*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:30:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GhR help?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR help?  (Read 1560 times)
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« on: December 01, 2005, 05:24:15 am »

okay okay okay, so i know its an old game, but i wanna play online. i install, and update and everything. i even go as far as to locate and install island thunder. i go to join my first GameRanger game and as soon as i get to wait screen it quits back to the game room. no message, no nothing other than the message "<Aborted Game>" i can figure it out. i have well over the tech specs, i have updated all the way to 1.0.3

i didnt think iguard was for GhR but i suppose this might be a problem? please help im frusterated and confused. thanx in advance.

- Fixed a typo.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 05:36:37 am by Civic » Logged

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:35:34 am »

You probably forgot to install the latest *DAMN mappack, pretty much all GhR servers on GameRanger use it.

http://www.damnr6.com/mods/grdblfinalmp10.zip

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
The Golden Shark

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:08 am »

thnx... im gonna try it right now. but i have another question: even though i run on all high settings there is like dot pattern in all the textures of the game. lol i cant figure this one out either. could it be because i run in wide screen?

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:48:24 am »

yep first problem sounds like a mod (the DBL one as civic noted) as for the dot pattern... does sound a little odd and you could try using a non widescreen monitor.. changing res's. sounds like a graphics card drivers type problemo ish though

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
The Golden Shark

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 02:04:32 am »

hmm im on a 17in pb (first gen). i guess no one else has had this problem, its not THAT bad, its just a bit annoying.

[a] ferret

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 08:03:08 pm »

Ghost Recon is pretty old.. the pixelation is normal.. however it can be controlled. If you have a pb with an ati chip set download the latest ATI displays from http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21573 after installation go to sys prefs then ati displays. Click the "3D" button on the left column and add ghost recon to the list and look for a setting called FSAA. Adjust accordingly.

[a] LYNX
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 12:46:52 pm »

the problem could come from setting the texture quality to 16bit instead of 32 bit. just check your graphic settings again. the resolutions exist twice: one for 16bit and one for 32bit - just scroll down to find your powerbooks resolution with 32bit color.

[a] LYNX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads