*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:45:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN BL Mappack 1: Spawn Discussion and Bug Reports  (Read 6755 times)
[MAX]'s KGB
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 01:22:40 am »

Ok just to be clear, untill spawns and bugs r fixed are the new maps obligatory to play?
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 07:34:38 am »

I dont think you should change the bunker spawns, i dont know how they could be more fair that they allready are. This whole fear about getting shot right away is kinda stupid - the only way you will get shot right away is if you stay in the window and try to shoot someone else right away only they shoot you faster. If you run down from the bunker right away you wont get shot, or just hit the deck.

Just for the record - creekbed  has instant visual contact too, and it worked fine last season.

Hey teacher....leave that map alone, all in all your just a- nother brick in the wall  Cheesy

And hey.....is it just me or is it artic climate at aztec? seems that they do that breathing like on cold maps, looks cool

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 09:58:14 am »

Roger flies.
When I wrote the reply, I knew someone would throw the rule book in my face  Wink
So I checked it right away, won't happen again. Grin

yours KGB
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 02:04:05 am by KGB » Logged

Noto
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 10:50:31 pm »

Downtown Map = Spawn Point 1 should be moved a bit south of where it is.  The middle of the street spawn allows camping.  Not to mention the fact that it is slightly closer than otehr spawns since it is a straight shot down the road.

Weapon Factory = Spawn Point 2 needs to be moved a bit south of where it is located.  It's quite a jog to the warzone from where it is located.  It seems the shortest distance is through spawn 3.

Market = Spawn Point 3 is much closer to the warzone than Spawn Point 4 is.

Nomad Map = Is it possible to add more things to hide behind?  Tanks, cars, horses, & other large farm animals just to mention some.  It's just way too open as it is right now.  Maybe some more trees on the slopes of the hills that face each other.  If there are a few obstacles, then it would make it more feasable to take the warzone.  If not, just activate Arcade Mode and laugh your ass off.

.::|N| Noto
Da? Swiftkill

Swiftkill

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2003, 01:04:59 am »

it may be cool if you guys put the warzone on Market Morning downstiars! Grin

If you are not Swift, you are nothing.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2003, 01:19:26 am »

Downstairs? Where are tunnels? Never discovered one.

Noto about the Weapon Fac map. Spawn 2 is so wide in the north because they don't have to open any doors to reach the warzone so they are the fastest there.

About nomad - to add cover could only be done in a small amount. However I think this map is so fun because you have that less cover.

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2003, 01:46:52 pm »

Flies and KGB:
The maps as such are not mandatory as you can agree with the other team not to use them. Rule 30. However, it is mandatory to HAVE the maps. Smiley I have met a few clans that refuse to play on new maps. What can you do? That's life. Smiley Cheers!

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2003, 02:06:50 am »

In the weapons research map, the warzone can't be taken !?
Any of you guys experienced it ?

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2003, 10:04:32 am »

I have seen that too KGB

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2003, 03:09:19 pm »

I played around with the Weapons Research Map last night and the WZ can be taken, you just have to stand in it for like 5 seconds and be right dead inside of the smoke, not just near the smoke like on other maps.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2003, 04:21:03 pm »

On a few maps, i see that the wz can be taken from over 2 or 3 blocks away, i really disagree with that, it should be fixed.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Da? Swiftkill

Swiftkill

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2003, 03:16:12 am »

well mauti if u cant find em nvm then  Grin. Ill show u on gameranger sometime.

If you are not Swift, you are nothing.

frog
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2003, 05:55:43 am »

I don't think that's possible, and the spawns are already random. (out of 4 or so)

Rdm ? lol . i always respawn behind the guy who killed me. So does he, 2 !
Great jobs for reflexion about the spawn - important subject, as u know. (gg all)
 Lips Sealed
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2003, 02:11:06 am »

Also,

On the Downtown map, when you go into one of the buildings there is a huge glitch. The building diaspears and you can see all around the building as if it was never there. I don't know if this is just my GhR or the maps themselves.

Kuza

is it 2008 yet?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2003, 01:54:50 pm »

Alright today we have the 4th december. Deadline for all suggestions. The glitches will added to the Glitch rule part so everybody knows about it and can avoid it.

On these maps I have changed the spawns like some posts suggested here:

I gonna send the new insertions and zones to Tim Leary and he gonna change them for us.

Have a nice day,

Mauti
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 01:58:13 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2003, 06:37:36 pm »

Let me say this... The map pack is awesome. Only there is one flaw that hurts me.  I have a DSL connection, and when playing with these maps, its lags me down from a 30+fps to a 10-20fps.  I think it is with the command maps. The command maps are too detailed.  If you compare the map packs CM to the regular games CM, there is a huge difference.  One, its black and white. Two, it doesn't use huge objects that are from bryce 3d.  If these were less detailed, it might run smoother....

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2003, 07:06:26 pm »

Hello all,

Recently I have been experiencing a major problem with the map pack.  While in game the game seems to crash out and go to the desktop.  Only one problem the game is still going on.  GhR will revert to the desktop but the game is still playing(I can still hear weapons fire and movements).  This is a weird situation since I am unable to get back into the game screen.  I have isolated this to the map pack.  With  the mod installed it happens, as soon as I remove it, it goes away.  I have also tried to dl and reinstall it.  Same thing happens.  Last night I wiped my HD clean and reinstalled OS and a fresh install of GhR and the map pack.  Same thing happened.  Please advise me with any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

BTs_static

P.S.  Uffz.B lives!

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2003, 03:34:40 pm »

cant seem to take the warzone in down town, no matter how long i stand in it

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 10:02:30 am »

@ Static: hmm very strange and I didn't experience such things at all. Did you recently upgrade to Panther and have an ATI graphics card!? There are few reports on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ and the Apple support forums about such black screen problems. All in all I can't imagine that the map pack is responsible for this issue although you said it only happens if you use it.

At the moment I can't do much about this. Sorry but hopefully it goes away soon.

@Blitz: strange, because here I have much better framerates than on the original maps. Do you experience the same with the Nomad command map(least detailed cm ever)!?

@?Brain: yep this a well known bug but will be wiped out with the 1.1 update.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2003, 07:00:12 am »

Not to just rush Tim or Mauti but I have fixed the warzone on the Downtown map. I moved the warzone in the middle like on the pic above. I just did this so clans can at least use the map. You can download it from my site or from the link below.

Download here

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads