*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:54:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  a legimate complaint
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a legimate complaint  (Read 4388 times)
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« on: August 10, 2002, 12:56:50 am »

i posted this in the spam box too, but since nobody really reads that, i'll repost it here

CANT YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL THE INCESSANT BITCHING AND MOANING!

ever since grifter died, we havent had a single sane, well orginased, well behaved thread that contended and issue. Any thing that was contested has broken down into spam or bitching about rapid.

STOP IT ALREADY!!!  cant you see that you are getting out of hand Huh

god damnit, i'm looking at this thread  and i'm seeing 2 multi post spams on the same page! jesus christ prople, have some fucking decency! THE REPLY WINDOW TAKES A MINIUTE TO LOAD FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

all of you (there are a few notable exceptiona, and NO you are not one of them) need to grow either a brain or some common sence, because the rampant stupitity and ignorance is simply astounding.

what happened to you people?
somebody neads to smack the lot of you upside the head. maybe then you will understand how low you have really sunk. i seriously doubt that however. because realization requires a minute degree of intelligence. a quality that all but a precious few here lack.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 01:34:07 am »

i am behind you 100%, all i hear is bitching about rapid,and stupid spam from SK,and rapid. back and forth back and forth. same as on GR people come out of no were and start picking on him as if he was at the keybord. clans have no respect for other clans now a days. it's a shame it got like this. then i join games.. i go in to play and have fun. then a clan come in and asks another clan 40 times to CB and starts trash talking, people get booted and the host quits the game and what not. can't people take no for an answer?! my god....then when you own another clan's person or kill them all i hear is "BS!!, omg you cheat, you have an aimbot!!, and wtf F U" this was never like this, not even close. it's getting to the point that i hate to play RS because of the stupid people.

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 01:41:33 am »

i posted this in the spam box too, but since nobody really reads that, i'll repost it here

CANT YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL THE INCESSANT BITCHING AND MOANING!

ever since grifter died, we havent had a single sane, well orginased, well behaved thread that contended and issue. Any thing that was contested has broken down into spam or bitching about rapid.

STOP IT ALREADY!!! ?cant you see that you are getting out of hand Huh

god damnit, i'm looking at this thread ?and i'm seeing 2 multi post spams on the same page! jesus christ prople, have some fucking decency! THE REPLY WINDOW TAKES A MINIUTE TO LOAD FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

all of you (there are a few notable exceptiona, and NO you are not one of them) need to grow either a brain or some common sence, because the rampant stupitity and ignorance is simply astounding.

what happened to you people?
somebody neads to smack the lot of you upside the head. maybe then you will understand how low you have really sunk. i seriously doubt that however. because realization requires a minute degree of intelligence. a quality that all but a precious few here lack.

well brain some ppl see the spam thread as a place for good conversation and advice (like yourself) while others just use it to rack up posts. just ignore them. when they hit a large number the mods will probly delete there posts.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 01:41:49 am »

I'm getting really tired of being begged for cbs also. ?This is not all clans but some of them constantly bother me. ?They beg me to host a cb when I'm tired and don't feel like playing with my comp which is messing up. ?Just leave us alone. ?Take no for an answer once in a while. ?Just because we say no doesn't mean you should start bitching and saying we are afraid. ?Maybe another time but just please leave us alone. ?Also all of this crap with Rapid and SK is going to end soon. ?SK doesn't know what he has coming to him. Wink ?Don't worry SK it's not too bad but HaZard seems to have the right idea, also all of this fighting with Rapid is soon going to be deleted if anything else comes up so just stop trying to do it. ?I also can't believe that when I lock a thread you guys bring it to the battle league main page. ?Can't you just argue between the 2 of you on gr and leave everyone else out of it. ?That doesn't mean in the main gr chat. ?That means in a pm, but really guys grow up and just stop it. ?Call a truce or just ignore each other.  If I don't like a person I don't talk to them or hang out with them.  I don't go out of my way to bother them and start with them.  I completely pretend that they aren't there. ?Is that so hard to do?

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 01:49:08 am »

Yes. It is so hard because if one tries not to fight the other provokes him. its an endless circle of yelling. kind of like rapid's moms bedroom. j/k rapid thats just an example. (dont take it seriously.)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 01:49:56 am »

Yes, brain you are right. Stop calling rapid a Bitch it isn't proper for scholarly men to call lesser edjucated people bitches Grin (just kidding, rapid this is a JOKE O...K...) but really enough spam, enough "i hate rapid for no damn reason" crap. It's getting way out of hand nice sensible topics would be a nice change.

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 04:38:16 am »

well brian,
after grift passed, i noticed that rapid took my clan ?(uNt? and kos off ignore. i'm just glad that a enemy of his had the heart to honor him like rapid did. rapid, i'm not joking when i say, i liked your dedication to him

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2002, 08:39:54 am »

It's not like Rapid, or many of you learned anything from Grifter, or his passing Jeb.  You guys are bitching more and saying less.

It's easy to say nice things after someone has passed away, really easy.  Try saying those things to someone that is still here.  Try not being a bunch of asses to one another.  If you want to debate, do it with skill and logic, not name calling and cheap insults.

I say this to a some of you.  Don't bring up Grifter to ligitamize things.  Talk about respecting him now when never showing him respect in life is just lip service, and insulting.  If you really respect the man and what he stood for, you'd all try to take a little bit of that into yoursleves.  

Rapid, Typhy, if you two actually do respect him, then you'd try to change some of those things he hated.  Like the petty bickering that you two seem to start (reading here, and not knowing all the people, what I do notice is most of the anti-Rapid bashing goes on after Rapid has posted somthing really cockey or insulting in his own right.)  Typhy, when it's obvious to everyone in the world why people gang up on Rapid, defending him just makes you look stupid.  Try solving the problem.  Rapid's posts are full of insults, which is a big part of the problem.  And you don't defend yourself by picking fights with everyone and anyone like that, because you are just putting gas on a fire.

Most of the rest of you, Grifter never just jumped in to insult someone.  If Rapid, or Romulus, or anyone else was getting bashed, Grifter only jumped in if he had an actual point to make.  "Yea, same here!" or "STFU you ASSHOLE", or any posts that just say the same thing are not worthy.  So you don't like the guy.  That's ok.  Grifter didn't seem to like him either.  But Grifter never jumped on someone with a reason, or without explaining it.  And it made sense.  Many of you are turning this place into a 5th grade school yard, where everyone gangs up on the fat kid, just to fit in.  If you are pissed at him for stealing and eating your lunch, then say so, but just running around him screaming "fatty, fatty" is childish and stupid.

To a few others, I'm sorry for going off here.  There have been a few of you that don't need to be preached to about Grifter, but I think you know who you are, and can ignore this. You are the ones that actually thought of him and his.  And you are the ones that he called friends.  I'm sorry, but to see the word "dedication" related to Grifter just rubbed me the wrong way completely.  I don't expect many to actually be dedicated to him, it's not human nature, and you didn't know him like we did.  But talking about dedication like that just burned my ass hair.  Sorry.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2002, 08:50:26 am »

Yea, same here!

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2002, 10:55:20 am »

Yes, brain you are right. Stop calling rapid a Bitch it isn't proper for scholarly men to call lesser edjucated people bitches Grin (just kidding, rapid this is a JOKE O...K...) but really enough spam, enough "i hate rapid for no damn reason" crap. It's getting way out of hand nice sensible topics would be a nice change.

funny how u spell educated wrong........

~ Einstein
Bondo
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2002, 12:14:55 pm »

Well, the thing that really helped the debate theads is the Grifter and I were both really active, and really differing in thought.  While there are some frequent posters who are of more common thought with me politically, there aren't many conservative leaning ones that post often (Ace...where are you when we need you).

Is there anything important in the news of late that would be something that could support a good debate so we can see how bad the forums have become?
*DAMN Alex
*DAMN

BUCK FUTTER!!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2002, 12:37:37 pm »

Hey Brain if you soo tired of all the bitching and crying then just go join the macclan forum. Originaly created by Grifter and then moved onto Deadeye. It's a small forum right now and no one has dropped spam or bitching.

I've got to ask you, about the Penis Mightier. No No thats the pen is mightier Mr. Connery
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2002, 01:23:38 pm »

I miss Grifter maybe he would have had an answer to my computer problem.  But his debates with Bondo really kept threads and knowledge growing. Sad

jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2002, 02:21:26 pm »

My reactions and observations (and I'm always right)

1. ?This has been a problem since before Grifter, only he helped to contain it by active moderating. ?We could use more of that

2. ?Buccaneer is exactly right

2.5 ?Losemoney obviously didn't read buccaneers post completely. ?While he professes to agree, he did exactly what Buccaneer reprimanded - making a worthless post that merely states his concurrence.

3. ?Brain is exactly right but contributes to the problem and thus cheapens his own impact.

4. ?There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Hazard to quote Brain, except for (see #8) ?This contributes to ridiculous reply load times

5. ?It's probably a blessing in disguise though if people can't reply as quickly and easily. ?When I'm on a 56k connect, I don't reply often - only when I have a well-thought and relevant comment to make. ?On faster connections, however, it is very tempting to post quickly simply because you can

6. ?The forum has too many active members now. ?It isn't really set up to handle the volume of activity it is receiving.

7. ?Bondo is exactly right.

8. ?People are stupid. ?Any large gathering of people will contain a fair number of dumbasses. ?However, since this is a place to speak one's mind (or lack thereof), the dumbasses tend to be very vocal. ?In fact, one of the elements of their stupidity is an inability to shut up.

None of this is likely to change by bitching about it. ?I know - I've tried! ?What we really need for a while is extremely tight moderatorship. ?If people start seeing all their worthless posts deleted, it may help them to start thinking more carefully about them.

Of course, if you have bad moderators that are overzealous, excellent posts like this might easily be lost in the fray.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2002, 05:14:04 pm »

3. ?Brain is exactly right but contributes to the problem and thus cheapens his own impact.

i dont know if you noticed, but i'm posting alot less and i personaly think that i have made very few useless posts as of late
i used to be really bad, but i am actively trying to be better

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2002, 05:25:56 pm »

Well, where to start? There seems to be a lot of crap that needs to be sorted out.

Morons. Unfortunately, their population is growing at an unprecedented rate. Frankly, I don't really want to read anything on these forums anymore unless it is posted by one of a small handful of people I have respect for. Every other thread seems dedicated to "OMG CLAN XYZ IS A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES" or Rapid and SK flirting with each other. I do my best to moderate away the idiocy, but there is only so much moderators can do. This brings me to my next point...

Moderators. Lately, it seems like the moderators cannot keep up with the forums, myself included. I know that I work a 40 hour work week and spend most of the weekend partying, which doesn't leave as much free time on the computer as usual. When I am on, I always check the forums, but usually there is so much bullshit to wade through that I sometimes don't even get to posting what I want to say because I am sick of it all. Assassin and Infection have been doing well, but I think they need to be more aggressive. Go ahead and delete a post or lock a thread if you feel it is necessary. Given the current state, no one is going to get on your case if you are stricter than normal.

Grifter. I couldn't agree more than with what Bucaneer has said. A lot of people here have things about GRIFT and how great he was in their sig and such, but few people seem to actually take this to heart. He was a genuinely good guy who all of us could learn a lesson or two or hundred from.

Reading. Does everyone here know how to read and keep up with current events, or did I lose my mind? While this is an R6/RS forum, there was always more to the General Gossip than just being 100% GR bullshit. This could be a wide variety of topics: political dealings, computer (especially Apple) happennings, sports, etc. Let's see if we can make this a more enjoyable place to come.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2002, 05:30:55 pm »

just a small question, are you all getting on my case because i said that after grifter died things got bad, or did that just remind you of something you wanted to say something about

if it's the first case, i'm really sorry

addendum:

i've been out on the lake for 2 hours and i was thinking about this and wanted to get this off my mind before i forget it

loud said that he had bitched about the pissing an moaning before, and nothing happened. well, i'm suggesting that we as a community DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

the moderators are not supposed to be a net to catch every sammy little post that comes to your brain. we need to control our selves as well.  why should they have to work any harder because you cant bite your tounge once in a while?

if that doesn't work, maybe we need another moderator. it doesnt matter who, just someone

*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2002, 08:52:36 pm »

2.5 ?Losemoney obviously didn't read buccaneers post completely. ?While he professes to agree, he did exactly what Buccaneer reprimanded - making a worthless post that merely states his concurrence.

Well loud notes that was exactly my intention, it was you ?who didn't ?read bucaneers post completely because he said :

Grifter only jumped in if he had an actual point to make. ?"Yea, same here!" or "STFU you ASSHOLE", or any posts that just say the same thing are not worthy.

My reply was:

Yea, same here!

I wasn't trying to back up bucaneer and brains argument, the "same here" was me hinting that, bitching about people not making intellegent posts is absolutley futile. ? People will always insult eachother in childish ways, no one likes to be insulted, or to be defeated in an argument and their way of getting vengence is by insulting the other party. ?Yes it is immature, but what gives you the right to call these people stupid, who do you think you are (this is not directed solely to you loudnotes, but all those who think they are so high and mighty compared to us noobs). ?
Also people get pissed of when SK and rapid or |insert name here| and rapid argue for threads and threads, yes it is annoying but you do have the option TO NOT READ THESE POSTS. ?Usually you can tell from the first 2 words of a post that there is about to be a flaming. ?And if I'm not mistaken on the description of general gossip it says: News, rumors, greetings, QUARRELS

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
*DAMN Snake
*DAMN [SF]

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2002, 10:44:53 pm »

That is all true. I had fixed an issue between AK and *NADS. so rapid decided to post someting about *NADS, saying somthing about figthing fire with fire. anyways the issue was SOLVED. Then both sides and a few people started to argue back and forth in about 3 threads. People use the fourms as a way to send insults to another person so every one can see all the bs. i understand if they have a legitimate argument but whats all this BS about the scrolling icon?! i mean common this is totaly pointless.

*DAMN Snake   Roll Eyes

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.  *DAMN Snake

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."           in memory of grifter....may he R.I.P.
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2002, 11:58:01 pm »

Well Ace I have been trying pretty hard to keep some of this stuff away but I will start being a little more agressive.  Some of this bullshit will be instantly locked and offtopic posts will be deleted.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads