyone sends screen shots to one designated person to the other team.  screen shot should have normal NV with the text on top: "c| Ssickboy: pleaze take a screen shot now."  (not so tricky)

Cool to hear the issue being addressed and hope this works out.  You cheaters out there, just know... if you cheat, you will never truly be as great as the ssickness.  =)  

BTW warrior I have never heard of the weather tweaks/cheats.  Yes there are server side mods that draw some variation for all who play in an open battle on GR.  that doesnt give any extra advantage to anyone person, and they are not used in the cb's anyway.  thats all I know

SsicK
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 01:19:10 am »

So can someone make the mod so you dont get the full screen sniper view with full screen NV?  If this could be made, i would be all for useing it, and i agree with mauti and sign that the reg NV sucks and is not anything like the real thing.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
c| BlacMantis
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 01:24:22 am »

I think this thread is a foolish waste of time.  I can say firsthand that I have never used the full screen night vision mod.  I utilize NV every now and then.  It does help to spot enemies in certain instances.  In fact this is the first time I have heard of the Mod.  
With that said... I don't have a problem with it.  I don't think it provides all that much of an advantage, if any.  CB's are reliant on tactics and communication.  Next thing you'll say is Netphone provides an unfair advantage to those clans who use it.   Lets move past this and play the game.  Stop pointing fingers.  I think its bogus.  
Mantis...my $.02
P.S. I hate sniping and we should be focusing on the campers out there who dont move more than 30ft from there spawn points.  These are the guys who lost the real point of the game and CB's
:Bump:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads