*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:00:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  *DAMN Mod Section (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, Toby, Casper, BFG)
| | | |-+  Sounds in MOD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sounds in MOD  (Read 1489 times)
Chris Parrott
« on: April 10, 2003, 11:33:24 pm »

I have taken a weapon mod and added it to another mod so I could use it in  multiplayer. I was able to get all associated files copied  but  it doesn't make any noise.  I found the associated  WAV files, installed them in the new mods sounds folder but they dont seem to work, or they arn't being activated. The only noise the gun makes is when the bullets hit an object.  Any ideas?

Chris
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 01:55:42 am »

wait u took someone elses work and put it in yours? thats not cool and thats because each gun has a directry for where to look for sound

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Chris Parrott
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 04:13:52 am »

O.K.  I'm sure you have never made anyone a copy of a CD or anything. maybe downloaded an mp3 you didn't buy.

Get over yourself, I am only using it for my LAN. If I tweek a MOD it will be not work when I try and play online.  

Chris

Ps. all WAV file pertaining to Weapon sounds seem to be in one large file called sounds.
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 04:31:48 am »

if your thinking about doing anything that has other peoples work u have to talk to them (I don't really care if they say its okay i just look down on people who do it with out the makers consent!)

Plus: Speak from what u know when u harass a person, not from an assumption! Because i buy my games and don't listen to music (When i do it's in game music)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 04:36:55 am by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Chris Parrott
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 04:44:40 am »

What ever.  I have found the email addy of the fine person who slaved over the creation of this MOD.  I have asked them how to add the sounds to the weapon.  I will let you know what they say.  

I feel bad for those who only listen to game music.  Let me know if I can Burn you a bunch of illegal CD or anything.

C
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 05:47:13 pm »

ok im fine with it now did he answer ur question? Becuase I know what to do to change it.

bronto
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 08:48:37 pm »

it's been a long time since i even thought about this kind of stuff, so im not totally sure. There should be a bunch of .wpn files that tell the game the name of the gun, where it goes, what it does, what model it is and what it sounds like. im assuming you added these, since you were able to get the guns, so the only other source of the problem could be the sound files. You cannot rename them.

One other issue might be cross-platform. Are you using a pc mod on a mac or vice versa? If you are using the PC mod on a mac, you need to convert the .WAV files to System 7. I believe there are tutorials on how to do this in the TET section, not sure though. You don't need to change the extension names of the sound files in the .wpn files when you convert the wavs, you just leave them as .wav.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads