*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:09:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hall of Fame suggestions  (Read 8426 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: December 12, 2002, 02:15:25 pm »

Maybe we get the hall of Fame done with the start of the 3rd season. However I am unsure how to present the clans in it: How do you imagine the HoF?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Agent Wallabie

Im a small kangaroo you idiot.

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 05:39:00 pm »

Got no idea who should be in it. But it should have lots of different ppl from differ clans. It should also not be easy to be in  Grin

Wallie.

Okay Walli, I couldn't find a quick example last night but here is one right now.  You didn't really contribute anything too helpful for the conversation, you're just posting, you should know what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 08:32:05 pm by <FiRE> Infection » Logged

Giving my 2? 24/7.
.                ___
\?--?-?_/_._._\--?Huh?--\
||__?-?_---?__-]_???--?===
            ||'/     | |||

() ()
?  (??)
'=(  )=';=?
  // \\
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 06:02:40 pm »

I know everyone has hated the ideas of a nice Photoshop or two, but there's not really a whole lot more you can do. Maybe make some real nice lookin' trophies/medals for each category that a clan/person could win, and you'd have to decide what awards/inductions to give out. IE, overall winner, 100% games won, Most CB's played, etc. The biggest prize they'd be getting would be bragging rights, but i think a nice little phoroshop is about all you can do on top of that.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 06:34:06 pm »

Well, I'd think to see it made in Photoshop, showing the Battle League winners from each ladder. KoS, AK, etc, For the Rogue Spear ladder. AK for the Rogue Spear Demo ladder, *DAMN for the R6 ladder, and then a few assorted clans, like SWAT, PsYcO, and POD.

I think of the layout as a page off of the Battle League section of the site, perhaps a trophy, with Rogue Spear Photoshops from Screenshots, the clans in the Hall of Fame would be able to have a copy of the page for their clan sites.

As far as who goes on, I'd have to say all of the Battle League winners from each ladder, and maybe a few assorted clans to go along with those, also the winners of any *DAMN tourneys. For individual players, I think you'd have to start with the leaders of the winning clans, Ultimo, Rapid, Mauti, etc. - Past that, I'd go with the 3, 1v1 tourney winners. Those being myself, xoclipse, and Punisher. You'd also want to throw in a few assorted players, such as Grifter, and aSsAsSiN.

Just my thoughts,
Typhy  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Cringe

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 07:22:34 pm »

And the Clan Whore of the Year Award goes to:.....

Omg wewt Glow works now yay
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 07:24:20 pm by Cringe » Logged

Evill: Rapid, stfu.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 09:49:11 pm »

I think you should have  to make accomplishments to get into the Hallf of Fame, like winning a battle league, winning a 1v1 tounrey. And the layout should just be the different accomplishments accross the page and the clans/members under them if they completed it.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Flame

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 10:09:44 pm »

Well, I think that it shouldn't just be winning. Like, there should be some other things like best sportsman of the year or something. That way even if you suck, you could still be in it.
Agent Wallabie

Im a small kangaroo you idiot.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 10:45:53 pm »

Be cool if you got points for being in the HoF   Smiley

Wallie~

Giving my 2? 24/7.
.                ___
\?--?-?_/_._._\--?Huh?--\
||__?-?_---?__-]_???--?===
            ||'/     | |||

() ()
?  (??)
'=(  )=';=?
  // \\
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 11:06:19 pm »

Hall of Fame is generally for the best people in a sport that have had great accomplishments and hold records.  I don't think you're going to get in for best sport.  I think the hall of fame should also be a vote like at the end of every season with ballots for each subject like best player of the season and 5 people would be in the vote sort of like the heisman.  I think the admins and moderators should discuss possible people and everyone should vote and talk about it.  I would also like to be able to help with this project Mauti with making ps's, helping with ballots or voting, helping with the section of the site and helping with any ideas if that would be ok with you.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 11:54:11 pm »

Also the Hall of Fame shouldnt be a popularity contest. Even if you hate the person. Of they are good at RS, GhR or Mohaa i think you should still put them on the ballet if they are good enough.

Retired Mac RS Player.
one on another comp
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 11:57:58 pm »

Well,

Awhile ago, I was thinking of making an R6 Hall of Fame based on Voting,opinions, and other criteria.  But, I left the project because I didn't have the right materials such as Photoshop or Dreamweaver etc.

Cheers,
one
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2002, 12:06:36 am »

or Mohaa
Where the hell did this come from? This is RS/RS/GhR, not Medal of Honor. - I think that this should go to people who have made great achievements in the Battle League, or tourneys. Not who's popular, or who's the best sport.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 12:14:42 am »

or Mohaa
Where the hell did this come from? This is RS/RS/GhR, not Medal of Honor. - I think that this should go to people who have made great achievements in the Battle League, or tourneys. Not who's popular, or who's the best sport.

I agree with Typhy and he beat me for making fun of Mattster for mentioning MoH Wink

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2002, 12:25:15 am »

Well sorry Mohaa ladder would be a good idea.

Retired Mac RS Player.
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2002, 12:51:15 am »

Well, we should have the Best RS player hall of fame for each season... the best person on GR hall of fame... and the best clan for each ladder hall of fame... if we make a bunch of these then at least every clan/person has a chance at wining it.... just my ideas tho...  Grin

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
bronto
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2002, 01:23:22 am »

it should be seperated into a tree of categories:

Clans - Sportsmanship
          - Coolness Smiley
          - Best CBing skills
          - Overall
Individuals - Sportsmanship
                  - Best Team Player
                  - Clan Whore (i know)
                  - Most Skillful
                  - Overall

mb something a little more organized, but along those lines. and one that makes sense too. ten people / clans are voted for in a poll for each section in the forums and then put into those sections. then people should be able to vote for them.

something like that mb.
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2002, 05:02:35 am »

Best Pistol Skills/Sniper Rifle Rushing : AgT Colin :0

Worst Sport : AK Rapid

Most Improved Player would be a good one.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2002, 05:59:52 am »

Best Pistol Skills/Sniper Rifle Rushing : AgT Colin :0

Worst Sport : AK Rapid

Most Improved Player would be a good one.

Guys, you normally don't view the Hall of Fame as an awards ceromony.  It should be for the best at things.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2002, 06:08:18 am »

I think that certian people are takings things way to far here. This should be reserved to people who have proven themselves through combat. Battle League winners, and tourney winners. As well as a few assorted people and clans like SWAT, PsYcO, aSsAsSiN, and Grifter. None of this "most cool person" kind of thing. This shouldn't be who is the most popular, it should be over who is the best.

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2002, 07:14:06 pm »

Yea, but if we had a vote it would probably be biased against AK seeing as how a lot of vets don't like them and the noobs just jump on the bandwagon. Also we shouldn't have too many categories because then getting into the Hall of Fame wouldn't be an accomplishment at all.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads