*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:28:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Reasons for hating Pcs?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reasons for hating Pcs?  (Read 5986 times)
Bondo
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2002, 12:55:03 pm »

My OS X crashed...once...in a year...and I was doing stupid stuff.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2002, 01:01:04 pm »

You mean it crashed, like you had to hit the restart button or the finder just had to be rebooted

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2002, 01:21:46 pm »

Hey, I found a consistant way to crash in OSX, through clasic, try and open Rainbow Six: Eagle Watch with Rainbow Six Demo preffrences. It will totaly disable yours keys, not allowing your to force quit.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Bondo
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2002, 02:18:53 pm »

Viper, I had to press the reset button on front of the computer...
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2002, 03:03:01 pm »

I've hit like 2 kernal errors in os X since i started using it last june. those are the onlytimes i've ever had to use the restart button.
in 9.2, i crash a few times aday, cause roguespear hates me, and because i like to forcequit programs.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2002, 03:07:54 pm »

rogue spear hates all who play it, not just you

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2002, 03:09:41 pm »

What I find odd, is that when I play on my 867g4, I have ot reastart all the time, RS hates it, but when I play on my powerbook G4, I've only had it crash 2 times, thats in playing sevral hundred hours of RS.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2002, 09:15:08 pm »

ya well..... uh...... someone give me some money so i can get a new PC w00t!
-moo
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2002, 02:54:50 am »

WIndows-Suck
PC-Suck

they crash constantly and my freinds say, well that always hasppens

bah, than all the kids always say "macs  suck"
and i say "why"

and they say "cause they suck

Idiots

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2002, 03:48:40 am »

You guys are just as bad as PC users in terms of blind stereotyping...

I have had my PC for months now, and it HAS NOT crashed even once this entire time. Just because you are a Mac user, you dont have to be an ignorant dumbfuck and say "PC's suck because they suck" or "PC's suck!!!  There are more PC's in this world only b/c more ppl have PC's and think that they would be making a mistake if they switch to Mac."

First off, more people buy PC's because they are much cheaper to buy, easier to upgrade, and have more software available for them. Hell, the PC I just built is far superior to any Mac machine that I have ever tested and the damn Apple Store. My dual 3Ghz computer kills any Mac on the market, hands down...and I got it for about $1500 less than a dual 1ghz Mac computer.

I would say the major benefits to owning a Mac (rather than a store bought PC) is its reliability (Hardware and software) and its superior and easier to use OS.

All this being said, Mac deserves to be in the position it is in today because they did it to themselves. That being said, they could make leaps and bounds in the personal computing industry if they would get out of the fad markets and put 100% of their resources into making better machines...just because Apple makes the iPod and offers .Mac wont make PC users give up a more affordable computer, better software selection, and easier upgrade capabilities.

Believe me, I like Macs and everything, but they are killing themselves once again...they have to make their computers cheaper to purchase and maybe integrate the ability to read .exe files into their next OS...if they can get a Mac to read .exe files (without SoftWindows or Virtual PC), they will make a Mac look more appealing.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
jtsoldier

Welcome to my world!

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2002, 05:05:03 am »

First off, more people buy PC's because they are much cheaper to buy

Well... heres something I found on a website, I think its perfect to place right here!

"(People ask me) 'There are many PCs that are less expensive than a Mac. Isn't it smarter to buy the cheaper one?' You know, that same argument was used to sell a lot of Yugos and Hyundais in the 1980s, but nobody was calling for the death of Mercedes-Benz." (Don Crabb)

the PC I just built is far superior to any Mac machine ...My dual 3Ghz computer kills any Mac on the market, hands down...and I got it for about $1500 less than a dual 1ghz Mac computer.

Okay, so you got me there! I guess I can't beat you on that bit.

I would say the major benefits to owning a Mac (rather than a store bought PC) is its reliability (Hardware and software) and its superior and easier to use OS.

I think its about time I added this one I found...
An article in the British magazine ComputerActive reports that 47% of readers say they now regret having upgraded from Windows95 to Windows98. In a similar New York Times poll in July 1999 53% of the readers have indicated similar regret (up 9% from a poll last year). Hah, notice I don't have to say anything,
(myself) Bill Gates appears to mess himself up...
Just 6 weeks before its release, Bill Gates demonstrated Windows 98 at the Comdex98 computer show in Chicago. As soon as his assistant plugged in a scanner, Win98 crashed. (C/Net)

just because Apple makes the iPod and offers .Mac wont make PC users give up a more affordable computer, better software selection, and easier upgrade capabilities.

Well... I think that really if there is a leak in OS X Consule that hackers can get through, I think that its quite important that an update is released ASAP, no matter how little is done, no? and .Mac is a load of shit, it won't be about for long.

Believe me, I like Macs and everything, but they are killing themselves once again...they have to make their computers cheaper to purchase and maybe integrate the ability to read .exe files into their next OS...if they can get a Mac to read .exe files (without SoftWindows or Virtual PC), they will make a Mac look more appealing.

That I can agree with, apparently a MAC OS merged with .exe etc. was under construction before Jobs came  back to Apple, I don't know how true it is though.

jt.

Welcome back to the world of the grossly bored, those who read these forums.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2002, 06:48:47 am »

Well... heres something I found on a website, I think its perfect to place right here!

"(People ask me) 'There are many PCs that are less expensive than a Mac. Isn't it smarter to buy the cheaper one?' You know, that same argument was used to sell a lot of Yugos and Hyundais in the 1980s, but nobody was calling for the death of Mercedes-Benz." (Don Crabb)

You took my quote out of context, but the point I was trying to get across was that not everybody can shell out about $1000 for the cheapest Mac...meanwhile they can pay $400 and get a decent PC that performs all of the basic tasks needed. Also what you ripped out of my quote was that PC's are easier to upgrade and have a better software selection...those two reasons alone would be a reason for me to buy a PC over a Mac if I was in a cash-strapped situation.

Refer to my post above this one on my views about this whole spiel...

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2002, 08:53:13 am »

Psyco Assassin u say ur comp hasnt crashed yet? well i have a pc and either u got lucky with a "good pc" or the warranty hasn't gone up yet. when my warranty wuz up all my shit started breakin. sound broke constant errors.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads