*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:43:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cross-Platform Gameranger
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cross-Platform Gameranger  (Read 31351 times)
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2004, 05:12:11 pm »

hey...ill try to upload version 0.3 tomorrow

LOL... good for you... keep going strong dood.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2004, 05:59:56 pm »

Humbug, scott should have the lockouts up by now.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2004, 09:56:47 pm »

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2004, 02:20:07 am »

Version 0.3 released.

You can find it here: http://gameranger.sourceforge.net/ or here: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gameranger/

---------------------------------------------
Gameranger Client
Change Log
---------------------------------------------

Version 0.3 -

New features:
Join game rooms
Game room chat
Change nickname
Change real name

Verison 0.2 -

Fixed:
Error with list control indexes.
Crashing when pressing enter in main chat.
Fixed message of the day on linux.

New Features:
Public Lobby Chat
Private Messages
User icons
Sorted game room list by game name
Sorted user list alphabetically

Version 0.1 -

Initial Release.

Completed features:

Registration
Login
Game Room List
User List
Public Lobby List
Message of the Day
User status(Idle/Active)
Public lobby chat
Users leaving and joining rooms
Changing lobbies

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2004, 03:17:42 am »

This all raises the question, does scott really want to, or plan to, block the PC client?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2004, 03:25:44 am »

i heard he's in Sydney these days... what could he be doing there? national court? Grin

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2004, 03:26:46 am »

Humbug, scott should have the lockouts up by now.

what lockouts?  of what?   what's that mean?
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2004, 04:20:13 am »

Sign, he has the ability to lock out PC GR in a way that will be next to impossible for him to get around, some programmer person explained it to me so don't ask me to explain it to you. He can lock it out, but why hasn't he?

John Lennon
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2004, 04:45:19 am »

maybe if he locks it out he cant sue??

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
bronto
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2004, 06:21:15 am »

I'M BACK!

but i still have the crash every 10 min problem. and it also says it can't load some .bin file in the beginning.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 06:33:35 am by *NADS bronto » Logged
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2004, 08:09:46 am »

Downloading as of now, from the Sydney, Australia mirror. Oh sweet irony.

I had a .bin load problem too, and I'm guessing it's something to do with special charachers in the profile file name:

can't open file 'proifiles/*NADS Capt. Anarchy.bin' (error 123: the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.)

downloaded and installed. but i just so happened to aqquirea 30 minute ban. snap.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2004, 01:22:57 pm »

Let's say he is in Sydney, either with the national court (Tongue)
And he haven't locked it out yet, because he doesn't have the ability to do that from Sydney, he need to sit in Perth!

bronto
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2004, 07:49:17 pm »

Downloading as of now, from the Sydney, Australia mirror. Oh sweet irony.

I had a .bin load problem too, and I'm guessing it's something to do with special charachers in the profile file name:

can't open file 'proifiles/*NADS Capt. Anarchy.bin' (error 123: the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.)

downloaded and installed. but i just so happened to aqquirea 30 minute ban. snap.

did you get a ban for putting in PC characters in the chat? i press control backspace and enter that in the chat and i get 30 min ban. does yours crash every 10 mins or so?
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2004, 09:24:52 pm »

When you install, remember to drag all your old profiles into the new profiles folder. You can always just do New Profile when you login, and just enter your email and pass too.

Bronto, the crashing problem you have is probably due to using windows ME, it's the worst out of all the shitty windows versions.

Upgrade, fool.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2004, 10:13:07 pm »

With Xoc doing all this this fast, maybe Evill is just working on an official PC GR. Doesn't seem like it would take to long at the rate Xo is going.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2004, 05:26:20 am »

Hi again everyone. I started working on a new addition to the gameranger project yesterday. I figured it would be nice to be able to view a list of all the games on gameranger via a web page. This could be a very userful tool for clans. So what i did was designed a small program that connects to gr and basically just monitors the games. It updates all the game room information into a MySQL database of your choice. Then you can choose to display this information however you want. This could be really helpful for game room monitoring. Right now i haven't released the source code, i still need to add the finishing touches to the initial version. You will be able to find it under sourceforge when i release it, with the name 'gameranger-mysql'. I put together a simple web page frontend, using php. Of course you can display the game info however you deem necessary if you use the program with your own mysql db.

Here is a demo: http://fraghosts.net/gr/games.php

You can sort the columns ascending or descending by clicking on the columns. All the game room information is real time. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to contact me.

xoclipse

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2004, 09:31:17 am »

nj

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2004, 11:56:33 am »

lol........................................................................

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2004, 05:49:35 pm »

Sar, stfu. You are probably the only Mac user that is saying w00t and nj and support a PC GR.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2004, 12:12:35 am »

Sar, stfu. You are probably the only Mac user that is saying w00t and nj and support a PC GR.
Funny to hear this from soemone that always requests the lock of threads because of flames..

Anyways...I knew hillbillies wernt educated, but not as much as this, lesson # 1-counting

LOL... good for you... keep going strong dood.

Huzzah for the Xo.

Keep it coming...

My clan and another from GR have recently participated in a cross platform tourny with PC users in Ghr. These people were very cool guys, very helpfull and friendly.

I myself wont not object to have afew PC users over to play Ghr. Infact I think it would help the Ghr community. I think it would offer more challenges and I'm sure many mods and tournys would be available for Mac.

My point is: as long as we don't support PC only games like cs Lips Sealed and maybe had a some mac only chat rooms it wouldn't be soo bad.

But as Ghr is the only game I play on ghr I'm not sure how it would affect the reest of the GR community.

Couldnt help myself....i had to post. Just wanna say great job Xo. Maybe now we will see an increase in the skill level of people on GR and i wont always have to go to PC servers to find skilled players to play with. Maybe now we will have some skilled games....not enough talent on GR anyways. Although its illegal I hope it brings more to Gameranger.

that makes 5 in total, wait err....5 is more than 1...right?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads