*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:02:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Noobie Questions regarding mods  (Read 2155 times)
DaveA
« on: January 27, 2002, 02:15:52 pm »

Hi, a couple of hopefully real basic Qs on Mods and use in multiplayer situations specifically hosting at GameRanger.
1- Can I design my own armpatches on a Mac? Or what program could I use if I went the virtualPC route? Or are there archives of generic patches that are accessible?

2- Are there Map Mods that can be used in hosting that doesn't require everyone joining a game to also have active in their mod folder? I recently played one where that was the case, since I hadn't activated any mod to get  in that game... Wondering if there's other maps I can bring to hosting.

3- Are there mods and cheats that can be used by others that improve their performance but are indectable to host? How is that preventable if it's possible?

That's some of the many questions buzzin through my head hope you all can answer some if not all!
Thanks
DaveA
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Toby

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 12:20:52 pm »

I'll chime in with just a couple of answers to your questions - fixing the armpatch graphics is easy, and simply requires a bit of patience. Just use the RSB converter on your CD to convert the armpatches into readable formats for your graphics program, and then edit away. I think there's a much fuller explanation on how to do it on PlanetRainbowsix.

As for Mods which change maps without all the players needing them- any server-side mods will do that. There are a couple available for download right here, thanks to Mauti.

I don't know of any cheating mods, I'm afraid. Might make me play better, though...

Hope that helps a little

Toby
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 03:48:27 pm »

The cheating question is one that has been mentioned on this forum several times.  Due to the way it is percieved by others, it has been a general policy not to discuss methods of cheating...just have fun experimenting on your own.  Or don't.

Typically any form of cheating would be a modification by the host, although it has been suggested that there are ways for a client to gain an unfair advantage as well . . . . . . . . .

< insert clever and original signature here >
DaveA
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 09:09:53 pm »

I'll try the RSB converter. And I'll look for server side maps.
As for th cheats, it was more curiousity than anything, as some players have acted like someone wa hackin into better play. I personally wouldn't use a cheat even against the AI. Way too boring, imfho.
Thanks for the replies.
DA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads