*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:13:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hall of Fame suggestions  (Read 8425 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2002, 10:33:39 pm »

Hehe, I hate to say it, but Haz is 100% correct. If your average person just voted, the vote would be extremely bias. If it was 50 AgT VooDoo's voting, then I would think it was fine ( as you can tell, I consider Voods one of the most fair person in the RS world ). This should be for clans who have proven themselves through battle. Battle League winners, and tourney winners.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2002, 12:24:50 am »

Well sorry Mohaa ladder would be a good idea.
No it wouldn't, ONly like 4 clans exsist for MOH. Mattster you have to ask yourself if tom clancy made the game before sugesting it here. If you want a MOH latter Mag acomidates that (however you will never be an admin at mag  Wink )

Btw i notice how typhy is trying to get himself into the hall of fame, so then i can say this,
Jeb and Ejo BATTLE PROVEN WINNERS of the ISRL.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2002, 02:44:29 am »

Btw i notice how typhy is trying to get himself into the hall of fame, so then i can say this,
Jeb and Ejo BATTLE PROVEN WINNERS of the ISRL.

I noticed very much Typhy wants to get himself into the Hall of Fame too but you guys can't say you won the irsl, Typhy and I did.  Then we play you can you hide in a gigantic map untill we leave.

Also Typhy if 50 Voodoo's voted they would all vote for the same thing noob.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2002, 03:11:50 am »

Excuse me Jeb? Ejo and you are battle proven winners for winning one CB? - The IRSL didn't work, you didn't win it. Nobody won it because the league died. Anyways, Battle Proven means actually winning in the form of games, you won in the form of hiding in the smallest places in the biggest maps, 'till we got so mad that we left.

I'm not going to lie, I'll admit, I belive that I belong in the hall of fame, as a winner of a Battle League, and a 1v1 tourney.

More coming later.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 08:02:40 am by ?Typhy » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2002, 04:01:14 am »

Thinking that you belong in a hall of fame is extremely egotistical. I don't think winning a 1v1 tournyment merits being in the hall of fame. For instance i made it to the finals of the 1v1 tourney without knowing i was entered in it, then i droped out. So sudenly that is a better basis than the IRSL, i think not. one more word on the little battle we had typhy, you said it would be easy to beat us when we camped, then you left after 3 games.

I think if there was a hall of fame one entry should be made after each season, or whenever someone deserves to go in it. The only clan in my experience that is legend is Swat. I think the only person who should decide the entrys is mauti, since that is the only way to not have disputes over the entry.

And i've heard typhy say things such as "AK is the best clan EVER" and "there is no one better than me." is that the words of a selfless person who deserves to be in the hall of fame, or mb the whole thing is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 04:05:45 am by ?(uNt?Jeb » Logged

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2002, 04:25:36 am »

Jeb, I left because I have a life, and I didn't feel like keeping playing 10 minute games over and over that were no fun. At the point where I left, it was 2-1, TR ahead.

My victories in the 1v1 tourney were OoA Xoclipse, KoS Rebel, KoS Electronicjo and *NADS Pfc. Biohazard. Thats not to bad. - If winning a 1v1 tourney doesn't get you in, perhaps you can explain what does.

Do I consider SWAT a clan that should go in the Hall of Fame? Heck no. SWAT was a great clan, with great players, but they never proved themselves.

What's up with "Mauti should decide"? I have lots of respect for Mauti, but if you ask him to decide, you're asking someone who is simply in charge of things to do it, rather than someone who actually knows anything about players or clans. I've played against Mauti onces, AK has never CBed against him. ( Just using us as an example ). Thats how it goes. If the general person just voted on things, It'd be very bias.

The only way to have this thing work out fairly is for it to go by acievment. Is RnT a great clan? Hell no! - But if RnT holds on to win this battle league, I'd support them going into the Hall of Fame. A football player can't say "I had great skills, I just suffered a career ending injury". You must prove yourself, no matter how great people are thought of, you don't belong in the Hall of Fame unless you've proved yourself.

The three players who I think there is no way you can turn down, are KoS Ultimo, OoA Xoclipse, and myself. Xo and I were the winners of the 1v1 tourney, and Ultimo has been the leader of a clan which has won two battle leagues. - If these aren't achievments that will get you in the Hall of Fame, then nothing is. ( Especialy Ultimo, if one player from the whole RS/R6 world belongs in the hall of fame, its him ).

On a side, less on topic note: "ONly like 4 clans exsist for MOH" - Umm... Thats the sign of someone who only plays on GameRanger, there are probably nearly one thousand MoH:AA clans, but I understand your point, that there are only 4 that would compete in a *DAMN MoH:AA league.

"i made it to the finals of the 1v1 tourney" - Uh, not even close actually. The final of the 1v1 tourney was me, vs OoA Xoclipse. Previous matchups to play for a spot in the final, were an earlier battle between myself and Xo, which I won to represent the winners bracket in the final, and then a battle between OoA Xoclipse and AK Rapid ( which Rapid forfited ). The next tourney made it down to about 16 people before it fell apart.

"So sudenly that is a better basis than the IRSL, i think not." - Umm, of course it is. The IRSL fell apart after only two battles were played. Winning 1 battle doesn't make you the best, and make you belong in the Hall of Fame.

"Also Typhy if 50 Voodoo's voted they would all vote for the same thing noob." - You know what I meant Infection ( Oh no, now I sound like SK with my "You know what I meant" ). I mean that if there were 50 voters who were as fair as AgT VooDoo, I would accept it.

Once again, in rather a hurry, so please forgive any spelling, punciational, or gramatical errors.

Thanks,
Typhy

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2002, 07:28:38 am »

I'll admin
ummm What the Hell?  whats that matter?

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2002, 08:03:18 am »

Casper, if you read my post, you'll know exactly what I meant, I meant to say "Admit", which you could have easily seen.

$hadoW

$hadow

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2002, 10:38:08 am »

Hey i think maybe the top 3 yes 3 clans should go into the hall of fame from each ladder although the other 2 clan dont win the bl the chances are they wasn't cbing newbie clans over and over thats ?k style winning usually the clans in 2nd and 3rd can out play the clan in pole postion but the clan in 1st cbs 24/7 although RnT are not doing this many clans have including ?k no offence ak your a great clan dont take that the wrong way but u did cb quite a few newbie clans 2 get in 1st last season u have 2 admit that.
$hadow
P.S.
Where are the 1 v 1 ladders located

$hadow..
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2002, 03:59:08 pm »

My beliefs is that the hall of fame should be based complelety on skill, just like the MLB hall of fame, and based on the the 1st battle league season onward ( since the battle system was re-done)

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2002, 07:25:22 am »

Hmm. Skillwise, I think that SWAT was probably the best RS clan. No offense to KoS of course. KoS, in my opinion(note the word opinion), is the best RS clan currently competing in the BL. OOA is/was damn good too, but I only see a few of them on now-a-days. Of course, honorable mentions include AK for winning last season and their overall competitiveness and teamwork. Also, a shameless plug to AgT for us being such good sports, even when we suffer horrible, horrible defeats, sometimes in the hands of newbie clans that only last a week. Oh yeah, and *DAMN, since they keep the boat afloat, and they play kick-the-can like nobody's business. And now, my personal Hall of Fame:

Best Humping Clan: *NADS- Ain't nobody can hump like a *NADS.

Funniest Clan: (unt- The website says it all.

Clan You Don't Want To Get Into An Argument With: ?K- pretty self explanatory. Anyone who gets into an argument with them tends to lose, either because they don't want to read Typhy's super-long posts, or because they simply give up, since ?K never does. It's futile, really.

Replacement Romulus/Rapid Award: Rabid! He's been taking a lot of heat lately on the boards, so he deserves an award for not killing himself. Keep up the good work, Rabid!

Most TKs: ?gT- Snipey, your selfless devotion to winning this award brought us the gold! Congratulations!  Wink

Hmm. I'm probably gonna regret this post in the morning, but eh, it's kinda funny. In a way. Actually, not at all. I have too much time on my hands.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2002, 08:20:57 am »

If there was a "Most overrated clan" award, it'd go to OoA for sure. - I've played these guys, I played Rob and Xo when they were in NiX, these guys are nothing special. I'd expect a clan like KoS to take these guys down about 6-3. - When I CBed them for FiRE, ( Brain, please take as little offense as possible to this ) they won 7-3. This comes with me getting every kill. I averaged probably about 1.5 kills per game, for that CB, had I had a semi competant ( however it's spelled ) teamate, we probably would've won that CB.

"Clan You Don't Want To Get Into An Argument With: ?K- pretty self explanatory. Anyone who gets into an argument with them tends to lose, either because they don't want to read Typhy's super-long posts, or because they simply give up, since ?K never does. It's futile, really." - I'm still trying to decide wether to be offended by this, take it as a great compliment, or just ignore it... I'm leaning towards the second option.

My big thing here, is that I think to get into the Hall of Fame, you have to have proven yourself, as have clans like DAMN ( R6 ), AK, KoS, PsYcO, and SWAT.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2002, 11:55:45 am »

Slow down everybody first thanks for your inputs. I talked with Elandrion and we have great ideas. First there will be medals for winning categories. How many medals will be a secret. Only the winner goes into the Hall of Fame because it should be something special and sorry to say but 2nd is 2nd and not 1st so only the best of the best will be there. About players: players won't be add on a regular basis like clans who can get a medal every season. The only person that is in it is Grifter. I have never played with him much but he will be there. About the tourney winners - all tourneys were screwed because to many clans and players jumped off and didn't play. If we will make tourneys we will make them all on one weekend.

The winners of the 1st and 2nd season will be in it 100%(since the skillpoint system was redone with penalty points) I'll also probably add the winners of the preseason(old skillpoint system - 1.9.2001 - 1.6.2002).

One thing about the medals if you win a ladder several times you get special medals.

About the medal design bah I would be happy if you would send me your photoshops and ideas.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2002, 12:48:14 am »

Hell why not the top three winners. I heard that suggestion a wile ago. Just a thought.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2002, 01:25:18 am »

Typhy, I think I meant it as a compliment. I think. I dunno, I thought it was kinda silly at 1 in the morning. No hard feelings.   Grin Mauti, let me be the first to kiss your ass and tell you your hall of fame idea is splendid, and I love it. Keep up the good work! Also, a very nice touch adding Grifter to the hall of fame. Once the Hall of Fame is done, make sure to add links to the page on the *DAMN site about Grifter. I think there's one on the AK site too, but I could be mistaken.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2002, 01:46:55 am »

It's all good, Mellow. Smiley

Yes, we do have a site in honor of Grifter, with all of the quotes about him. It's no up right now, because we switched webhosts, but I'm sure it will be soon enough.

My objection to putting the top 3 in, is because I think this should be for the few proven top clans. The more clans in it, the less meaning that it has. - With what Mauti says, the only really good clans that wouldn't be in it ( my opinion ) are Virus and AgT. I'm not sure about Virus, but I do expect AgT to end up there at some point. They have a great group of players, and I belive that they will win a Battle League.

More coming later, we got a new puppy, got to go talk to it. Wink

KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:38 am »

Typhy, please stop putting yourself and your clan in the same catagory of the great clans. The best 3 clans in RS were and always will be Swat, Psyco, and KoS. Anyone who is a RS vet will agree. You say ?K has proven themselves ? How ? You mean when you got in 7th place in last seasons battle league ? Shocked

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2002, 05:12:48 am »

Ult, I mean the fact that we beat out SWAT, KoS, and PsYcO ( yeah, it helped that two of the three died. Wink ), to win the January - May Battle League.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2002, 05:18:41 am »

you mean the battleleague that was flawed? the one we fixed so noob clans can't win by cbing to much?

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2002, 06:04:38 am »

Uh Jeb, our 24-5 or whatever it was, record would've won even with the current point system. More coming after I finish homework, I really hope that's sometime before midnight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads