*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:38:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  What makes a great player?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What makes a great player?  (Read 1977 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: October 25, 2002, 06:01:19 am »

Just want to hear everyone thoughts on this. There have been earlier threads on it, but not one for a while. Anyone who posts that camping is what makes a great player... *Looks to Haz to delete posts*.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 06:09:17 am »

A good player plays for the fun of playing. Not for the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat, they play just to play and have fun.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 06:15:38 am »

This brings up somthing the Jeb and I talk about a lot There is a diffrence in what some people consider "fun". For me, there has never been a better moment than going into the tie breaker at 5-5 against KotA ( Sploosh you lucky bastard ). Thats what me and lots of my clanmates like best. Just like at sports. Some people enjoy a nice, fun, regual season game. I perfer a championship overtime game. Genraly I play my best under preasure at both Rogue Spear and sports. And after you win a great, close cb like that, or in the case of KotA, lose ( again, sploosh you lucky bastard ), brings up some emotions, extreme joy if you win, or agony of defeat. Thats part of the game, and depending on the player, that may be what they enjoy most.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 01:12:23 am »

In my opinon what makes a great player is

1) A player that can keep his composure under any circumstance.

2) A player that knows how to support their teammates without having to be told by MP bounds and is able to change their strategy according to how their teammate reacts.

3) A player that is well versed in all maps.

Thats my basic formula for a great player.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 10:15:23 pm »

even though i have r6 experience only and have never delved into the world of RS, I have my own ideas on what makes a great player.

My idea of a great player is one that doesn not rely on his teammates to win. I rarely play in the common definition of "a team". A great player is someone that, when they are stuck in the basement of CSL and it is 4 on 1, them being the last player left, will go into hyper-mode and take out all four to win the game. If you cannot rely on each individual member of a team to take everyone out, than you cannot rely on the team. This post will probably come across as BS because I hear RS is more of a team-based game, but I have had excellent experience in R6 playing completely as an individual (since this is possible in r6). So anyway, it all comes down to individual skills??who has the combo of cleverness, timing, strategy, and all around ownage to be a great individual player.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 09:27:00 pm »

I agree with all of the above, but what really makes a GREAT player is a good graphics card and a fast connection, pref. cable.  Wink

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 01:21:54 am »

Voods, me and my Radion 32MB and my Alaskan 56k will take you anyday!  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 01:22:22 am by Typhy T » Logged

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 03:14:21 am »

Voods, me and my Radion 32MB and my Alaskan 56k will take you anyday!  
lmao, thems soundin like fightin words,  Grin

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 07:01:02 am »

I have actually thought about this before, but the opportunity to present it never arose...

In general, the good players are the ones that do not rush in the first few seconds of the coop game to get the very first kills. What you should be doing is bringing your team together, and moving into the map as a group, covering each other. Anyone who runs out spraying and praying just to get the kill is an ass. This also goes for individual rooms. If you're behind someone who's hbing, they see a guy in a room, and they are slicing the pie (for those of you who are unaware of what that means, it's basically strafing sideways at an angle so that you slowly see more and more of the room until the target is in sight...anyway) ...they are slicing the pie, and you run around them and steal their kill. I hate it when people do that. Just stay fucking put. argh. Anyway, i know I was just babbling, and it probably didn't have much to do with the original topic....what was the original topic again? meh. It's 1:00, gimme a break.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*agt * FLiP?
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 06:30:41 pm »

I totally agree with everyone's remarks..
especially voodoo. Now send me a g..damn
ican voo..grrrrrrrrrrrr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads