*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:59:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Improvements for Ghr Ladder  (Read 6800 times)
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 08:28:36 am »

Now lets enforce the clan member limit rule for clans that "are" participating in the league. No participating clan can have more than 5 members signed up!!! Every clan is forced to cut players and new clans would have to be formed.  Kill the friendships you've made with other clanmates and pick your top 5, sing them the "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" song if you have to. Shocked  The season is about winning the championship, not having fun getting your ass kicked.   If you want to have fun go play in your public game rooms.  If you want to win the DBL championship put together your best 5 man squad and lets grab our guns and go to war!  If Ghr is going to die then the clans shall die with it!

WeedWacker-->Tongue Sniper<--PUNiSHER
Tin

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 05:08:06 pm »

Well… the inactivity is obviously the main problem. Nevertheless a clan member limit won't get us anywhere.I mean wtf if your clan suddenly consits of only 5 members, you would hardly get a big cbs going like 5v5, also it won't help the activity at all, in my opinion it's very hard to be active with a 5 member clan. Anyway, my expirence with ghra tells me that this just cannot work, ghra has round 10 members but we have barely 3 members online if we wanna cb. I dont even wanna imagine ghra with only 5 members … we would never ever get a cb going.

" Kill the friendships you've made with other clanmates and pick your top 5, sing them the "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" song if you have to." Maybe this game is dead, actually it is fucking dead, but I dont see why i ought kill my friend- and relationships to give this game a last lame chance.
It's just not all about cbing, I assume ghra would rather leave this league then cutting its players down to 5. Fortunely it's not up to you to make the rules. =]

Actually it's pretty cool that you thinking about how to increase activity, Pun. But in my eyes you cant help it, the game is just dead.We need more love

-Tin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 05:12:40 pm by Tin » Logged
dr.evil

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 06:20:21 pm »

we could try to make cbing fun again with some kit restrictions...in my opinion its just too easy to get a kill with commonly used weapons like oicw or sa80! how about submachine guns only? or mp5 only...it would change the whole game! mb its worth a try, dunno! i just have more fun in games with these restrictions! well, i dunno if the community is willing to try something like this, and i dunno if it really would change something! spank me if its a too dumb idea!
Clay

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 07:33:31 pm »

Is the point playing in cb's embassy, siege with 3 respawns and a 20 min time ?
I sooo don't get it, i mean, its not because of the gametype, (wz no spawn rulz, its tactical, it force ennemy clan to move when you have wz) its all about ghr getting older and older. So, i agree with Magnetic, why would changing anything in gametype or mappack would change shit.
A clan limit ? to 5 ?, are you asking me to kick 7 ghra player for Ghr to stand up a season more ?
I think that the point isn't even here, the only bad Stuff in that league is that cb's should be schedules with a final type instead of season type. Look, when you decided to remove the final, cO which used to be a very active clan in ghr just stopped playing it, zt retired, is that no longer about skills but about Activity.
So, a player number limit, maybe for clan with 30 player getting splited or shit (but i only know 2 clans with 30 players or so), but do you want to destroy what keeps a clan alive, such as friendship ?
GhR is dieing, is that all about making it live a season more?

WeedWacker

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 12:39:02 am »

why make somebody bring smoke when as far as I see, it poses no purpose... I know I'de never use it, it doesn't provide an advantage for either side... I don't think modding the gaming parts of the ladder will improve activity enough to even notice.  I still play the game, I enjoy it sometimes, but I think it's about time we leave it alone and let it die.  For the most part, the clans that aren't playing ghr as much won't come back because smoke and mortars were added to the ladder.

No, not everyuone will take smoke, but adding variety may spice it up and reinvigorate it in the short term.  It could be anything, from saying the X Weapon Proi  mod is mandated (though I'd preger GRM4) to a few changes to kits.  The point is to sqeeze a few more seasons out.

Smoke nades, BTW, are just something to mess around with but can be used to tactical advantage inside buildings or confined areas.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 12:43:15 am by WeedWacker » Logged

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 09:45:08 am »

There are excellent smoke nades as well as flashbangs in AA. Come play with us.  Cool

WeedWacker

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44:26 pm »

There are excellent smoke nades as well as flashbangs in AA. Come play with us.  Cool

I am stuck with Ghost Recon until I get a new Mac...waiting on Intel Mac...

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 11:42:16 pm »

Another advatnage to taking smoke nades in a cb is placing them on an enemies dead body so they can't see anything and voice positions to other players.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 05:59:01 pm »

Wow it sucks to be on a G3 for another year or so

P.S.
*** Waits for civic to tell him that the macs will be coming out sooner than that.
[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2005, 06:29:43 pm »

Not the PowerMacs (although they probably won't have this name anymore).

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
WeedWacker

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2005, 06:01:50 am »

Wow it sucks to be on a G3 for another year or so

P.S.
*** Waits for civic to tell him that the macs will be coming out sooner than that.
[/size]

I gotta 1ghz g4 but its showing its age (was original 400mhz g4 sawtooth)

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2005, 04:48:30 pm »

Not the PowerMacs (although they probably won't have this name anymore).

No..they'll still be called PowerMacs

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Civrock

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2005, 04:53:39 pm »

That's why I said probably... because the "Power" in PowerMac comes from the PowerPC processor which it won't be anymore in the Intel-Macs.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2005, 06:07:41 pm »

Then you should be able to play AA
[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
WeedWacker

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 08:07:11 pm »

Now lets enforce the clan member limit rule for clans that "are" participating in the league. No participating clan can have more than 5 members signed up!!! Every clan is forced to cut players and new clans would have to be formed.  Kill the friendships you've made with other clanmates and pick your top 5, sing them the "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" song if you have to. Shocked  The season is about winning the championship, not having fun getting your ass kicked.   If you want to have fun go play in your public game rooms.  If you want to win the DBL championship put together your best 5 man squad and lets grab our guns and go to war!  If Ghr is going to die then the clans shall die with it!

Punisher-->Tongue Sniper<--WeedWacker
C'mon Punkisher, we all know you don't have any friends.

WeedWacker

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 05:33:00 pm »

Then you should be able to play AA
[/size]

Yeah I should, but AA is a POS...I got all settings set to super low and get such a low FPS I don't even wanna bother with AA.  I get 30-60FPS on Ghost Recon BTW.  Plenty of memory and video card is ok.  Weird. 

Civrock

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 05:50:49 pm »

GhR has less than half of the system requirements of AA... but anyway, did you try tweaking the .ini files to their fullest yet?

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 06:48:12 pm »

Punisher from where did you got the War gametype!? Can you post an URL or send me the mod, because I couldn't find such a gametype in the MacDownloads doing a quick search. We are probably adding it to at least 1 ladder.

About the ELO system: it gonna stay for the next season(s). The advanced system will be introduced permanently with the *DBL 2.0 and script additions so you just have to submit the cb once and you have 2 rankings in the TEAM ladder.

About the cb length: CQB cbs maybe will be reduced to first to 3 - not decided yet. At all you can always agree otherwise when you organize a cb.

That's it for now.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2005, 08:10:08 pm »

http://members.aol.com/thepunisher428/war.zip
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster