*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:22:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  Minor Bug
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Minor Bug  (Read 2692 times)
58th_Razor

FNG

« on: December 18, 2003, 04:43:46 am »

Nicely done Gang, this mod was well worth the wait.  One minor bug found: no aiming reticule on the M4 AN/PEQ2.  Damn fine work Gentlemen, again, nicely done.

opp
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 07:39:02 am »

I just wonder about the AT-4. Is it suppose to be on the left arm of the demo guy ?
Rob Hutton
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 08:51:17 pm »

Awesome!!! The skins are so sweet!!
I am having trouble with the bridge/damn mission map... the visuals are not coming up for me, I see the reticule, and the silouhette of the bridge but no scene texture or bad guys... the other maps work fine. I also have trouble when I try to start a new campaign.. the first mission laod screen comes up, but when it's ready to run the program crashes and I end up back at my desktop. The other missions run OK if I play in single mission mode (apart form the ones that require the bridge/damn map). Any suggestions?  Huh
Peanut_Budder

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 11:58:56 pm »

well worth the months in wait!!

yes, i do see some bugs too. the AT4 in the demo guy needs to have th launcher on his back, and sometimes, you cant hear the AK-47S

also, this may just be a minor mission bug but, sometimes, the prez in mission 1 dies right when the mission starts
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »

Rob Hutton: Alter your video settings for the game, I've never heard of any of those types of problems happening. Also make sure you're patched to version 1.3 or 1.4 for Ghost recon.

Peanut: As for that damn LAW, It'll be fixed in the next real patch. I can't release 20 patches so I'm just going to wait until I can get a decent amount of issue together in one patch. As for the Karzai mission, once in a blue the DELTA team won't be able to hold off the tangos and they'll get to karzai. In the opening cinematic, you can see part of the firefight between them. Just retry it if that happens.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

AlphaZero

Yeah, that.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 11:22:04 pm »

Is there supposed to be a custom reticule for the mark 23 sd or is it supposed to be default GR? Personally, I loved the crosshairs from Navy Seals 2.1 =)

"I don't want some teenage queen, I just want my M16"
Rob HUtton
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 11:56:40 pm »

Rob Hutton: Alter your video settings for the game, I've never heard of any of those types of problems happening. Also make sure you're patched to version 1.3 or 1.4 for Ghost recon.

Thanks, Cocobolo.. the campaign crash seems to have resolved itself(!!!). I will look at the video settings.. I just uploaded a video driver upgrade that might be the issue on Mission 3:Pipedream (tho all the others work...). Great job...

Was the game primarily designed for MP? which servers are running this mod??

R
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 12:56:50 am »

MP was not the primary concern with this mod's development. I reccommend at least a 64MB video card to play this mod, and at least 256MB RAM.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

58th_Razor

FNG

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 02:16:40 pm »

Hey Rob, I'm having the same problem with map#3, my system is as follows:

AMD Athlon 850
ATI 9000 128 meg
256 Ram.

I have tried changing various settings on my card to know avail, if you find a solution let me know, I'll do the same.  I LOVE THIS MOD DAWG!!!

F_hgag? Baleine
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 04:49:35 pm »

I'm having the same problem with map#3 too  Sad

XP2000+
Ati 9800 pro (last driver with standart setting)
512 Ram
GR 1.4 with IDF   Cheesy
Cocobolo,u are the King of the skins  Wink
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2003, 05:03:28 pm »

Thank you. Please don't run other mods with NED!!!

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

bfg750
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 01:31:23 am »

Incredible mod!

I am having the same vision problem with map 3. I am also running an ATI card (Radeon 9700 Pro).  Is anyone having this problem that is not running a Radeon card?
58th_Razor

FNG

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 04:35:31 am »

I'm pretty sure the problem with map #3 is isolated to Radeon users, a friend of mine also has a 9800 and he's having problems with the map.  I've played with settings to no avail.  If anybody has any ideas, please report it here.  "COCOBOLO HAS ANYBODY TOLD YOU WHAT AN OUTSTANDING MOD THIS IS".   Damn this is sweet, Go Coco, it's yo birthday, Go Coco.......yeah baby yeah...........

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 06:45:04 am »

map 3 doing the same but im not using a radion card.using a voodoo5500
Tim Leary:SOG

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2003, 06:05:33 pm »

MP was not the primary concern with this mod's development.

GREAT.....  BUT Why is that exactly?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 07:56:33 pm »

GREAT.....  BUT Why is that exactly?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Well truthfully, none of our mods, maybe with the exception of Expert Handgun, were designed with Multiplayer as the primary concern. Not that they should not work fine in MP, they should, but when you set out to make a mod for MP you're going to gear the mod towards that style of play, and include features that are designed to enhance that side of things more. This is a huge mod, and the silent majority of GR players play SP, so that's what I dealt with most.

I'm not slighting the MP player, I do understand that the mission cinematics that I considered essential for the SP experience can cause problems with MP, so what's the trade off? My solution would be to see if I can eliminate tham from the MP side while retaining them for the Sp side. I wouldn't pull them out altogether because that would detract from the SP side.

All other GR missions are playable with NED, including the firefghts, etc, and all GR missions have brand new enemies and skill levels. That was done solely to enhance the MP experience. There are also numerous MP-only characters in the mod which can't be accessed in SP. But overall, as far as the missions are concerned, the focus was to have a current, realistic campaign to play through in single player for the best immersion. Take a look at the mod overall, you can see that the whole thing is to make you feel like you're involved in something big.

Version 1.3 patch fixes all crash issues in MP associated with kit selection. Thanks for taking the time to post about your concerns.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads