*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:58:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  The |MP| Mod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The |MP| Mod  (Read 1631 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: April 24, 2003, 11:41:58 am »

Heya, everyone. I've reached the "first playable" milestone on my mod, and I'm looking for gullible fools beta testers to play with it and tell me what I need to fix, what I need to add, what I need to remove, what I need to change, and so forth. You can get the mod from the |MP| website. The link is in the upper right-hand corner. Leave me feedback either here, on the |MP| website's forums, or talk to me on GR. Thanks.  Smiley

The current version is 0.5.1, as of 24 April.

Edit: By the way, the motto for the beta form of the Mod is, "Trust the descriptions, not the pictures." The kit images that show what items are in the kit are often wrong, since I don't have the means to make accurate ones for the new kits that I added. If the kit picture shows extra ammo, but the text says "frags," it's actually frags. The name is always correct.
     P.S. If anyone has the means to create new kit textures and would be willing to help me out, I would be very grateful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 12:04:02 pm by Mr. Lothario » Logged

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 02:49:31 pm »

Version 0.5.5 has been sent to Cringe. He will make it available to download by tomorrow. This version adds several new pistols, including two new SD models, and several new kit restrictions. Version 0.6 is planned out, so it will be available when I get time to work on it.

Give me your feedback!

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 11:36:28 pm »

I think this is a very good mod, nice job on it. I have alot of fun playing it with you the other night.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 02:24:03 pm »

Hi Loth,

if you want to add your own pictures to GR without a rsb converter try to save your pics as 24bit BMP file that was a valid format for RS if you didn't want to use the rsb format(the game engine could read the bmps like rsbs). Give it a try to correct your description pics.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 02:48:16 pm »

I was not aware of that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip, Mauti.

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 06:43:52 pm »

Hey Loth a few suggestions from what I noticed i saw that most pictures for kit items where just the regualer like pistol one with the clip.... Its still a lot of fun and i couldnt tell because i wasnt looking but did u use 3ds max?

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 06:46:45 pm »

loth only modified excisting weapons and used the original inventar pics so he didn't need and use a 3D modelling app which would be required to create complete new weapon models, character models and add ons or maps and vehicles.

Greetz,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 07:04:21 pm »

Mauti Have you ever made a map with 3dsm cause im having lots of problems and if you know anything that may help

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 10:40:45 pm »

Sorry but I only own a Mac -> so I don't own 3D Studio Max.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads