*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:14:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WoW on an Intel-iMac, first progress report  (Read 9710 times)
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2006, 04:13:47 am »

Plus...drum roll please.... Also don't forget  OSX 10.5 "Leopard" will be released just on the horizon. So keep that in mind. Will WoW run on that as smoothy as 10.4 or will we have to see another "Update"?

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2006, 04:22:25 am »

It's still OSX... if anything it'll run even better.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2006, 05:46:33 pm »

http://openosx.com/wintel/

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2006, 09:54:53 pm »

It's not the source I doubt, but you should credit those you take from. Open OSX's Wintel is odd in that it's a relatively unknown just appearing. We'll have to wait for some tests and what not from the people who have begun receive iMacs... If none appear before my brother's iMac arrives, I'll see if I can run some.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2006, 12:21:58 am »

More results for the iMac Core Duo's: http://barefeats.com/imcd.html

Seems to be the same on all, Rosetta apps the iMac will lag behind it's PowerPC counterpart while Universial apps it rocks the house.

:MoD:Saberian did some tests of his own showing how poorly most games play on the new Core Duo Mac's.

cottonmouth

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 10:53:59 pm »

Stumbled across this today on MOSR.
http://macosrumors.com/

Apple's "Gamer's Dream iMac" In-Depth Report

Apple is hard at work on a new product, in concert with ATi, that will enhance the Intel Core Duo iMac lineup with a model specifically for gamers. Among other enhancements, the core modification is a dual GPU using ATi's "CrossFire" PCI Express technology. Prototypes with dual X1600, X1800, and X1900 GPU's have been mentioned in recent reports but thus far we have been unable to confirm whether the X1800 or X1900 is most likely given Apple's price point demands and the desire to trump the PC/Windows marketplace on gaming performance.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 11:09:22 pm »

Anyway. MOSR should be trusted for anything but a laugh now and then. I can't remember the last time they reported something original that was correct.

Oh yea:

http://barefeats.com/quick.html

WoW test results [beta? UB] show the CoreDuo hanging near the 6800 + Quadro. Fun!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:12:37 pm by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 11:10:40 pm »

Hmmm i ain't so sure about that im really not. putting the fact i have never heard of macosrumors.com aside (yeah i know sorry heh) it dosn't sound very much like apple to me.. especially when i scroll down the page and stuff like this:

Apple is working with Intel on a unique new quad-core processor with several enhancements based on technology Apple co-developed with IBM for the G5 and now-defunct "G6" processors. This chip will be the first Intel product to ship exclusively in Apple computers at first, and when it does reach the PC market, Apple is expected to get a small percentage of each sale....a few years ago, who would have expected that Apple's semiconductor design team would be co-developing Intel processors and receiving revenues from the PC industry at large?!

Erm i don't think so.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2006, 11:11:12 pm »

damn myst just posted as i clicked post hehe, but yeah what myst said X2

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2006, 11:13:28 pm »

I also just updated post with link to WoW FPS as UB.

John Lennon
Lone @ the CS Lab
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 12:11:27 am »

Plus...drum roll please.... Also don't forget  OSX 10.5 "Leopard" will be released just on the horizon. So keep that in mind. Will WoW run on that as smoothy as 10.4 or will we have to see another "Update"?

...Apparently I am way behind the times, still clunking around on OS 10.3.9

Who wants to start a "Get Lone 10.5 when it is released" fund?  Anybody?

Anybody at all?

Sad

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, too much time staring at my Java program is melting my brain.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 12:19:04 am »

yes yes you are Wink then agian you might as well wait for 10.5 mate. (come to think of it 10.4 wasn't all it was hyped up to be. spotlight is nice but needs speeding up, widgets are nice but i hardly use em apart from the calculator and unit converter)

those WoW FPS scores suck ass - im amazed how much worse it runs full screen than it does in windowed mode! horrible.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 12:35:36 am »

I think that could be considered some type of bug. There's no way the X1600 would drop off that much when it does so well in UT2k4 and other stuff.

John Lennon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads