*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:26:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it just me,or ar R6 players full of themselves?  (Read 8074 times)
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« on: August 03, 2002, 03:49:32 am »

This is an observation.

This could be just me, but when R6 guys post, it seems that they think they are elite gods or something?

I just get that feeling,i don't know why, but i just do.
Nose in the air, ass sticking out while they walk on tippy-toes.

Is this a correct obervation?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 10:21:02 am »

some of the r6 guys do , some don't

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Bondo
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 11:53:25 am »

It depends, if the R6 player is from 2000 (before RS came out) then they are elite gods and have full right to act that way Wink.  If they started playing after that then yes, they are full of themselves.
j47 in spain
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 12:38:58 pm »

STFU!
God, this thread just proves your point DEST.

........then gain, its just an observation.
Destructo
Special Forces

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 01:05:15 pm »

I think they are afraid to upgrade to a better game with a bigger audience and a bigger play base. B/c they know that there the first ones in line to get an ass-kicking.

?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 01:32:37 pm »

Destruco is right. They are afraid to upgrade to RS becuase:
      Embarrassed and  Tongue

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Destructo
Special Forces

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 01:49:15 pm »

Well put and well said.

Bondo
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 03:20:01 pm »

Hey now, I upgraded and indeed ?Tongue

Since I ?Embarrassed ?so much I decided to give up on RS.

Besides, RS was such a shitty port job it didn't work on my comp very well.

All this doesn't change that I'm an elite god, christ j47 can't you take a fucking joke (assuming you were telling me to shut up).

The fact of the matter is that RS and R6 are entirely different games. R6 is action, RS is stealth and strategy.  Some people do better in one then the other and enjoy one more than the other so you shouldn't just assume everyone should be good at both, or that someone is a better player because they are good at both.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2002, 04:18:08 pm »

bondo... you wanna talk about a shitty port job...
R6, that game has never sucessfully loaded on my G4... i did get it to run once... only i had to pull my Geforce3 out and pop a PCI voodoo 5 in, and even like that the game played without textures, and at 5fps. i did reinstall it and try to fix R6, but it never has worked.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Destructo
Special Forces

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2002, 04:45:56 pm »

Bondo, don't backpeddel to hard...

A shiity port job? Obviously your probably the only person who has ever had a problem with it. If you wanna talk shitty, u wanna talk R6 b/c most of us had problems running it, including myself.

And i disagree- Rs has way more action. R6 is just a test of who can properly aim the best unrealistic gun shot.

Bondo
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 05:30:22 pm »

Well, R6 runs at about 150 fps for me and has been fairly solid (crashes a decent amount though when I play in 9).

RS on the other hand ran like shit whether I was playing SP or MP.  I had all the computer I needed to play it yet it still ran poorly.

And R6 is more action packed because it is simple run and shoot.  No leaning around walls, no reticle knock making ping more important.  It was just guys with mgs prefiring each other.  People don't really camp in R6 (fotogeek aside) because it just isn't made for it, compare that with RS which has C4 camping, HBS blocker camping.  Camping is the name of the game.  So don't tell me RS is more of an action game.

So, I'm not backpeddling at all, I still say RS was a shitty port job (far worse than R6) and I still say R6 was more of an action game and that RS by taking away the action screwed up a good thing.  Even on MoH where leaning is an option, I still don't bother with it most of the time, it may keep me from being as good as I can but it is more fun not caring.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2002, 05:58:32 pm »

yes its true
(spam curtisy of Farmerjebidia)

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Precious_Roy
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2002, 06:57:50 pm »

I am an R6 player.  I upgraded to rs.  Relized that it lagged like your mom, and didnt play it again.

I also am full of myself.  I believe I am an elite god.  

R6 is a game of skill.  If you know the map, have quick reactions and good accuracy, you will become good at the game.

RS is also a game of skill, but less so.  It is a game of connection speed, a game of RAM and VRAM.  Essentially, the better equipped the better you are.  Plus it it relies too much on camping and tricky tactics.

Now: before I get yelled at, let me qualify my statements...

1) "RS...is a game of connection speed" etc.

Often people say the same is true of R6.  They are wrong.  The majority of SEALs players, arguably the second best mac r6 clan to play the game, played on 56ks.  Ace himself, until he went to college, was the champion of the 56k.  Needless to say his R6 skills are and always have been better than near everyone on this forum.

2)Plus it it relies too much on camping and tricky tactics.

When a player in R6 camps, cheats, or does any number of immoral acts, an opponent with a far amount of skill can eliminate the offender.  I have not witnessed such ease in accomplishing this in RS.  Whether that is  because the game is flawed or because the RS players arn't as good, I don't know.  Either way it attests to the superiority of R6

Consider this: RS coems out years after R6.  nearly everyone whose anyone gets the game at the same time as every RS player who is new to this sort of gaming community.  It would seem logical that the R6 players would get good at the game quicker than the masses.  And it is true, they often did!  Then why is it that most players originally on R6 didnt convert for good to the newer game if they were good at it?  because it  wasn't as fun.  It wasn't as skill-oriented, it lacked a certain something.

Finally, RS players take the game too seriously.  In R6 whether i was getting ass raped or I was the ass-raper, the game was always fun, there was always glee-filled banter.   In RS I don't see that.  Ace might be an ass on the forums, but he's great to play with.  I may be a haughty little bitch on the forum (and in real life too) but in the game you won't find a player whose had as much fun or committed as many amusing tking atrocities.  The R6 community has a sort of hazing process to weed out the annoying and dumb-asstical players.  it makes the community more close-knit, and "1337"

So, that's why R6 players feel superior, it is because they feel their game is superior as it requires more skill and it is more fun.  

Plus R6 players have been around longer.  Not only longer than RS players, but longer than the game itself.  That sort of seniority comes with pride.  

By the way, according to Bondo's definition Loudnotes, Wrath, him and I are all "elite gods."  The poor boy needs to get his head checked.
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2002, 07:16:16 pm »

I still play both....
and i agree on you Bondo, R6 runs faster, RS is a bit crapy.. (btw: i mis my CAR-15 in RS)

but thats not the point here...
R6 has become a "cult-game" and thank God R6 has no SA HBS or jammer, lag-guns and that horrible thing called:C4... Grin
i compare these 2 games with the movies:Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs is the cult movie and Pulp Fiction is just a crapy sequel...

the only gods on R6 are some SIXers, SEALs(not Fotogeek),SBR, EUR, DAMN... and don't forget the Janitors... and they don't bitch that much as in RS(except for Fotogeek of course)

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Bondo
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2002, 08:04:18 pm »

I love it when you talk dirty roy...about ass raping...and about R6 and such...

Ahem, anyway I'm am quite sure roy and The Beast have put thier fingers upon it...
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2002, 09:06:46 pm »

Dest sorry but RS is a crappy port. Compare it with the PC version. It is very slow and needs a huge amount of RAM.

I waited very long until I played RS regular because I prefered the fast action in R6. RS is much more teamplay orientated and is also slower than R6 to force tactical teamplay.

Both games are played very different. In R6 you can rush and kill 6 and more people alone in a room. With RS you probably die very fast doing the same movement. And one thing about the guns Dest. I was in the Army and shot over 22000 shots with my Steyr Aug, MG 74, PAR 66/79, PAR 77, Glock 17, ?SMG 12.7mm and MK 2cm. In real it is much easier to hit a target. R6 guns are more realistic. The AUG has almost no recoil and shoots perfect. With a pdw you could never snipe as you can in RS. RS is only more realistic if it comes to walk/run differences(except pdw) It is damn difficult to hit something while you run even when the target is only 50 meters away.(This part of the AUG is ok the rest is crap)

Also I strongly miss the original R6 network code. In RS you can't prefire(I speak of real prefire if you only play RS you can't understand what I am speaking about) anymore. That was a great tactic and was a sign of skill.Also with prefire you could better handle lag.

That are all reasons why I played very long R6 instead of the newer RS. Now I also have fun playing RS because I don't try it to play as R6 anymore.

I have found a very interesting article why R6 will still be play although RS is out at Pie Tactics:

"...The differences in the Rogue Spear gameplay turned off many Rainbow Six gamers to the sequel.?

If you've followed the development of Rogue Spear from the beta stages to the final date of release, you've probably heard about the heated discussions between players who argued for the gameplay of Rainbow Six versus the slowed gameplay of Rogue Spear. Specifically, the running speeds (or at least the feel) of players was reduced, the 3 burst was slowed by a delay, and in general, the controls were more stiff in their feel. All these points are highly subjective, but that was exactly the problem. Because the gameplay issues are so subjective and different from the original Rainbow Six gameplay, players were easily turned off from Rogue Spear. What's worse, the beta leaked out in late June, and so a LOT of players got the chance to play the first beta. As the name implies, the beta was an unfinished version of the game, and had a lot of bugs. However, the changes in the gameplay was there. I played this beta (since I was reviewing it) and was absolutely shocked and disappointed in the changes. Word quickly spread that RSE had messed with the gameplay, which R6 players had grown so accustomed to, and the response was highly negative in many circles of the R6 community, especially the Zone. So, RSE lost a lot of potential customers because of not only the change in gameplay but because players relied on word-of-mouth or illegal beta copies to make their decision...
"

Click on Pie Tactics above to read the full article.

Back to topic I don't think that R6 players are more full of themselves as RS players.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2002, 10:12:38 pm »

R6 players arent full of themselves...they have the same feelings to most RS people as us older RS people have to RS newbies...

Anyway, I am sort of jealous of them because I never got the hang of R6 and consistantly got my ass handed to me on a silver platter...but I cant say the same about RS.

If you think about it, clans like Cunt, *NADS, and their predecessors turned RS into a game of kill the Cub Scout because of all the campfire camping, etc.

Beast: Don't whine, the M4 carbine is the equivalent to the old CAR-15 of R6.

For the rest of you: If you hate tactics and slower gameplay, STAY AWAY FROM GHOST RECON. If you thought RS was slow, Ghost Recon is 10-20x slower yet more fufilling and exciting than both R6 and RS. If needed though, I can provide screenshots of the game, etc on request (I would have posted them on the *DAMN site for A&S, but it has a 200kb cap and my screens are 800-900kb each.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2002, 10:29:44 pm »

Well in my opinion i think R6 is a much better game

Reasons to like R6:
R6 is much faster gameplay and RS is much slower and tactics taht you use are way difernt

You dont have to deal with all the HBS/HBS jammer/SAHBS jammer/SAHBS/HB Pucks and all the other crap that makes the game to complicated

It runs like a bitch on my comp and freezes

Reasons to like RS:

Sniping: sniping is by far the coolest thing in RS

ummm c4

And just cause im not a super under 20000 dosnt mean that im a newb

Just cause i own u at r6 bondo

Wink

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
Bondo
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2002, 10:42:01 pm »

Well, maybe I can get into GR even though I hated RS simply because I have a feeling GR will actually run.

SK, everyone can own me in R6 now, I'm a MoH whore who doesn't bother to boot up into OS 9 to play R6.
NiXon / ViRuS

who?s contorling the Gee??

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2002, 12:13:33 am »

I think the new R6 players THINK that they are god because they dont know any better.

They have no idea how ?the game was played in the day! ?{old skewl}

Only real ppl left that play that game and know are the Six guys and a few other rare gems!

I play now and then and they(the new guys) talk alot of shit, ?true very true and I can see why this thread was made!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads