*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:35:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you think of war zone?  (Read 6731 times)
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2003, 01:00:10 am »

Ok, I emailed majorplaying who wrote the WZ mod an asked how easy it would be to move the WZ on certain maps where there is an obvoius advantage due to spawn points.

Can ppl post what maps should have the WZ moved and where they think it should be moved to.

I havent had an answer from him yet i only mailed him 5 mins ago but if he checks this thread (i linked him 2 it) perhaps some suggestions will be up.

Mb im a little premature posting this lready but, hey prematures good right? specially regarding eja......su coke....ok......nm

cokeleberry finn and fiends
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2003, 01:45:35 am »

Hey for the banning sensors thing... i found that sensors help pick out the camping teams...

how will sensors help find people who are camping...if their camping, they will not show up on sensors...

P.S. there is a thread open for this topic.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Ssickboy

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2003, 06:51:36 am »

- lol Fahq
- nJ coke

we discovered awhile back that Majorplayer didn't care to change the bugs in his mod.  But maybe after he sees all the commotion over it, he might re-consider.

Retire Bush
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2003, 05:59:54 pm »

Short answer Doc. When they are camping in a place, like around a corner.. We light them up and I give them a nice little explosive package.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2003, 08:52:32 pm »

OK, first off besides the obvious fact I'm not the most....uhh.....enthusiastic GhR player of all you, when reading over all these weird-ass worded polls I saw there's 4 simple options...

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2003, 12:45:49 am »

whats this....the 3rd poll made about warzone

Yes the orginal may not have had the best choice as what comes to options, but it gets the job done. So i really dont see the point in this one  Huh

Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2003, 09:27:35 am »

A better alternative:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4707

Please read this thread. Dont be scared of all the words, this is a good idea.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2003, 09:27:35 pm »

I've started ANOTHER(!!!) new topic.check it out
coke
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2003, 09:32:25 pm »

I emailed majorplaying and got this reply........

Personally i dont mind what you do with Warzone or any of my other mods. The only thing that would bother me is if you changed them and called them yours. Ive been told that you cant use igor on a mac so moving the warzone would be impossible to do. It is quite easy to move the warzone however you would have to create a custom map and move the central area. The whole process would take maybe 3 minutes. If you gave me more input as to which maps and where you want the warzone i could easily make a few custom maps for you guys. Thanks for the compliments on my mods and playing them.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? MP

I think where he says u cant move the wz, he means u cant move the spawn points, but if ppl can think of better places for the wz to be then lets hear em and ill mail him back. I'll watch this topic, so lemme know kids.....

Coke
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2003, 10:40:50 pm »

I vote we move the warzone to the grabage!

This is a personal oppinion, and does not reflect my fellow bts guys.

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2003, 11:13:01 pm »

Well Coke.  To be honest it is not needed to use IGOR to change the warzone central area.  Although it is known that a new file for each map would need to be made to change the center spot for each map.  The simple fact is that Warzone is a one page script to run into the missions folder of the game.  Most people know that.  Problem is that if you chanbge the center spot then again, you have to change each map accordingly, ot at least the ones that have the bad spawn spot for the center smoke.  In that case it would make the file from being a simple 1 page script to a multi-meg file, and people just dont want to go to that much trouble to install a mod for cbing.  It will turn a 25kb file into a 7.5 meg file or so.  In either event it's not worth it just to add new center spots.  Just eliminate the maps that have the bad spots.

As for moving the spawn points, anything can be changed.  I have done it for the CTf mod and that includes moving SAR positions and eliminating center spots all together.  So to say that it cant be done isnt correct.  In either event, again, you do not need IGOR to change these as Mr. Lothario knows now and so do others.  but by changing the center spot will definitely create more stuff to change and we should probably go with what is there for us now.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Saberian 3000

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2003, 11:20:24 pm »

No offense Mysterio but you shouldnt be even talking about Ghost recon.  You were against Ghost recon from day one and now it seems that since no one is really mentioning Rogue Spear you decide  to open you're mouth and make it sound like you give a shit about this community, which in turn you clan whore, you dont.  So plz, STFU and dont say anything until you play a full season of Ghost recon, cause you're poll and word on this subject is completely worthless Mysterio.

+MOD+Saberian

Saberian 3000

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2003, 12:03:55 am »

Well Fusion, as for Aramarth's idea, unless he can keep the  mod small like warzone is I dont think a bigger mod should be introduced into cb style gamplay, because the more chagneable script that is there, the more hacking and more cheating that can be accomplished by other players.  In either event, the bigger the mod, the more someone can modify it.  So let's just keep it simple if we are to introduce a new mod to the gameplay.  But then again, if Aramarth can make a mod with one page of script like Warzone then what the hell, i would give it a shot.  
     It seems that everyone has differing opinions on how a cb should be played.  To be honest I think we should just deal with the way we play cb's as it is.  it seems that there will always be someone that bitches about one thing or another.  That cannot be helped, and it seems that going with the masses in this area is mute because it seems that too many people have differing or opposing ideas, so in either event there is no choice of the masses.  I think one thing that everyone can agree on is less bitching should be  used in gameplay and on the forums about cb's.  It seems that the losing clan is always the one that bitches during a cb season, and the main reason they bitch is beacuse they lost cause they were out played in one way or another.  Warzone is the only way I have seen so far that creates the least amount of problems when it comes to having a cb Style introduced into DAMN BL.  Although I must admit that keeping the cb ladder the way it is wouldnt hurt me too much.  The only real issue I have is about the points system.  
     It seems that warzone, because it uses the center spot that is supplied by the original map creates a few issues with availability to get to smoke from certain areas of the map.  Well, like Coke has said in another post, The warzone can be changed, but again, that involves making a new map.mis file for each map that needs to be modded.  
     Hmm, this actually brings up a good point.  Who is to say that we cannot get a mod that changes all the smoke spots to more correct locations for all ghost recon Players.  In reality, all we would need to do is replace the original files with the modded ones with the only thing changed is the center spot.  That would completely fix the Warzone problem, and at the same time all other games would be able to be played with success.  Anyway, if you guys want me to work on that let me know.  Cause that would actgually eliminate the problem of making it a whole mod to add the files to the Wazone mod and it would just be a seperate addon for cbing.  Maybe even get Aspyr to agree to using it as a update for Ghost recon for the Mac

+MOD+Saberian

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2003, 02:35:18 am »

No offense Mysterio but you shouldnt be even talking about Ghost recon.  You were against Ghost recon from day one and now it seems that since no one is really mentioning Rogue Spear you decide  to open you're mouth and make it sound like you give a shit about this community, which in turn you clan whore, you dont.  So plz, STFU and dont say anything until you play a full season of Ghost recon, cause you're poll and word on this subject is completely worthless Mysterio.

+MOD+Saberian

Sab, with all due respect, I jsut came here and saw a arguemnt and thought I would help out. It isn't the ppl that play GhR I dislike, it's the gameplay that doesn't suit me. This arguement needs not a season of experience to talk about, some people want it some don't.  My poll was logical where others failed.

I personally don't see where this hate comes from. Last time I checked we didn't have any real "bad blood". And my stance on GhR has been neutral, I don't think a game sucks because it doesnt suit me. Its superior graphics wise, no doubt, and for some it does have better gameplay. And in most ways has a more realistic feel.

And I do give a shit about the *DAMN community, be it GhR or RS, they have carried all the weight of a community. Don't make me sound worse than I am...yes I am a clan whore...and proud of it... but is there a need to start flaming.

Perhapes Sab, you need to think before you open your mouth, you acomplished nothign in that post other than a pittiful atempt to start a flame war. I was merely helping a arguement otu of a dealock. If you disagree simple say so, no need to turn into The Grinch.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2003, 04:03:56 am »

Sab, I'll do my best to show you more respect than you showed for Myst.

What don't you shut the fuck up and take a look at past issues - some of the best ideas come from people who aren't really involved. People like Myst who don't play Ghost Recon can present new ideas, and someone find a simple solution for problems that religious players can't solve.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2003, 07:26:56 pm »

I didnt start this post to have ppl flame eachothe and piss each other off, I just wanted to know what ppl thought about moving the wz for IF the mod will be used. Thanks Eight for your succinct opinion thats the kind of length replies i was hoping for.

SAB, ty 4 offering to "mod" the mod (no pun intended) but the guy who wrote it has offered to so mb he should do it...

I still havent had any opinions on where the wz should be moved to if at all.

Yours Still waiting hoping to not be flamed

C o k l e b e r r y Finn
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2003, 09:33:46 am »

Flames Coke....... Grin

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2003, 12:13:09 pm »

Yes lets keep this tread flame free plz.. its a good dicussion!!!!!

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2003, 06:31:28 am »

WoW...moving all the WZ threads in to one made it all pretty confusing, I dont know whats a reply to what...

Anyway, WZ is a incomplete mod. When some one gets the base the text says that blue team got it, the smoke is yellow and....arrgh..well i never know who has the base.

And the game dosent allways end when the all the enemys are eliminated (what if you killed the opposing team, thought games was over and started shooting around on own team cause you were so happy Grin ....could happen)

LMS is the queen game mode, the one and only, the true cb mode
dont change it mauti Smiley

Flames Fusion Grin

core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2003, 11:47:58 pm »

So I wont email majorplaying then.......
mind itd be quite fun to have a diffeerntly place WZ just 4 normal games wouldnt it? im gonna email him anyway. FU lot
=p
coke
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads