*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:49:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN Diplomacy Game ?  (Read 24259 times)
jerkasaur

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 04:50:32 am »

If there is another spot open, I'm definately down to play.
Ein

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2005, 06:02:17 am »

Good... Jerk makes 7 and a full game. All have posted their preferences for countries except for Jerk so it on him now and then we can get this started. Right?

Ein
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 05:37:31 pm »

Yay we can play at last  clapping hands
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 08:45:08 pm »

Sorry, but in case you didn't notice, I can't start up until mid desember. So if you want to start now, you need a new 7th player.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
jerkasaur

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 08:53:20 pm »

Austria
Ottoman Empire
Germany
Britain
France
Italy
Russia
Tin

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 10:17:40 pm »

Sorry, but in case you didn't notice, I can't start up until mid desember. So if you want to start now, you need a new 7th player.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR ……………………… Shot
oBlade

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2005, 10:44:12 pm »

Thanks for signing up, jerkasaur.

Alright, it shouldn't be too hard for someone else to sign up Smiley

I'll go ahead and set up the site to host the map image this weekend. the link will appear in this forum, which we will use for move submission and etc. Everyone else, if you haven't already, familiarize yourself with the rules.

Oh, and I suggest move submission happens every two days, except weekends. So, you would be submitting moves every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I think that works out well 'cause there are 3 turns in a year, so every week would be a year in-game.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 01:02:47 pm »

There is no need for you to wait for me if you wish to start now. The game is fully playable, and just as enjoyable with 6 players(only). I've played the game with 5 players and had a great time. I'll join you for the next round should there be one.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
oBlade

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2005, 02:05:01 am »

THE GAME IS STARTING.

Brutha has a point. While it would be nice to have all 7 nations, it is fine to play with 6 nations. So, what happens with only 6 nations is the Ottoman Empire is wiped from the map. No one can enter the Ottoman Empire now. It's "neutral" like Ireland and Switzerland and Iceland and Siberia.

I also finished up nation selections. I'll take a minute to explain it, in case there are any protests as to my method.

First, I went through all your lists and deleted the Ottoman Empire (not present in the game). Then, I checked if there were any contested nations in the first-choice-slots. This way, Blade, Ein, and Jerkasaur already had their nations. But Dark, Phara, and Tin had contested Britain. So I flipped a coin a few times. First I flipped between Dark and Phara. Dark won. I gave him a point. Then I flipped between Phara and Tin. Phara won-I gave him a point. Then I flipped between Dark and Phara again. Dark won. Dark got Britain. Then, going down to the most preferable nation that wasn't already taken (or the Ottoman Empire), Phara got Italy and Tin Germany.

So, to list:

Blade-France
Ein-Russia
Dark-Britain
Phara-Italy
Tin-Germany
Jerkasaur-Austria

As a rules note: For our game, if you move a unit out of a province, you can move another unit to that province in the same turn. BUT units cannot switch provinces. However, this only works for units controlled by you. For instance, if your ALLY moved out of a province, and you wanted to move into the province in the same turn, you couldn't. Such a move order would be considered an attack. So don't do that.

You ask me, how is move submission going to work? You will email your moves to me. Yes, you heard me correctly. my email is pcottrell@mad.scientist.com
If you PM me here at *DAMN, I won't ever find your moves. So here is what I ask. Title every email you send to that address with your confidential moves "DIPLOMACY MOVES" so I know not to open it. I can't prove to you that I'm not cheating, but I will swear not to read your moves until a.) mine are finalized and I submitted them to myself and b.) I have received everyone's. If you submit illegal moves, I won't move the units in question.

Everyone review http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/diplomacy_rules.htm and learn how to notate your moves (and the rules of the game). Remember that if a fleet is on a coastal province, you usually need to specify which coast. There WILL BE A BOARD involved in this game. I will upload a map to www.geocities.com/ublade81/ and update it every time moves are finalized. I will also post ALL finalized moves in chronological order on that site. That means this thread will be mostly just chat.

So, if I've forgotten anything, tell me. If you have any questions, either email me at pcottrell@mad.scientist.com or send me an IM screenname=eeediotpaul
Also contact me if you seek an alliance with the French Empire. To all of you, I think it would be wise to post some external contact information here, so people can reach you and hold diplomatic talks. Smiley

The first moves (Fall 1901) will be due by next Monday. Spring 1901 is simply the starting map. Good luck to you all!

EDIT: one more thing. With the elimination of the Ottoman Empire, we also cannot enter Bulgaria. It too is neutral. And we can move fleets directly from the Black Sea to the Aegean Sea.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 02:15:31 am by oBlade » Logged
Ein

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2005, 07:21:57 pm »

Just in case someone needs to reach me for diplomatic reasons, you can either contact me by email (ein411@hotmail.com) or you can always pm me on GR at "ghra Ein." I'm on GR almost every day for at least an hour, maybe more if I am off work and being a slug (which will happen more with the season starting up this weekend as well)

Oh and just to remind you all, Russia makes a good ally. we get more units. Viva la Russia.

Ein
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2005, 06:10:51 pm »

Im open to negotiations, my email is moddark@gmail.com[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 09:40:12 am »

Open to negotiations  Smiley

my email is ghra.phara@hotmail.com
jerkasaur

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2005, 12:42:35 pm »

I as well, kenyonf@gmail.com
jerkasaur

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2005, 12:44:14 pm »

Oh, and I assume we are using the most recent set of rules. Is that correct?
Tin

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2005, 02:40:52 pm »

Hmm … max_gertoberens@web.de
oBlade

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2005, 12:34:21 am »

Jerkasaur, essentially all the rules are the same, just published in more or less detail. We are not, however, playing to control only 18 provinces. We're playing to the death - or until everyone stops playing and wants a new round.

I guess what I mean to say is look at the oldest rule packets on that page. If you have a rules question, consult the next least recent manual, and so on. Or just ask me. I haven't bothered looking over ALL the manuals, but I can't see how the rules of this simple a game can change too much...
oBlade

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 11:29:49 pm »

Ok, there are 3 emails in my inbox that contain move submissions. And that's good, because moves were due today, but...

Germany and Italy still need to submit theirs. Hurry up.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2005, 01:35:42 am »

if they dont submit then they dont get to move... their loss.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
oBlade

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2005, 07:31:36 pm »

Well, no, I won't be that strict so early in the game. Plus we don't have a regular time for move submissions...

How does every Monday and Friday sound? every monday is very slow... If no one has any objections, that will be the regular move submission rate. And I won't accept any more late moves.

And if it's OK with you all, can we add an Ottoman Empire really quick? There's a guy I know in real life who wants to play, and I haven't made the first map yet.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2005, 10:32:35 pm »

M-W-F please (monday wednesday friday) that will make the game go by a bit quicker, and if you cant spare 10 minutes to look over the board and decide your move, well , too bad.  I think if they dont submit by wednesday though oBlade update the board...
[/size]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads