*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:00:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Raven Shield Browser Server Managment!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield Browser Server Managment!  (Read 3397 times)
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 06:43:03 am »

Ok guys, time to live on and not dweel in the past. Mainman is a Minor and obviously likes working on these types of things. I certainly look at it as a way of learing. Take a deep breath and let it go.

**I have been asked to unlock this thread do to Mainman just taking scripts and slapping his own name on it. Please do not flame and just post the facts. Mainman, you obviously have a chance to speak up for yourself here so make it good**
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 11:18:44 pm by +-KoS-+.vooDoo.-a2- » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2004, 12:02:02 am »

Since Mainman was talking about all the hard work he was putting into the adding functions and customizing the script to make it work with the Mac, I decided to download the original and see how long it took to make work, and how different he had customized the interface.  Here are the sad results.

First, we'll take a look at the screenshot that Mainman provided, just so you don't have to page back.

Notice that lovely caption on the bottom.  Take a good look at the page layout and information shown.

Now, I surfed out there and found quite a few of these "trackers" out there, and I'm sure there are more (maybe we'll put up a tracker like the one for AA if I find those scripts - but giving credit to the actual authors).  But I digress.  Here is one I found.  Look strangely familiar?

Except for having Team Scores and the original credits down there at the bottom.  It looks exactly like the one Mainman is saying he "customized" and "added features" to.  

So, I followed all the directions in the readme.  Had to put two files in the Raven Shield folder, had to upload the php (editing it with the proper IP) and had to edit an ini file in Raven Shield.  Total time was under 5 minutes.  I did not change the interface at all (though it's php, so again, I could have).  Everything worked.  No problems at all.  

I've left the stats up on the MP site now, and removed the code for the remote admin (I don't want it to be that accessible, ever, it's just asking for trouble if everyone has access to that page) and I like it.  I'll probably go in and change a few of the styles to make it fit in better yet, just like I would with any php script.  But that isn't something Mainman has done, his is the same as the default.

So, I say, he took someone else's work and just slapped his name on it again.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 12:44:04 am by |MP|Buccaneer » Logged

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004, 12:08:07 am »

I never released the version i was working on.

I gave proper credit to all that made it, just because the SS i provided didnt have it, doesnt give you any right to start the blame game.

I was using the .ASP version.  

Reconnize the fact i gave credit.

*The whole point of this thread was letting RvS hosts a easy way to management.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 12:10:57 am by MainMaN » Logged

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004, 12:19:41 am »

also..

The plan was, i was going to make a installer as well as well as other templates for the script. I was working on command lines for remote admin. I guess not, you act like your competing. But nothing is good enough for you. You honeslty need to start read other peoples post before posting, alot of this information was already stated. Speaking up for my self isnt worth it. Bronto was right about *DAMN Fourms

Why do you post everything thing on ur clan site? I mean, every single flame or dissussion you have gets posted. Most of it is shit, and most people know it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 12:37:03 am by MainMaN » Logged

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 01:10:52 am »

I gave proper credit to all that made it, just because the SS i provided didnt have it, doesnt give you any right to start the blame game.

It's not a game, it's the truth.  You posted it here, like that.  In the version you posted, you had done nothing EXCEPT add your name and remove the real authors.  

Is that the very first thing you do, add your name to the credits?

The .ASP version?  Really?  The version that doesn't really work off mac hosts?  I don't know if I should just call you a liar or MoronMan.

Reconnize the fact i gave credit.

The word is "recognize", and I don't, because you didn't.  The proof of such is right above this.  You had to TAKE THEIR NAMES OUT to get what you did.  Which tells me you were shamed into putting it back AFTER we brought it up.  Even then, when I finally saw it on your computer, it wasn't correct (It was missing a name).

*The whole point of this thread was letting RvS hosts a easy way to management.

Then you really should have just pointed people to the download.  Then you really shouldn't have stuck your name on it.  If that's what the whole point was.

The plan was, i was going to make a installer as well as well as other templates for the script. I was working on command lines for remote admin.

Gee, then your name would just be on the installer, or the remote admin box, wouldn't it?  Learn your lesson, don't take credit for other people's work!

you act like your competing.

Not at all, just keeping it honest.  You'll notice that I take absolutely no credit for these scripts, I just point people to them.  You'll remember, before you were such an annoying little prick, how I helped you with your DNS and router issues.  Not for credit, but because we do help out people, and do give them respect, until they don't deserve it.  

You honeslty need to start read other peoples post before posting, alot of this information was already stated.

It's easy to state lies.  You do it all the time.

Bronto was right about *DAMN Fourms

Feel free to follow him then, if that's how you feel.  Doubt anyone will cry over it.

Why do you post everything thing on ur clan site? I mean, every single flame or dissussion you have gets posted. Most of it is shit, and most people know it.

Yeah, most people know it's shit eh?  That's why it gets so many hits I guess, because so many think it's shit.  

Just to answer you, it was posted there because this thread was locked.  And, I have a bit more freedom of expression there, as we don't mind calling a spade a spade, even if it does hurt her feelings.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2004, 02:58:05 am »

mainman,
I'm a web developer, and php is almost impossible to keep closed source.
So here is what pisses me off.
You ported nothing to mac, installing the script on pc takes the exact same amount of time. Remember, porting requires conversion of some type, not adding 4words to the bottom of a script.
You put your name inside a script you didn't modify at all aside from putting the name in.
You plan to modify and redistribute a script without the original author's permission.
and bucc
i think he misspelt php when he said asp

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2004, 03:01:33 am »

Ive been working on this for several days, smurf would know. And i finally got the .dll to work with .php forum with MAC's Raven Shield Build 294.

Its in beta, so i wont release it yet since if theirs a problem i know im gona get swamped with complaints but so far everything is working.

Working on the .asp version eh?

Also, I noticed that the link to your version ended in .php as well.  Hmmm.  Yeah, you just reek of lies Mainman.

MainMaN

moo

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2004, 03:44:42 am »

I could point out everything i just said, and even argue with you till the end. Your only point is, the SS had my name on is as well as the hosted version. Why? I was in the processing on modding it over, as in template wise. If you want to point fingers and blame while you do it yourself go right ahead. Its just easier to call you stupid.

Since your the only true jackass i ever met, you have a problem. Talk to me you pussy.
r_mainman@softhome.net
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 03:45:46 am by MainMaN » Logged

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2004, 06:26:23 am »

Your only point is, the SS had my name on is as well as the hosted version.

Nice to see your reading skills haven't improved.  I'll try it again.
1) In the version you showed, you hadn't changed a single thing but added your name.
2) Oh, and deleted the actual authors.
3) Therefore, the very first thing you seemed to do was to delete them and take credit for it.
4) Since you went to the effort of removing them, I don't see why anyone would believe that you were intending to put them back.
5) You didn't put them back right even then.
6) You lied again by saying that was the .asp version.  Caught with your own stupid lies.  Again.
7) This is a pattern with you.
Cool If you really just wanted to give something to the Mac community, you wouldn't lie and put your name on it.
9) If you think this place sucks, you should leave it, I doubt anyone would miss you.

Good enough?

I was in the processing on modding it over, as in template wise.

Oh, now it is template wise that you are modding it, eh?  First it was the php and .dll (where is there a .dll there anyway?)  Then it was .asp.  Then the installer.  Now it's a template.  

Does anyone want to bet that when I grab a copy of what he has let out so far, it has his name on it but no other changes?  Anyone?  Because I'm going to grab it and check the code out.  Just because I'm sick of his lies.

Its just easier to call you stupid.

Sure it is, since you don't have a leg to stand on.

Since your the only true jackass i ever met, you have a problem. Talk to me you pussy.

Seems like I am "talking" to you idiot.  Just because it's here, seems like you have a problem with it.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2004, 09:49:31 am »

Most people who are smart enough to set up that php tool, are smart enough to integrate their own style sheet, or make changes so the tool looks fitting. There is a really limited market for this thing, obviously we use it now, but how many other clans out there have hosts with php?
So you really where just trying to get credit for another thing you didn't make...
It doesn't work mainman, we've proved this to you, and the gameranger community several times in your case.
-jeb
ps. i invented sliced bread</mainman>

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads