*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:51:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?  (Read 24263 times)
jerkasaur

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2005, 11:24:43 pm »

It was clearly stated that moves were due on Monday, everyone saw it, everyone knew about it. If they forgot, that's their loss. War doesn't wait for each person to be ready.

As for the Ottoman Empire, I'm not against it (though I should be because I'm Austria), but I wish you would have let us know sooner.

Maybe we could get a rule clarification - Are we now not allowed to enter a neutral provice (Spain, Sweden, Serbia, etc)? I could find no information in any of the rule books which said that we couldn't, and not being able to move into those provinces to secure those supply depots doesn't make any sense.
Ein

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2005, 01:07:23 am »

It was clearly stated that moves were due on Monday, everyone saw it, everyone knew about it. If they forgot, that's their loss. War doesn't wait for each person to be ready.

As for the Ottoman Empire, I'm not against it (though I should be because I'm Austria), but I wish you would have let us know sooner.

I agree with jerk on both of these. All posted their email information after you posted when the move due dates were so all knew when they had to have their moves in by. If they dont make a move subm,ition, in the rules it that the particular country who did not move is in civil disorder. All countries hold and none support each other since no support was declared. I think everyone should be aware of this rule and if you are not, then you are after reading this. It is important that everyone makes their moves in a timely fashion.

As for the Ottoman Empire joining, I have no problem with this either but would have prefered to know before I submitted my first moves or made any alliances.

A suggestion to clear up both issues would be to start either Wed or Friday (preferably Friday so I can get alliances in order) whch would allow any other players to introduce themselves and join the game and would allow all players a chance to submit their moves again (in a timely manner) not that everyone is aware of the civil disorder rule.

I know Jerk asked a question which I was also interested in but I have another to raise. If we continue with the Mon/Wed/Fri move submittal, in the event that an army is ousted, when would they have to have their retreat order in so that everyone could see that before planning their next move?

Ein
oBlade

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2005, 03:55:38 am »

Ein, this makes perfect sense, but there's one problem. Germany is the only one who hasn't submitted, and I don't want anyone getting mad because they got crushed because we couldn't wait just once for them.

Jerkasaur, you can enter all neutral provinces except the ones that you can't. Smiley

That means you can enter anything except Switzerland. As for the Monday Wednesday Friday thing, I personally hate it. I enjoyed communicating with other nations to plan this first move. You won't have any time to do that if we are submitting moves every other day. Plus, it technically takes 4 move submissions to complete a year (my mistake guys). There are 2 submissions for winter. The first one, to move units, the second, to place and remove units because of supply centers changing hands.

Ein, to answer your question about the retreats... that's one more reason Mon Wed Fri is too short! I would be updating the map too much too.

So, I'm sorry to those that want it, but the Monday Wednesday Friday thing is out. Unless anyone else has a suggestion (with the days more spread out), it'll be Monday Friday Monday Friday. That way we cover a year in 2 weeks...

One more thing. I'll get (force) the Ottoman guy to post some contact info here. I can get his moves in person, so.

Just waiting on Germany. NEXT MOVES DUE FRIDAY. And if anyone is late, ever again, the civil disorder rule will apply. But not on the first turn guys.

EDIT: I left much unanswered in that post. About the retreat orders. Send them to me the day after them map is updated. That way I can immediately go and update the map again. And I guess I will have to notify you people if you need to submit retreat orders.

And as for move submission. I am unhappy with the Monday Friday Monday Friday thing. Let's try...
Monday Friday Wednesday Friday
That way you have plenty of time for the normal moves, but placing and removing armies (as it should) takes much less than the rest. The second phase winter moves would be due on the second Fridays. Any questions?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 04:04:41 am by oBlade » Logged
Otto Man
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2005, 02:33:53 pm »

hi, i'm gonna be fighting in the little corner known as turkey, wahoo stupid
oBlade

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2005, 10:10:57 pm »

Too late for you, Tin. I can't wait any longer for Germany's moves. So. Map is now updated at www.geocities.com/ublade81

Next moves (first phase Winter 1901) are due next Monday. Second phase will be due the Friday after that, and then we will proceed with the Monday Friday Wednesday Friday scenario. If someone doesn't understand, has a petition, or has questions about that move submission schedule, speak now. I won't be announcing when moves are due once we're on that schedule.
Otto Man
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2005, 11:58:19 pm »

Hi again guys, sorry i didnt join earlier, i am oBlade's friend from school, and he only told me last friday, and i forgot over the weekend Lips Sealed  so it is mostly my fault nobody knew i was going to play.

Well, i will be checking my mail levinejoey@yahoo.com pretty much every day if anyone wants to make alliances and stuff.  Personally, i will wait for the first moves to be posted to see who i want to ally with.

Ottoman
jerkasaur

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2005, 10:21:36 am »

Sooo... you gonna update the map or not?
oBlade

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2005, 06:05:48 pm »

Too late for you, Tin. I can't wait any longer for Germany's moves. So. Map is now updated at www.geocities.com/ublade81

Pay attention Smiley
jerkasaur

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2005, 12:41:40 am »

I did, I checked for hours after you said that it was updated and it still wasn't....
oBlade

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2005, 03:17:45 am »

Well, the map looks pretty much exactly the same, since no provinces changed hands, but I did type in a little marker that tells you where units are. That's not very obvious, but I did post the finalized moves under the map, if you scroll down.
oBlade

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2005, 07:14:28 pm »

IMPORTANT:

Austria pointed something out a really stupid mistake of mine in an email he sent to me. Disregard everything I have said so far about move submission (the Spring, Fall, First phase winter, Second phase winter bullshit).

There are only 3 turns in a year. Spring, Fall, and Winter. Winter is a build turn. Earlier, I had you guys submitting Fall move orders, and Winter move AND build orders. This happened because I notated the spawn points as Spring 1901 moves. Well that's wrong

The moves that will be due Monday are Fall 1901 moves. They will not be build moves. The moves due the following Friday will be Winter 1901 (build moves). The ones you've already submitted were Spring 1901 moves, and I will edit the map page to reflect that.

So, we need to devise a new move submission schedule. The Monday Wednesday Friday think isn't looking so bad now. So, starting from the monday after this monday, moves will be due as follows:

Spring moves - Monday
Fall moves - Wednesday
Winter moves - Friday

I ask that you submit moves as early as possible, so I can update the map and immediately contact people about retreats. Retreat moves will be due on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I will email you on Monday or Wednesday if you need to submit them.

Sorry about this. Keep playing though. I promise no more stupid mistakes. wallbashing
jerkasaur

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2005, 08:46:50 am »

Are you going to me updating the province colors, so we know which countries occuply which provinces?
oBlade

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2005, 05:30:25 pm »

Yes, but provinces don't officially change hands until after Fall. So the map will look the same through the year.
Ein

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2005, 04:53:54 am »

Just to clarify, next moves are due by monday, correct? And that is for fall 1901?

Ein
oBlade

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2005, 06:35:33 pm »

Yup
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2005, 06:43:25 pm »

Seeing as this looks like a long term thread, duly 'stickied'

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
oBlade

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2005, 03:03:45 am »

I don't know what happened today, but the only people to submit moves today are Dark and me (of course). So everyone else needs to get their moves in ASAP.

EDIT: I forgot the Ottoman Empire. he gave me moves this afternoon, too. And I just got an email from Russia. So that leaves Italy, Germany, and Austria
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 03:53:29 am by oBlade » Logged
Tin

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2005, 04:20:29 am »

w00t, I managed sending you my moves - amazing.

Regarding to the rules,  when do we have to send the retreating/disbanding orders and my rule guide tells nothin' about a winter phase so i suppose that you just divided the fall phase in  fall and winter ?

-Tin
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2005, 05:50:06 am »

oBlade, we do need to become more strict on submissions, a deadline is a deadline.[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ein

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »

I don't know what happened today, but the only people to submit moves today are Dark and me (of course). So everyone else needs to get their moves in ASAP.

EDIT: I forgot the Ottoman Empire. he gave me moves this afternoon, too. And I just got an email from Russia. So that leaves Italy, Germany, and Austria

Just to inform, some of us do work daytime jobs. I got home from work to see that post about people not moving. It was only 6pm my time. I had all of Monday and I did in fact get my moves in. Hoping that others did the same...

Ein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads