*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:17:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13616 times)
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 01:05:13 am »

Prioritizing clans would becoming the problem then krush. I just view this as a way to introduce:

• Clan member limits
• BL oversight into player transfers
• A fresh player cycle
• A fresh clan cycle

With the dual ladder system you risk killing both ladders with one punch.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 02:02:01 am »

therefore not being ranked #1 means no nesesary reason to limit clan size
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2005, 02:17:12 am »

Prioritizing clans would becoming the problem then krush. I just view this as a way to introduce:

• Clan member limits
• BL oversight into player transfers
• A fresh player cycle
• A fresh clan cycle

With the dual ladder system you risk killing both ladders with one punch.

heh, well in that case I'll stick to the team ladder. I know all of the members in cO pretty damn well by now, we all can play with eachother very well for the most part and I know we're all dedicated and come online to cb. If I were drafted and my 'draft clan' all of a sudden becomes inactive I'm sorta screwed for that season. Some players aren't as dedicated as others and the more dedicated players could end up getting screwed over in this process.

I think anybody in cO would tell you our clan isn't half as much for winning as we are for getting on nf and having fun while playing... as a matter of fact, it's a more of a requirement that you have and are willing to get on nf with us in public and cb games to join cO. I can only speak for myself, but I know my activity and dedication would go downhill if I were stuck with a clan that's not as dedicated and one that I don't get along with as much as my current clan.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 02:22:53 am by cO.krush » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2005, 03:00:10 am »

In my opinion, drafting goes against the very foundation of clans. You join a clan because your buddies are in it. I always wanted to join dr because blake and happyjack were in it, and I'm sure you all have similar stories. I oppose this for the same reason I oppose scheduled cbs. I think that gaming is about having fun with your friends, and no battle league has a right to tell you who you battle for, and when you battle (with some exceptions of course).

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2005, 03:01:33 am »

I totally agree krush, Clanning isnt all about the competition,  its about the friendships you make and the bonds you make with the guys you get along with in the clans.  Remember when cO picked up dvs?  (not bashing dvs) dvs wasnt exactly the most pristine ghr player out there, but he was a cool, funny guy, and they liked him for that. On their website it even said "official clan chat whore".  I dont know if its true that they got him cause they liked him, and not his skills, but I respect [a] and {E} for not wanting to split due to the friendships that they have made.

Yeah it would be cool to have more than 5 competitive clans, but this is a community.  Its not just a competition.

Myst your system is great, if all we cared about was winning competition.

I think most of us agree that that isnt all that we look forward to when we log onto GR.

My 2 cents.

Dark Out.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2005, 03:16:20 am »

You seem to be someone who wants a change, but wouldn't be willing to give some sort of sacrifice or outreach on your own to make things happen. Your main argument is flawed in the sense that this system isn't run by robots; players would be able to ask to be released from a clan. That release would allow other clans to request acquisition rights. Then there is trading and such.

Situations and Simple Solutions

• Leader becomes inactive/brickwall - Assuming the team as a whole is wanting to continue under new leadership, the majority of the team could choose to appeal to the DBL administration for a new leader [of the teams choose if within team or of DBL appointment if no inner clan solution is available]. If the player is completely inactive, they could be removed, and the team could try to draft a new player.

• You aren't happy with your team - The team as a whole is healthy, but your relationships have broken down. You can ask the DBL to get your leader to release you. After being released you would be a free agent for clans to try to acquire. Another avenue would be to request a trade be set up if some other player[s - multiple players that add up]with equal skill wish to join the team.

This is simple enough. I suggest this gets more consideration than "I want to be with my friends".

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 03:26:44 am »

Dark, did you pick only your friends when you play some sport during elementary school recesses? No, you were all friends so the teams would be made even through a draft process.

John Lennon
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2005, 04:14:00 am »

Dark, did you pick only your friends when you play some sport during elementary school recesses? No, you were all friends so the teams would be made even through a draft process.

You picked the best players because you had a greater chance of winning - but that has nothing to do with clan size.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 04:48:17 am »

Nor the way that {E} amd [a] pick clan mates, a guy could be good as hell, but be the biggest douche in the world, and no one would take him.  I guarantee that.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2005, 05:03:25 am »

im as noob as they come and i was asked to join {E} lol
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 07:14:26 am »

Well, on the bright side of the issue, soon GhR players will get to refer to the last active GhR seasons as the old days. It's a great feeling..not. In the end of RS we faced the same thing of larger clans swiping up as much as they could, it resulted in the BL eventually coming down to 3 active clans.

You picked the best players because you had a greater chance of winning - but that has nothing to do with clan size.

It does have to do with clan size because it was a example of how things work. There are very few people here who would be proclaimed evil. In fact from the sounds of it, most are friends. Just like in the school yard, everyone was friendly. The teams would often change daily, and usually picked by 2 team leaders. The leaders would pick their closer friends of the top players first, then so on. This essentially what would happen in a draft system.

Anyway, the chances of clans actually being willing to take action are very low. I'll take the pessimistic view and will predict a breakdown by Season XIII.

John Lennon
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005, 06:02:41 pm »

I'de be willing to try this for a season just to see how it works out... Hell, it could be extremely fun for all I know. It's obviously a major change and the biggest bright side to having a season like this would be getting to know players outside your clan better which in the end might actually create more clans. This also might create more activity now that I think about it... I think people may feel more obligated to cb due to the fact they don't want to be released from their team and they don't want to let their team down.

Though I still stand by my earlier arguement, I'm almost all for trying this for a season... change is almost always fun. And change isn't always forever... what could it hurt?

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005, 07:10:54 pm »

I think this idea of drafting clans is pure nonsense.  I would not like to try it out for a seaosn, but maybe try it out for a mini-tournament.

We could somehow have team captains, and informal clans named simply by color.  That would be fun.  I mean, hell, I don't have a problem with any of you, but I'm in the clan with the folks that I am for a reason.

In my opinion this has gotten out of hand.  My original post was to make things more FUN not more COMPLICATED.

jerkasaur

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 09:01:54 pm »

No one has really had anythign to say about setting a limit for new members and thining the clans out by attrition.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005, 10:06:08 pm »

Alternate Strategy

DAMN could limit the number of "active" players. The benefits/workings of such system:

• Active players would be allowed to CB and participate.
• Inactive players wouldn't be allowed to CB.
• Limited active players for each clan to 8(?).
• Players who want to become active (as another becomes inactive) would have to wait a certain amount of time 48 hours - 1 week.

I think that this may be the best way to maintain the friendship clan garbage, while introducing incentive for smaller clans. I would also suggest a lower CB size restriction [4v4 or 6v6].

----
For the record, weak, I don't think that more complicated systems result in less fun, only stupid complex things like a season ending in a weekend of confusion. Roll Eyes

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 10:15:44 pm »

Weird, Myst and I had the same thought. We were discussing the active players idea.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 10:39:14 pm »

I think that this may be the best way to maintain the friendship clan garbage, while introducing incentive for smaller clans. I would also suggest a lower CB size restriction [4v4 or 6v6].

Wtf is this "friendship clan garbage." Some of us really do have friends in the clans and some of us dont i guess, Im assuming you are the latter. Or are you saying that you would have no problem playing with people that you dont like or get along with,, ya ya I doubt it.  Weak had a good reason for starting this forum, it was obviously a concern for a few people here, but this has gotten way out of hand, and it really is to close to this upcoming season to do anything about it anyway. Chill guys and have fun with your friends. And ya , I got a lot of friends in the clan but i also have a lot outside the clan too. Also its ok to have an opinion of your own but its not ok to shit on someone elses opinion because you dont like it.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005, 12:15:25 am »

Yack yack, come in bash then leave. Good plan. To clear this up, discussion is not "way out of hand", nor is finding alternatives. The season isn't set at all right now, if you want to let the community die just to have a fast season, enjoy.

Post on topic, not to bash, or don't post at all.

John Lennon
{E} Ive

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005, 01:11:10 am »

I think {E}s postion is clear.  We play this game cause we gotta bunch friends to enjoy it with an will not give up wearin same tag as those friends. I understand were weaks coming from I dont think splitin up our well established clans is the answer. (all clans not just {E}) Maybe if we could keep people interesting in the game keep em playing lota people just enjoy arguen bout it on here rather then shooting round. I enjoyed our cb with danm and bts couple seasons ago in finals. Ghr is a old game which is not attractin quite as many people as it used to
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2005, 01:39:24 am »

LOL, i cant believe this was even a topic, gezz people a clan cap? sounds like a dictatorship if ya ask me, shouldnt everyone have a "CHOICE" in what clan they go to? weres the "FREEDOM"? Everyone in {E} knows i made them all sign a contract and told them if they ever left {E} or started anyother clan that i was going to hire a contract killer to hunt them and there families down and make them pay, fact of the matter is everyone in {E} knows they are free to leave and play for any other clan, they have a "CHOICE" in what "they"want to do,as a matter of fact, most of my guys agree that they wouldnt want to play for any other clan and tell me if i stop this clan then there not gona play, why you ask?, because they dont care to play with "some of the other dickhead clans out there",or some of the "kid clans out there". most of my guys are 30-55 years of age and enjoy a mature fun style atmosphere and thats why they joined {E},(kind of like going to the bar and drinking with your pals but spending much less $ by doing it on gr).....so if your pissed cause i have too many players then maybe you should stand back and hold "you", or "some" of you clan members in check cause maybe someone didnt come to your clan cause of the above mentioned maybe?... I mean what makes you think if they were not in {E} that they would even CONSIDER going to your clan??, you know "one bad apple could spoil the bunch", hell i can say myself that there are several "top" clans out there and if i wasnt in a clan i wouldnt even consider playing for them cause there a bunch of assholes. lets face it ,if your in a company and go to a job everyday were the production was awsome, but the coworkers were assholes and made you miserable everyday wouldnt you try to find another job?, or would you stay there and take a bunch of bullshit when you really didnt have to?, this is called a choice, freedom ect.(and just think.... people at that so called shitty job gets paid for it), as for us here on gr we dont .just remember people that came to {E} by choice, not by a gun being held to there heads, so if you feel i have made a monopoly by sucking up all the clan talent, "take a look at yourself", maybe it was because they didnt want to join you, or your clan. last season some clans stated that we didnt cb enough, so we go and get some more players........ now this year we have to many players and met  "YOUR" needs and cbed more than anyone,"its dammed if you do dammed if you dont", as a matter of fact i know of several cbs that didnt get posted cause players in the other clans were getting beat and decided they didnt  want to cb because of of that and just left the game,but did we nail anyone to the cross here? no we didnt , not a word was said nothing........and some of the other cbs didnt get posted cause gezz people it was just preseason, who knows if we had made all the post we may have won the dam thing. Now as for the amount of members we have ,we have somewere around 30 or so,half of them are back at college or on the road alot due to jobs,or just like to jump on everynow and then just to play a quick few games. Our active cb team is  around the number of 10-15 people if that, so now lets ATTACK some of the other clans out there that have way to many people that are ACTIVE on there cb team,Now lets hear some you peeps start your bitching once again cause god knows i cant speak my mind or make a post without it getting flamed or bitched about......thanks had fun posting this if ya took offence then sorry maybe you should hold yourself in check clapping hands
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:50:59 am by {E} 357mag » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads