*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:51:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  *DAMN Mod Section (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, Toby, Casper, BFG)
| | | |-+  Wow--my first mod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wow--my first mod  (Read 2085 times)
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« on: April 11, 2001, 06:05:28 pm »

Heyas all---

I made my first mod! ?but I need some help now that I'm done. ?It's a host-side only mod that makes the game Frags only. ?You can also join no mod games after its installed, but its hard to change weps. ?I've tested it and several people seem to like it. ?(though a bunch also think it's stupid) ? But anyway, it was fun to make, and now I have one problem.

Does anyone out there know how to make an installer? ?Bander and Mauti--I know you do, so if you or someone else will let me know I'd appreciate it. ?With an installer I can more easily add some other mods I've figured out how to do--more on those later.

Or if there's some software I can download or buy than that would be great too.

Please help--
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

< insert clever and original signature here >
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2001, 10:26:59 pm »

For those of you that I gave the web address of my mod too earlier, I am sorry. ?I was a little hasty and I put my mod up on the web, but then soon discovered a bunch of bugs in it. ?Sad

I had to pull the mod, and I'm not sure if I'll put it back or not. ?Only if I'm absolutely certain that it works perfectly will I put it back up.

I guess the first time for anything is always a little to exciting, eh?

*DAMN Mauti
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 03:57:17 am »

Yes Loud,

if I remember when I finished my Mauti Mod I tested it only in training missions and then I sent it off.  The first version caused problems in coop games and I was really shocked and created an update within one day. I  don't know anyone who didn't make this fault, lol.

About good installers: I use  Vise Installer Maker 7.0. In my opinion this is the best installer application.  But there are also Alladin Install Maker and other smaller installers for free.

Have a nice day,

Mauti
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2001, 12:07:01 pm »

Thanks Mauti.

I don't know if I can fix these bugs within one day or not.  But the installer stuff should come in handy.

*DAMN Mauti
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2001, 12:23:36 pm »

I had to fix it within in one day because I sent my mod to all GameRanger buddies and forced them to test it(over 100 guys) but the first version caused crashes and didn't let you join no mod games, lol. My first mod experience Grin
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2001, 01:51:13 pm »

oooh.   Sounds painful.

I sent mine to only about 5 people who were on GR last night.  So I was able to stop the spread of damage pretty quickly.  Unfortunately I'm afraid my whole concept idea is flawed, so I may not be able to fix this mod at all.  We'll see  Huh

jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 09:42:57 pm »

Many ages later...here's an update on that depressing story.  Better get out the tissues folks this one's a tearjerker....

Ok....I spent many hours figuring out how to use installer Vise and made a pretty good installer for the mod.  However, I didn't register it yet because I wanted to do lots more GR testing.  Soon several problems developed.....

First of all---Almost everyone hated the mod.  It seems that no one wants to play R6 with only Frag grenades.  Hmmph!  I wonder why?  Well...actually it was because it made the game kinda boring and ridiculous.  But oh well.  To the 2 or so of you who actually wanted to download the frag only mod, I'm sorry but it will never be.

Second---in my bug testing I found a majorly huge bug.  It has no known fix and makes the whole concept of the mod worthless for me to create.  Apparently, when you modify the amount of ammuntion (number of bullets per magazine or number of grenades) a strange thing happens.  The animation for the grenade explosion doesn't show up on screen.  People in multiplayer games see their nades sitting on the ground unexploded, while the host sees his explosions normally.  However, this only happened when the client had an earlier version of R6 than me.  Why?  I have no freakin' idea.  Unfortunately I am a relative newcomer to the game and I have the latest version.  So I guess that means this mod is toast.

Now wasn't that sad?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads