*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:23:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Ghost Recon Host advantage?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon Host advantage?  (Read 2479 times)
Dark uk

« on: July 27, 2005, 05:09:11 pm »

Hey,

Just wondering if there is such thing as host advantage in Ghost recon apart from lag?

For example, Today I was playing in Maily's room and I shot Tin which ended the game. I then saw Tin write "he wasn't on map, its your most advantage."

Dos this mean that the host can see more on map in Ghost Recon?

Thanks,

Dark uk.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 05:17:21 pm »

that's because of the lag also, the host can see people on the map a bit earlier, not more. the only advantage the host had and has is that he doesn't have a ping and therefore no delay at all.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Dark uk

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:21:16 pm »

Ok, thanks.
jerkasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 08:05:55 am »

tin complaings about host advantage a lot anyways. It doesn't help that he's in denmark or somewhere around there.
{E} Ive

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 07:45:44 pm »

knowing were the nemy is half the batle maybe for champion games a neutral host should be used
cO.libre

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 10:12:50 pm »

host advantage isn't really the biggest deal at all.
the only thing the host might have a real advantage at is, ilke civic said, seeing the map half a second earlier. this split second isn't going to decide a game or even a whole cb for that matter so don't get your panties in a bunch over it.

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
{E} Ive

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 10:17:45 pm »

I think its more then a split secound mag is {E}s main host and is always yellin grid numbers on voice for guys on map that show up a bit later or dont ever show up. I have noticed in my hosting this week that when I hit map i have people asking were at offten. Ill try not get my panties in a bunch leen but i think its more of a advantage then ya think
cO.libre

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 08:09:21 am »

I think its more then a split secound mag is {E}s main host and is always yellin grid numbers on voice for guys on map that show up a bit later or dont ever show up

that's because at that instant some one's crosshairs passed over a guy and mag had his map up ..

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 08:07:14 pm »

Back when core played GhR we did tests to see how much of an advantage the host had.

What we did was put down some HBs and have one of our guys walk towards them and as soon as they showed up on the hosts map he would shout out and that person would stop dead and then we would wait and see if he showed up on our maps too. But what happened was that person would only show up on the map if they moved closer to the HB.

So we came to the conclusion that the host did have an advantage and it appeared to be extra range. I remember usually noticing this most on maps like Stronghold and Ghost Town where this host advantage really made a difference.
Archon MkIV

f00.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 11:47:28 am »

I think its more then a split secound mag is {E}s main host and is always yellin grid numbers on voice for guys on map that show up a bit later or dont ever show up

that's because at that instant some one's crosshairs passed over a guy and mag had his map up ..

Wrong. The host is able to see enemies on his command map that do not appear on the other players' command maps.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 11:53:15 am »

Not really, only maybe a split second earlier sometimes. What you mean is when an enemy appears only for a split second on the map, then the info doesn't make it to all other teammembers. Most of the times the host doesn't notice it anyway.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
cO.twist

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 01:58:57 pm »

Wrong. The host is able to see enemies on his command map that do not appear on the other players' command maps.

actually...that is right..the host doesn't see people on map that other people don't see.  are you kidding me?
Archon MkIV

f00.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 03:18:09 pm »

actually...that is right..the host doesn't see people on map that other people don't see.  are you kidding me?

If the enemy is visible for only a split second, and both the host and another player are viewing the command map, only the host will see the enemy on the command map.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 05:09:39 am »

If the enemy is visible for only a split second, and both the host and another player are viewing the command map, only the host will see the enemy on the command map.
ummm... no?
sometimes in other peoples hosts I can see the enemy on the map either before or just because I'm looking at the map at the right time... I highly doubt that the host always has this advantage you speak of. I can believe it on overly laggy servers... but I rarely even see this on euro servers. Some people just like to complain about lag a lot after they're killed.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 11:43:42 am »

guys have u ever heard the host say map map u watch it and u dont see any blinks !!!! why Huh cause if the blink is faster than the lag only the host can see it !!!!!! think about that !!!! that is a big advantage
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 11:55:50 am »

guys have u ever heard the host say map map u watch it and u dont see any blinks !!!! why

Well unless your giving the host's character a piggy back in the game, then his character is in a different location and will therefore not see exactly the same as u - and thus also not pick up exactly the same info as you on the map.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
ghost.fr

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 06:21:22 pm »

if the host is in my team i should see the same things??
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 08:13:20 pm »

do u mean if your dead and your looking throiugh his body - or do you mean if your both playing on the same team and alive then u should both see exactly the same?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
ghost.fr

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 10:01:18 pm »

yes second

and in that case i should see if he has someone on map blinking but what i understood is that if it blink faster than the lag then i dont see it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads