*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:01:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you think of war zone?  (Read 6733 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« on: August 26, 2003, 10:20:39 am »

Just want to see what peeps opinions are on the war zone mod. I for one dont like the idea, but i also want to get a poll to see what the rest of the guys think!

I mean the times i have played it, it sems like one team gets the war zone and camps it out and the other team runs out of time looking for the campers!! if they go to the war zone to get it back so they dont run out of time they r shot. I think it makes camping worse!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 10:39:19 am by LeeHarveyOzwald » Logged

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:14:55 am »

WZ is cool and fun, but i still choose LMS for the ladder.

Live every day, as if it's your last
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 03:13:51 pm »

lol

wtf is this...

where's "hell no!"  Grin

[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 03:15:19 pm »

i do like playing warzone. it is a fun alternative to lms, if it is instituted i think; if warzone is instituted here is what i would do...score a point for the team that has the most guys left as well as a point for winning the warzone.. so if team A has more guys left and wins the time in warzone, they get two points. if team A wins warzone but team B has more guys left, its a split 1-1. the first team that gets to 10 wins overall. win by 2...lol..just a thought.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 03:43:34 pm »

yeah.. i miss the "hell no!" button in this voting too... i don?t like this mod and won?t like to play it in cbs... i would if it will be chosen, but not with much fun...

[one] Civic

-out-

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 05:23:06 pm »

After seeing all the discussions earlier about this matter, My opinion with introducing a new mod for the ladder would stand at allowing it to be optional rather than be permanant.  GHR ladders on the PC side allow cb's to take place with options such as different game types.  I think this would serve most fit four our Ladder.  

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 10:45:21 pm »

Um... I voted for its fun... But i dont even think its fun i vote NO.

thnx,

Grin

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 10:59:14 pm »

Well I have played warzone several times and I have found people including myself, camping, Warzone camping. I get the warzone and have to stay close to hold it. Not very fun and intense as LMS in my opinion. I have also found a lot more lag in the games as well. Seeing how hard it was to get games going in finals due to lag, this seems to be a potential problem. This is a cool style of game play but I think LMS should stay for the Battle Leagues main competition.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 11:32:09 pm »

After intensive testing of the Campzone--no I mean Warzone mod I still prefer LMS, especially for DAMN Battle League CBS!

LONG LIVE LMS!!!  The pure GhR experience!! Roll Eyes
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 11:54:32 pm »

I voted optonal, but there is this catch that some clans will only play warzone, and some only LMS, so this could infact just be a break in the community, so maybe it would be better to have one or the other.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 02:12:25 am »

I think lms should stay. Well think about it this way. If one team gets the warzone, that team will camp with the warzone base in sight, because if the other team does not get it back within 3 minutes the game is over. I can see how it might prevent a little camping, but for the team defending the warzone, the camping just gets worse.

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 02:45:28 am »

OMG, this thread kills me, have you guys even tryed to come up with some WZ tactics?  Didnt think so.

For one thing, if you tag the wz, the enemie knows where you are...doh, and can easly move on you EVEN ON THE STRONGHOLD FROM SPAWN 4!!!  and as far as campable bases, lets go over that.  How many bases can you stay around and camp in?  Arnt we all bitching about Emb and stronghold...kinda stupid.

I for one like the idea of WZ being a BL ladder, be if one or both WZ and LMS.  I would like to add that i personaly think LMS is the main reason for all the camp bitching. Think about it guys, how many clans do we know that dont leave their spawn point at all (wz would kill that).  How many clans do we know that go for the first kill, then camp (wz would kill that).  

I think you all need to be a lil more open minded and really give this a try befor you get all scared and trash the idea.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Fridge

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 02:53:15 am »

Yeah, harvey put up a poll, but it had a bunch of crappy options, no offense harv, but I don't even like warzone at all and there was no option for that, the worst option there was stated that you liked it.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 03:00:59 am »

Right on.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 03:07:49 am »

i said undecided becuase it would be a good idea for the league (a sub-ladder to LMS) if they fixed the bugs out, and added a timer, in its current condition, hell no.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 03:09:59 am »

i personally think that every mod would be a bad idea for the BL... and then lms is definitely the best choice! we should keep it how it is... kill the ideas of changing to a mod, most people want to stay at lms!

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 03:40:36 am »

I think we should all move to Fridges thread.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 04:36:14 am »

For one thing, if you tag the wz, the enemie knows where you are...doh, and can easly move on you EVEN ON THE STRONGHOLD FROM SPAWN 4!!!

Doc, you can have one guy sacrifice himself to get the base and 1 guy camp on a highland in ghost town for example guarding the base.....camping
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 04:38:04 am by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
Ssickboy

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 05:15:27 am »

Sar that actually sounds like a cool strategy.  See nothing wrong with it.  thats a different kind of camping.

Actually it is the first good example of a sniper being useful in a cb

Retire Bush
Ssickboy

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 05:29:31 am »

Flies:  I see yur point and unfortunately I dont see these bugs getting fixed before the next season.  Maybe WZ should wait for that reason (enthusiasm disappearing)

IF... warzone were to be implemented It seems it would have to be an optional ladder.

As for everyone else, the short sightedness of your views is very sad.

I am begining to realize that not many clans are capable of the organizing, strategizing, or have the balls to make an interesting BL.  WAKE UP!   <----------- very frustrated

« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 06:31:59 am by c| SsicKBoY » Logged

Retire Bush
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads