*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:17:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it just me,or ar R6 players full of themselves?  (Read 8073 times)
Precious_Roy
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2002, 01:31:55 am »

Nixon, if you are the Nixon of the past: the "old skewl" Nixon of SBR fame, I'm damn dissappointed in you.

I haven't played recently, so I don't know about the "new" R6 players, but if anyone, you should understand how the game was played.  We had many a shootout you and I.

Those Dest are talking about when he speaks of R6 players, ARE those who knew the game for what it was.  He speaks of players on the forum.  That would be players like Ace, Wrath, Loudnotes, Bondo, Mauti, and myself.  we are the players (wrath & Mauti especially) who define "old school"  Add a SiX or two and you've got a real game going.

In current r6 games there may be cocky pricks who don't know better.  On the forum the r6 players are cocky pricks because they know better.

And thanks Mauti for that article.  Quality stuff, that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
fotogeek
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2002, 01:48:08 am »

People don't really camp in R6 (fotogeek aside) because it just isn't made for it,

Hey, piss off, it's "Strategic Defensive Positioning"! ?

Yeeeeeeshhhh....
fotogeek
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2002, 01:52:45 am »

the only gods on R6 are some SIXers, SEALs(not Fotogeek),SBR, EUR, DAMN... and don't forget the Janitors... and they don't bitch that much as in RS(except for Fotogeek of course)

OOOooOOOooo, you lippy little bitch, as soon as I figure out who you are, I'm slapping your ass but HARD.

Sheesh, leave for awhile, and everyone gets all lippy. ?As soon as I get some free time, I'll come back and straighten the lot of you out. ?Or, at least, stuff my tent up somewhere reasonably uncomfortable. ?So nyah.
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2002, 10:32:00 am »

OOOooOOOooo, you lippy little bitch, as soon as I figure out who you are, I'm slapping your ass but HARD.

Sheesh, leave for awhile, and everyone gets all lippy. ?As soon as I get some free time, I'll come back and straighten the lot of you out. ?Or, at least, stuff my tent up somewhere reasonably uncomfortable. ?So nyah.

lol Fotogeek, I was only taking advantage on Bondo's post... consider it as a joke, plz... I know you're a great player...
love ya Foto... slap me!!!

btw: unblock all EUR players, so they can join your host again... Wink

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2002, 03:42:28 pm »

Those Dest are talking about when he speaks of R6 players, ARE those who knew the game for what it was.  He speaks of players on the forum.  That would be players like Ace, Wrath, Loudnotes, Bondo, Mauti, and myself.  we are the players (wrath & Mauti especially) who define "old school"  Add a SiX or two and you've got a real game going.

No offense to our super cool website admin Mauti, but I'm more old skool than him if you want to get technical. Wrath still puts us both to shame, but I don't feel bad because he will forever be my nade bitch (oh the good ol days of our stalemates on estate and skyscraper). All this talk of R6 is making me feel nostalgic. I probably should boot up in OS 9 sometime (I always say I do but never get around to it) and bust out the mad R6 skills. Of course, I need to do this before I go back to school because 56k is way better than broadband. It's no fun if your ping isn't over 200.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Bondo
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2002, 04:33:04 pm »

My cable is so bad that I'm lucky to get pings under 300.

Oh, and if you want to go by technicalities, I'm more old-school than Mauti (at least if these technicalities are age or account number).  Not that it really matters.  If you started playing in the first six months of GR you are sufficiently old-school.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2002, 04:45:06 pm »

My cable is so bad that I'm lucky to get pings under 300.

Oh, and if you want to go by technicalities, I'm more old-school than Mauti (at least if these technicalities are age or account number).  Not that it really matters.  If you started playing in the first six months of GR you are sufficiently old-school.

By that definition, only Wrath qualifies. :P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2002, 05:27:12 pm »

All i hear when i read this is all about the port jobs, and the framerates.

First off, the framerrats are going to get slower with any game, as more seqels come out. just look at MoH:AA. If you don't have a 1Gig mac, u can't run it very well etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

Of course RS is gonna be a slower game. it's a sequel. Not that RS graphics are good, but the R6 graphics are even worse, and worse graphics usually means faster frames per second.

And when it comes to c4 and "camping" there is hardly no camping in r6, b/c no one plays it anymore. When i played it back in the day, there was camping gallore and you can;t say there was not b/c just like RS it was the popular game at the time.

Also, yes there are no lag guns in R6, but u can only basically use 2 of the 7 or how ever many guns anyway, b/c if u  use any other there is no chance you are going to hit anyting. You can say blah blah blah Rs and the PDW, but the point is that you can kill ppl with different guns. where as you have either the CAR-15 or M-16 and sometimes the MP5. that's it.,

Now: before I get yelled at, let me qualify my statements...
1) "RS...is a game of connection speed" etc.
Often people say the same is true of R6. ?They are wrong. ?The majority of SEALs players, arguably the second best mac r6 clan to play the game, played on 56ks. ?Ace himself, until he went to college, was the champion of the 56k. ?Needless to say his R6 skills are and always have been better than near everyone on this forum.
2)Plus it it relies too much on camping and tricky tactics.
When a player in R6 camps, cheats, or does any number of immoral acts, an opponent with a far amount of skill can eliminate the offender. ?I have not witnessed such ease in accomplishing this in RS. ?Whether that is ?because the game is flawed or because the RS players arn't as good, I don't know. ?Either way it attests to the superiority of R6
Consider this: RS coems out years after R6. ?nearly everyone whose anyone gets the game at the same time as every RS player who is new to this sort of gaming community. ?It would seem logical that the R6 players would get good at the game quicker than the masses. ?And it is true, they often did! ?Then why is it that most players originally on R6 didnt convert for good to the newer game if they were good at it? ?because it ?wasn't as fun. ?It wasn't as skill-oriented, it lacked a certain something.
Finally, RS players take the game too seriously. ?In R6 whether i was getting ass raped or I was the ass-raper, the game was always fun, there was always glee-filled banter. ? In RS I don't see that. ?Ace might be an ass on the forums, but he's great to play with. ?I may be a haughty little bitch on the forum (and in real life too) but in the game you won't find a player whose had as much fun or committed as many amusing tking atrocities. ?The R6 community has a sort of hazing process to weed out the annoying and dumb-asstical players. ?it makes the community more close-knit, and "1337"
So, that's why R6 players feel superior, it is because they feel their game is superior as it requires more skill and it is more fun. ?
Plus R6 players have been around longer. ?Not only longer than RS players, but longer than the game itself. ?That sort of seniority comes with pride. ?
By the way, according to Bondo's definition Loudnotes, Wrath, him and I are all "elite gods." ?The poor boy needs to get his head checked.

I can fertilize my lawn with the bullshit that this guy wrote. Geez. Thank you C.E.O of Redstorm.

Now to get this back on topic.

I am not saying anything about the game itself, i am just talking about the players. Those who talk on GR and those who post on the forums.

All, i am saying it just seems that they think that they own the place...lol..if that made sense.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2002, 06:25:34 pm »

It would make sense that the R6 players on this forum thinking that they owned the place because it was originally an R6 forum exclusively. Also, I think when you look at the intelligence of most of the R6 players who post on these forums, you don't find some of the retards that play RS. This isn't to say that all the people who play RS are stupid, but take a look at some of the biggest morons to grace this site: Rapid and Romulus. What did they both play? RS, but of course. I rest my case.

Bondo
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2002, 06:26:44 pm »

By that definition, only Wrath qualifies.

GR started Jan. 1st of 2000 so the first 6 months would extend through the end of June of 2000. ?I joined in March and have 21000 number so I'd guess at least 30000 qualify.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2002, 06:31:59 pm »

GR started Jan. 1st of 2000 so the first 6 months would extend through the end of June of 2000.  I joined in March and have 21000 number so I'd guess at least 30000 qualify.

GR started in either June or July of 1999. Version 1.0 was released on Jan 1st of 2000.

Bondo
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2002, 06:36:51 pm »

First off, the framerrats are going to get slower with any game, as more seqels come out. just look at MoH:AA. If you don't have a 1Gig mac, u can't run it very well etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

And when it comes to c4 and "camping" there is hardly no camping in r6, b/c no one plays it anymore. When i played it back in the day, there was camping gallore and you can;t say there was not b/c just like RS it was the popular game at the time.

Also, yes there are no lag guns in R6, but u can only basically use 2 of the 7 or how ever many guns anyway, b/c if u ?use any other there is no chance you are going to hit anyting. You can say blah blah blah Rs and the PDW, but the point is that you can kill ppl with different guns. where as you have either the CAR-15 or M-16 and sometimes the MP5. that's it.,

I can fertilize my lawn with the bullshit that this guy wrote. Geez. Thank you C.E.O of Redstorm.

I am not saying anything about the game itself, i am just talking about the players. Those who talk on GR and those who post on the forums.

1. I play MoHAA with my 466 Mac and get good framerate (mind you with the absolute worst graphical settings) and I also am competitive with every other player Mac or PC.

2. Dest, you must have played with foto too much, I played R6 for two years and with most of the great players and I can tell you that outside of Road and Airport (sniper/camper maps) there was no camping.  And even on Road and Airport the majority of players tried to cross.

3. WTF are you talking about only CAR, MP5, and M-16.  You leave out the HK (the best gun), the Benelli which some can use well, the deagle which has owned many a person when ammo was out on the HK.  R6 is just as varied with how guns work, there just isn't as many.

4. Roy was right on with what he wrote, it was very accurate in explaining the differences between R6 and RS.  You just don't like hearing that RS isn't as skill based.

5. I don't see where you get off claiming that R6 players are so bad in how they act, most of the outrageous, bragging, and stupid comments I hear are from RS players.
Bondo
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2002, 06:39:10 pm »

GR started in either June or July of 1999. Version 1.0 was released on Jan 1st of 2000.

A beta is not a release, so I am still correct, GR officially came out on 1/1/00.  Now bugger off.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2002, 06:42:02 pm »

If it wasn't released until 2000, tell me how Wrath got his account in Nov of 1999 smartass.

Bondo
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2002, 06:45:52 pm »

Simple, he got his account during the beta.  Like I said, betas aren't considered the release of a program.  The release date of the program was 1/1/00.  Bugger...Off. Wink
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2002, 09:12:35 pm »

There are alot of ppl who think full of themselves when making threads on forums, like the guy who made this thread.  Grin

Truth is, they think they are very smart ppl, trying to show us their intellect.  I have one advice to give: You Americans stay in school and make something of yourselves OR end up on the Jerry Springer show.

Anyway wtf do I know, I'm just a factory worker!!  Wink

peace

The King of Pistoleros
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2002, 09:17:55 pm »

omg! jn.preciousroy said SBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wub you =) SBR own3d
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2002, 09:57:59 pm »

Nomad if you weren't a fagget wearing glasses I would drive the hour it takes me to get to Toronto and take a pic me kickin the crap out of you and post it here....lol  Wink

5. I don't see where you get off claiming that R6 players are so bad in how they act, most of the outrageous, bragging, and stupid comments I hear are from RS players.

Did I say BAD?, fuck does no one read the posts b4 they post.

I meant attitude!!! Snobby!!!! Fuck lock this thread already, i don't want to get into it anymore.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Bondo
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2002, 10:11:22 pm »

I was under the impression that you considered acting snobby as a bad thing.  I did read your post...what we have here is a failure to comunicate...it is all about semantics so take it easy.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2002, 05:41:15 am »

About Wrath I don't understand Ace why you think Wrath is THE OLD SKEWLER. He has been around for a long time but I can remember  when I met him the first  time on GR in may 2000(under screenname Wrath of the Eternal Swarm). He joined my euro game and talked bs. I'll kill ya and blablabla. We played a lot of games owning him then he killed me once laughed and disconnected hehe. Well that was the beginning and with the start of *POD*(I know he had some clans before) he became better. He was definitive one of the best players as I consider myself(from 2000 - april 2001, at this time I played R6 like crazy) but in my opinion he never reached the skill of Attila.

In my opinion Attlia was the best single player and old skewler ever. No John Nothing, Krez, Jamiroquai or other players were better as solo player. I hated his damn canadian cable nice pings but.... arg hehe.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads