*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:43:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you think of war zone?  (Read 6732 times)
Ssickboy

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 06:10:22 am »

THIS IS FREE, from c| to you

the best strategy to win an LMS cb is this:

set-up a sensor perameter not too far from your original spawn point.  The more sensor coverage the better (you will need this when yur chump ass opponent realizes they have to come after you in order to have any chance of winning, and your team will be well protected behind sensors)  

Are your sensors placed?  Great!  Now you're only half way to victory.  Now with a couple preplanned sniping positions around this perameter all you have to do is wait for your sucker opponents to take a peak around that corner.  Be ready cause you only need ONE kill.  Hey Look!  there he is....  Go ahead champ.  Shoot em.  POW!  Great Shot.  Now run for cover!

Woohoo!!  you did it!  they only have three guys left against your four and now THEY have to come after you or else they lose.  Its a good thing you have a lot of protected coverage here around yur spawn point.   All you have to do is knock them off one by one as they come over that hill.  

"But what if they have a coordinated multi-pronged assualt?" you ask.

Dont be silly.  No one is that organized.  Hey your sensors have picked up all three enemies, and here comes one now.  BAM!   two down.

Here comes another...  OMG holy shit!  FRAG coming yur way!  BAboom! k... so yur dead no worries.  you're still ahead by one guy.  (next time remember to change yur camping position after each of your kills).  

But we're still in good shape because they don't have a clue where your other three teammates are.  And now they seemed to have stalled not sure what to do.  Too bad cause times about to run out.  

10 secs. left and they do a kamikazi.  No problem though.  Boom bang they're gone.  You win. GJ.  It took ten minutes, but heck, a win is a win.  

"So now what if the other team catches on and does the same exact sensor camp tactic?" you ask.

Well then I advise you get comfy cause it's going to be a LONG night.

You want to know how to win the whole LMS Battle League?  it's simple...

don't lose catch my drift?

s-s-i-c-k b-o-y

« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 08:50:45 am by c| SsicKBoY » Logged

Retire Bush
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 06:11:37 am »

Wow, so if I state my opinion about the mod, i get called a closed minded person with no capabilities for creating team strategies. Hum, well all I can say is this is a mod and I dont think it should replace LMS cb's. Did I say I wouldn't play it and dominate at it? No I did not, I just gave the reasons I dont want to see it replace LMS. I think it would be a great 2nd Ladder, but remember it is a mod that has some glitches. As far as the tactics are concerned, maybe you should work up some tactics for dealing with campers, BTs did and they worked last season. I dont care how you play the game, I may get mad cause you camped me out, but I will find a way around the problem. So I would ask the people that want to see warzone replace LMS, please take a step back and look carefully at other peoples opinions, dont forget, you want them to look at yours. I for one have been playing warzone, with great success mind you, and that is were I have drawn my conclusion. If warzone becomes the standard, then BTs will dominate  Grin no question about it.  

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Ssickboy

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 06:29:22 am »

Fus I dont think yur close minded.  

Apologies for the close minded remark.  But I believe there is a heavy weight of opinions that are not very well tested or thought out.

this has been since the first post.  

Retire Bush
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 08:11:17 am »

Well lets see it then fusion/BTs. All i read out of you guys is that you love last man camping and hate WZ.  And you always seem to get those bad spawns.  eight tryed to show us that spwn 4 on stronghold owns, and what did we show you, same storey for the bank spawn on EMB.  You guys bitched last season about the camping "this clan camps, that clan camps" you have to know that lms lets a clan camp and win (after that first kill).  I just think you guys shouldnt be to scared of something new, and maybe a lil more fun/faster...

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Ssickboy

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 08:43:20 am »

Try these...

The faults I see in WZ:

#1. The games tend to move at a faster pace.  I have mixed feelings about this.  In one sense it's great, you have to really be thinking and moving quick.  This is a great test of skill.  But then again I did like how LMS has a longer build up of tension that leads to greater excitement or even disappointment in the end. In LMS each bullet is precious, every corner is a ledge, every step is carefully taken.  Fear creeps in.  In WZ things can sometimes move so fast it's hard to keep track of all the thoughts going through my head.  Sometimes its a massacre, clashing the center, 3 mins to find a solution, a way in, a clear shot, something.  (actually, 3 mins. is a lot of time considering you have a good idea of where the enemy is.)

#2. Depending upon the strategy you choose to take as a team, you might see less gun battles happening at the edges of the maps.  In WZ most gun battles happen near the center of the map.  In one sense I think that it's great.  But I do like some of those unique match ups that take place in those rarely visited corners or alleys.  it's sometimes like maps within maps.   Actually, now that I think about it again.  It was usually within Siege games that this ever occured, not LMS.      

#3. Some disadvantaged spawns.  Whats the disadvantage? Harder to get to the WZ?  It is slightly further away for some.  There are ways around this though.  This is where organized strategies come into play.  (Thats all I can say without giving away tactics.)  These spawn points are still at a disadvantage in LMS, unless your plan to camp it.  And If it's still a problem we should try to re-position the WZ base.

#4.  I think the random insert bug, like Flies had mentioned, is potentionally a big problem.  I haven't noticed this yet and would like to look into it more. Correct colors would be nice, and maybe a timer too.      

But overall, I still think the advantages to WZ (as explained in numerous posts) still outweigh LMS.

Retire Bush
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2003, 11:54:05 am »

I would like to play the Warzone mod, if fixed, on the BattleLeague.

But whatever gamestyle next season will be (LMS or WZ), I think we should ban sensors.
WHAT!? BAN SENSORS? ARE YOU NUTS!?
Nope, it's the only way to really get rid of the camping.

You can't camp without sensors, or as BTs Eight would say: You can't play chess without sensors.
If you try to camp without them, you get flanked or shot before you spot them.

Banning sensors will help LMS definately, but it also works for Warzone.
People against WZ say: the team who spawns closest to the base will go there, camp and win.
I will say: try camping at the base in the middle of a map surrounded by the other team without sensors! No chance at all.

Banning sensors will attract more people to play Warzone and hey, even LMS can be fun again!

Greetings,
Dutchman / ViRuS
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 12:36:39 pm by Dutchman / ViRuS » Logged

One day I fly away
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2003, 02:39:35 pm »

For some reason, the idea of banning sensors doesnt sound half as bad.  If im not mistaken, there was a PC ladder that had a ban on sensors.  Players on the ladder stated that it was more tatically inclined with less problems camping.  

Maybe the easy way out of changing an entire gametype is to take the "baby steps" necessary to reach a BL with less complaining.
 Grin
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 02:40:07 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Rampage

I did that?? eew!

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2003, 09:21:59 pm »

Although being a sensor lover, i would not be against banning them. it would probably add sharpness and precision to the LMS game.
 i never saw any reason to add speed to the ghr game, but i clearly see the point of camping. but as many people have discussed - Clans will find a way to camp anyway, LMS or it be WZ.

if it helps against camping - banning sensors is just fine by me

[one]Rampage

Live every day as if it is your last
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2003, 09:58:26 pm »

Wow doc.. I see your trying to make friends. Ssick, no harm done, I just want it to be known that some people that disagree with warzone have looked at the mod and played it and some (inluding me) has played it very successfully. Dutch... I have won the warzone games several times by getting to the zone first and camping it out, so you cant tell me that doesnt work. I have proven it several times that it does.

As for sensors, I remember when people didnt play with sensors, All I used is grenades. I have found sensors to be very helpful for me now when I use my grenades. I like sensors, but would I cry if they are banned, no I wouldnt. I think you guys are missing some of the issues.

Some people are sooo bend on using the "warzone mod" they dont really care what others say. I will give you some advice, if you want me to see "your" opinion to be valid then you should be nice about it and give some nice invites to pleasant conversation. If you are not going to treat people with respect then  why should they listen to you?

Mauti, I would like to see what your thoughts are on this issue. I know your role is for the Betterment of the *DAMN Battle League, as it should be. I am looking forward to some good ole battles with you this season. Please give us your ideas on this issue.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2003, 10:29:42 pm »

Dutch... I have won the warzone games several times by getting to the zone first and camping it out, so you cant tell me that doesnt work. I have proven it several times that it does.

I know you are good at camping Fusion Wink
My point is that camping WITH sensors is much easier, and more likely to happen, than camping without sensors.

Ban sensors (LMS and WZ) and camping won't be that productive as it is now.

One day I fly away
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2003, 10:44:09 pm »

I know you are good at camping Fusion Wink

Ouch... Thanks sexy...  Grin

I understand your point and if you read my post, you will see that im not opposed to no sensors, a 1v1 league I know about does not allow sensors. I have no problem with the lack of sensors. I am just saying if used, not abused, they are good to have. But you know how that goes. Besides if there are no sensors, I will be forced to use a sniper and shoot you at long ranges.  Roll Eyes

But even if you didnt "sensor camp" the warzone.. U would still be forced to camp it to keep control of it. And sometimes it is hard to get back out of a   warzone if you are the first to get there... You just have to get to a good little nook and camp it out and pick off people as they try to get the the warzone.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2003, 11:09:48 pm »

I recall mentioning the banning of sensors in a thread about this topic quite some time ago... I thought it would be rejected more vigorously than anything else, so I didn't press the issue.  Looks like I underestimate how reasonable some of you are.  Sorry for that.

In any case, I would be for no sensors.  I haven't ever really used them anyway.  I would however appreciate if most of you would read my thread, even if you do not post.  I tried to cover all bases, and if you give it some quiet thought without the immediate negative reaction that lesser humans respond with, I think you might agree.  Keep up the discussion guys, its the only way we get anywhere.

My thread is located here: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4707

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2003, 01:05:13 am »

We played many seasons with the old rules, not many people had complaints, so my opinion is to keep the ladder the way it is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 01:08:12 am by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2003, 01:11:40 am »

agreed, but i do think that no sensors would stop camping, but damn, no more sensors in training, that was the best when you had claymores or nades.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Ssickboy

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2003, 02:55:31 am »

Ok... I'll be nice now.  But hell, some of you guys with your wild+wrong opinions were really pissing me off.  Take sar's latest for instance (sorry sar)

"We played many seasons with the old rules, not many people had complaints, so my opinion is to keep the ladder the way it is."

Are you kidding?  we only stopped complaining when we realized it wasn't getting anywhere.  And this push for change is one big complaint itself.  

Fusion you could do about anything you want and still win. Snipe, nade, frag, AND camp.  But you understand (i know you do) that camping a base in the center of the map is much harder than camping an edge of a map.  Plus I think you miss understand the purpose.  Even though its called WZ, it's still 9 times out of 10 about eliminating your opponent.  So it's your choice, try yur hand at camping the center (not easy) or spread the map tactically finishing off your foe.  It's makes for a lot more interesting game than Hide and go seek.    

Anyway... I give up.  No more posts on WZ for me.  Either you guys get it or you don't.                                                                

Retire Bush
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2003, 04:00:08 am »

I understand where you are coming from Ssick, you are right that it would totally change tactics. There have been several occasions where I was the last guy left and I had to go from one side of a map to other and back again to eliminate the other 2 or 3 guys. You know, attack withdraw relocate attack withdraw, etc. This for the most part would be eliminated with warzone. There would be no time to do that. So "one" of the reasons I do not want to go to warzone is it eliminates a lot of gaming style thats effective, and im not talking about camping. Dont get me wrong guys, I will do whatever Mauti wants, but I am just merely giving my reasons to stick with LMS for main competition.

I do hope that someone steps up and fixes/rewrites the warzone mod. Call me anal but I dont like the glitches, and the extra lag it seems to bring concerns me also.

I truly hope we get an anwser soon, team tactics need to be worked on with whatever latter is chosen. You will see things different this season in BTs and some things the same(you know like us winning  Grin ) . BTs is a great team and we can/will adapt to most circumstances.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2003, 04:03:30 am »

yeah crypt..it doesnt even say how much time your team has had the warzone conquered for! I agree, it is a little buggy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 04:04:07 am by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2003, 10:18:45 am »

Hey for the banning sensors thing... i found that sensors help pick out the camping teams...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2003, 11:11:46 am »

Hey eight, I found out that if you ban sensors there are hardly any campers left!

One day I fly away
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2003, 12:14:41 am »

so what 8 and Dutch are trying to say is, Attacking sensors can find the non sensor campers.

wow, let's just agree like this before the game:
"Ahhh, our teams going to camp, can we not have sensors"

or

"We plan on running right at your ass and shooting you while you hide, can we please activate sensors."

What  a moment of absolute clarity.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads