*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:12:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  VERY POOR FPS IN RAVEN SHIELD MAC
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VERY POOR FPS IN RAVEN SHIELD MAC  (Read 1742 times)
Mushman_
« on: December 28, 2003, 11:27:22 pm »

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I need help badly!  I am getting an average of 10-15 FPS.  MY system specs are:

Dual G4 867
1.25GB of RAM
Radeon 9000

Thanks!
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 11:49:33 pm »

Perhaps you should check out one of the other various 35 threads scattered throughout the forums. . .

Tone down your graphics settings, turn down your resolution ( although, I see no difference between 1152x768 and 896x600 on my ATI 9000 ).

Other than that, look around and take a look at the other suggestions.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:35:00 am »

Dual G4 867
1.25GB of RAM
Radeon 9000

I would assume that there's something wrong if you are getting bad FPS with those specs. RvS takes advantage of dual processors, and with over a gig of ram, and a good video card, you should definitely be getting decent FPS. I don't think it's a simple matter of turning down the graphics, etc. Run some tests, see what you can come up with.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
[[EUR]] HoloGram

Don't worry be happy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 11:47:12 am »

On PC side I would say, your Proc. is to slow and your graficscard to bad -
On the mac side I say - your Grafixcard is to slow - the ATI 9000 is lowend, and has problems with high textures in the games. Also the CPU is not the big deal. But it still belongs on your gametipe.

Bad FPS in Single or MP player?

For single, then its is also the CPU b/c u need much power for the KI.
For MP, this problems also exists on PC ad there is no real sollution for it, FPS go down, but with a better Grafixcad you should get more FPS (  a new CPU would help, too )

Greetings,

Holo

veni, vidi, vici
#SKUL Mr. President (Founder & Leader)
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 11:54:40 am »

Holo, there is more to it than that. I run a 1GHZ G4, 1GB RAM, and a 64MB ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility, and my framerates are awesome.

His machine is powerful enough to get much better framrerates than he's getting.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 12:15:32 pm »

Indeed just played few rounds on Elandrion's 1Ghz Powerbook(same specs as Typhy's) and it has good framerates in indoor levels(between 25 and 43) only on outdoor maps the PB had troubles to keep the fps up. Then it had between 12 and 18fps. Of course you have to use mid and low settings and don't forget to turn off lightning and such things.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 12:34:42 pm »

It seems to love my powerbook for some reason. I know people with much better machines who are better far worse framerates. It runs off a 250GB External 7200 RPM Drive, so that probably gives me a bit of an advantage over other PB owners, however, that shouldn't be anything major. I run everything on high, 1152x768.

[[EUR]] HoloGram

Don't worry be happy

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 01:21:30 pm »

If u want to tweak RvS - then go into Options - Video - and set shadows "off" - this should give u much more fps.

then turn all Details for RainbowTeam, Tangos and Civilians on "low" - I wont see much of a difference.

U can can turn lightdetails on medium or low - also no big difference.

But u should stay on "high" on Texture Details otherwise the levels look crappy.

Decalls on low - or medium.

U can also turn the soundsettings on low. U wont hear so much then, u will be able to play.

for all ATI 9000 users - try 800X600 as your resolution - or less. B/C higher resolutions mostly cause bad FPS - the card is too slow.

I have a P4 Notebook with ATI 9000 64MB - and also have really bad FPS in higher Res. then 800x600.

800x600 I have constantly 70FPS sometimes in outdoormaps arround 40 FPS.

if i go 1024x768 the FPS go to 10.

Also an Idea is to give more Grafixram to RvS.

look for this file "Ravenshield.mod"

edit it, and change the "Cachesizemegs=32" to the size of your Grafixcard. This could give u some more FPS

veni, vidi, vici
#SKUL Mr. President (Founder & Leader)
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 09:54:44 pm »

Perhaps that's a PC thing, Holo. I see no difference in framerates between 1152x768 and 896x600, I have to go up to 1280x854 in order to see any change.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads