*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:03:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Rogue Spear Maps for Raven Shield
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Spear Maps for Raven Shield  (Read 1061 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: January 05, 2004, 09:29:02 pm »

Ok, so me, Ace, Py, Blackmagic, and a couple others were thinking about how sweet it would be to have Rainbow Six / Rogue Spear maps ported to Raven Shield, when fassst pointed me to something on the MP site that cringe posted:

RS:UO maps for RvS
??

Sunday, December 21 2003 @ 12:20 PM EST
Contributed by: Cringe

I've come across several sites that have our beloved rs maps (storage, snow base, chemical compound, city street small, old train tracks, and some others) that have been ported for rvs. Yay....

...Almost. They're available as a .exe installer file due to the HORRIBLE system of mods and maps for rvs. Unlike ghost recon, you cannot simply drop it in your mods folder, you have to put individual files into the maps, system, staticmeshes, textures, template, and sounds folders. To get around the windows installer problem, i just used virtual pc to have the installer install into an empty folder (doesnt matter what its named) and all the map's files were in folders whose names corresponded with the folder that you have to drop them into in the rvs data folder. (Yay, the pc and mac versions of rvs use the exact same data files, even though they cant communicate in multiplayer..go figure)

However, for some of these map packs, each pack used one big texture and/or system file, and it was named the same (but different size) for more than one pack, creating an issue if you wanted to run both packs at once. Due to my lack of experience with this engine, I was hoping you might have and idea with how to deal with this.

So, if anybody would like to take this a step further and get these maps usable for macs, that'd be great.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Toby
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 08:47:06 am »

There's already an RS maps on RVS topic in the mods forum... If you steer yourself thataway you'll see that Monoman has already posted some converted maps and I've listed the RS/GR/UO/etc map conversions that work for me via converting in Virtual PC. So with any luck he may start posting some of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads