*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:14:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weapons Mod Tutorial?  (Read 1327 times)
Julia
« on: September 24, 2002, 06:46:54 pm »

I've been trying to find a good tutorial on how to create a weapons mod for Rogue Spear on my Mac.

Might someone know where I could find such a thing?

Feel free to post here or write my email.

J
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 06:21:39 am »

ummm Here The mac Rs and r6 are almost the same I think... but  go to herehttp://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/tet/fullnews.cgi?newsid997735893,25267,

Anyway I got two questions 1 for mauti: how do you port mods?
and the next is for anyone, does anyone know where to get 3d studio max cheap... Its to expensive(mainly for people with pcs but anyone that knows)  Sad  Sad  Angry

Casper - Out.

oops Wrong copy paste.... changed it...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 01:41:44 am by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
jtsoldier

Welcome to my world!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 01:32:23 am »

This is NOT mine.. I found it on the internet somewhere and can't give that person the credit because I forget their name.

Using Simpletext, open the pw_UMP45.wpn file. It should look a little like this:

(01) ST_EQP_UMP45
(02) "ump45_inv.bmp"
(03) "act_inv_assault.bmp"
(04) 25
(05) 580
(06) 1 1 1 1
(07) "C_sbumps.wav" "C_SBUMP3.wav" "C_sbumpb.wav" "C_sbumpr.wav" "C_SBMAG1.wav" "C_SBMSHL.WAV"
(08) "subgun"
(09) "subgun"
(10) "subgun"
(11) "rsw_HKump45.qob"
(12) 0.00 -44.00 8.00
(13) "0.45(FMJ)"
(14) 1.02
(15) 1.54
(16) 5.19
(17) 7.80
(18) 14.05
(19) 0.70
(20) 1.55
(21) 1.03
(22) 0.30
(23) 1
(24) 2.5
(25) 0
(26) 19
(27) "original cross"

Welcome back to the world of the grossly bored, those who read these forums.
jtsoldier

Welcome to my world!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 01:33:33 am »

(01) ST_EQP_UMP45, is a reference name that is used for identification purposes. The r6_string_table.txt file uses it to match up the *.wpn file and the game name. If there is any discrepancy between the names, it will show up as ST_EQP_UMP45 in the game instead of UMP 45 and the weapon might not even work. To bypass this potential problem, will rename this line "UMP 40".

(02) This line references the image you will see on you screen, when you have the weapon selected during the action phase. You can use any image file that is resized to 144x62 pixels for this.

(03) This indicates which image will occupy the appropriate kit slot.

(04) The weapon's ammo capacity. For the UMP 40, we will change this number to 30.

(05) The cyclic rate of fire for the weapon. This number indicates the number of rounds this weapon would fire in one minute, if it had an uninterrupted supply of ammo. In this case, we will increase the RoF to 700 rpm.

(06) This is the equivalent to a weapon's selector switch. The positions are as follows, safe; single shot; three round burst; full automatic. A zero means disabled and a one means active. For the UMP 40, All modes are available.

(07) The next few lines refer to which sound file is used when a particular action occurs. The reference lines are single shot; three round burst; full auto; ending shot; magazine change; shell clink. If you have a particular sound clip you wish to use, this where the name of the *.wav file would be entered.

(08) This indicates how the character model will hold a weapon while firing or moving.

(09) This is the loading motion while reloading.

(10) This how a weapon is carried while standing.

(11) This line refers to the model that is used in the game. If there is a particular model you wish to use, then the model and it's accompanying texture(s) would occupy the appropriate folders in your mod.

(12) This is the X, Y, Z co-ordinates of the weapon's muzzle. This is where the muzzle flash begins and the co-ordinates vary from model to model. If you're not sure about these co-ordinates, ask the model maker or refer to the appropriate *.wpn file that used the model.

(13) This is the ammunition name that appears in the GFCM file. If you're not sure of the name, open the appropriate *.amo file using notepad and copy & paste the Ammo type name to this line. The name here MUST match the Ammo type name, otherwise, you will be firing blanks.

(14) This is the weapon's shooting accuracy while standing. The closer to 0.00, the more accurate it is.

(15) The shooting accuracy while side-shuffling.

(16) The shooting accuracy while walking.

(17) The walk-fast shooting accuracy. This is now used while doing a fast side-shuffle.

(18) The shooting accuracy while running.

(19) This is your shooting accuracy while crouched.

(20) This is the recoil accuracy change number. It is cumulative and determines how fast your reticule opens up while shooting or moving. Since a .40 Caliber round has a lighter powder load, we will reduce this number slightly.

(21) This number is for your reticule recovery. This determines speed your reticule recovers from a bloom.

(22) This is the size and visiblity of the muzzle flash.

(23) This line determines whether or not your weapon has a zoom factor. It can be 0, 1, or 2.

(24) Your zoom factor line. By what I can tell, a zoom factor is roughly equal to a x0.50 magnification factor. For most weapons a zoom factor of 2 to 5 is used to simulate the eyes focusing in on a target. It is recommended that a zoom 2 or 3 be used for SMG's, and LMG's. 3 - 5 for assault rifles. 6 + for sniper rifles and zero for pistols.

(25) This number will indicate whether or not your weapon is silenced. A 1 is silenced and a 0 is unsilenced. The UMP 40 we are making will be unsilenced, so a 0 goes here.

(26) The encumberance of the weapon. The number indicates not only the weapon's weight, but also the bulkiness. This number also influences the recoil by reducing its effects. The higher the number, the more recoil it absorbs. Since this weapon has more ammunition, we will increase this number slightly to reflect the added weight.

(27) This is the name of the reticule, as referenced in the reticule.txt file.

jt

PS - Casper, that link requires authorization or something

Welcome back to the world of the grossly bored, those who read these forums.
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 01:57:53 am »

Sorry, this is off topic. But I have to other way of contacting Julia.

Juila, you are the julia who used to host those awesome co-op games a few months back right? I've been attempting to contact you. Please contact me from one of the methods available in my profile.

thanks!

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads