*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:47:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  re-install raven shield?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: re-install raven shield?  (Read 2582 times)
TError

« on: April 04, 2004, 06:13:51 pm »

I have a 17" iMac, 1 ghz G4, 64 mb GeForce 4 MX, 768 mb DDR RAM. i get 15-25 fps indoor and 10-15 fps outdoor. i have it installed in the applications folder, does that give me a worse framerate? I've heard some stuff about that it could cause problems havin it installed in the applications folder, but has it caused any known problems yet? i am considering re-installing raven shield, but would that just be a waste of time, the only thing i can see i might have done wrong is that i have installed it in the applications folder.

I have tryed raven shield on a 15" powerbook with the same specs as my iMac, except that the powerbook has a 64 mb ati radeon 9600, i got 5+ fps compared to the iMac, and it wasn't installed in the applications folder. i've heard that raven shield is optimized for ati cards, so that could have caused the improvement.

to make a long story short, could i get better framerate if i re-install raven shield in a folder on the harddrive instead of the applications folder?

TError, formerly known as Marcyboy
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 08:05:19 pm »

It is possible but probably not noticeable. Aspyr does recommend that you install the game in your shared folder or a folder called "games" as I do.

Personally I would try a re-install because I would want to get the best fps that I can get. There are also many server.ini tweaks that you can find on the net that will also improve your fps. Just do a google search.

voods

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
TError

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 10:44:39 am »

i've optimized my ravenshield.ini already. I can't find any tweaks for server.ini, could i get a link to a page or a word to search on at google?

What files will have to be deleted outside the raven shield folder to do a complete re-install?
if i backup the save folder in the raven shield folder, will all my save games, controls, graphic settings, plans, everything i've made, be backed up or is there more i'll need to be able to get it back once the re-install is complete?

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 05:59:43 pm »

You can google search "Raven Shield Tweaks" and find alot of information that you are looking for.

As far as what files/folders you need to back up, I am not sure. I have not done a re-install myself. I guess saving the save folder is a start. And your prefs. are in the library/prefs/com.aspyr.ravenshield.plist folder and wont be touched.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
TError

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 01:02:47 pm »

i can't find any tweaks at google i haven't already done.

i'll be re-installing, but shall i delete or keep the com.aspyr.ravenshield.plist?

i'll back-up everything before i delete it, so i can always revert it, but it would be nice to know what i will be doing before i do it.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 01:58:32 am »

If you only play multiplayer (like me), you pretty much only need to worry about the user.ini file, which contains all of your keybinds and whatnot. If you have a custom armpatch, save that too. Also any maps/mods you've downloaded.

If you play the campaign in single-player, you'll need to save your game from that. I have no idea where it's saved, though.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Taunide
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 03:52:43 pm »

Folks I am Sorry to Disturb.. but you are talking about Raven Shield for Mac?? Where do you get it from?? I try to buy Raven Shield for Mac since October and I can't get it anywhere.. At least in Germany.. can anyone tell me where to buy it??

Thanks in advance
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 03:57:48 pm »

Your best best is to probably buy it online... the apple store should have it. Amazon, etc...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 04:08:02 pm »

the german apple store doesnt have it... the german amazon shop neither and ordering from germany from a foreign amazon online shop doesnt work unfortunately.

try it here. a dutch online shop with all the actual macgames available for order.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
quickresponse
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 04:32:02 pm »

or Playmax.de: https://ssl.kundenserver.de/playmax.de/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=1981&osCsid=7499c8dab0421a2186d9184c49cf0956

or arktis.de: http://www.arktis-store.de/suche.php4?suchbegriff=raven+shield&go.x=19&go.y=7&partnerid=

and gravis, comspot, m&m, ebay, and where you want...

but all these prolly sell only the german version, so mb you better go with civic's dealer.
Civrock

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 04:39:36 pm »

yeah... all this german shops will be shipping the german version only which still isnt out yet. available for pre-ordering though... (the german port is going sooo slow, unbelievable)

Taunide
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 04:57:42 pm »

Hey Thanks danke merci.. I will find a way to buy it.. I don't care if it is the english version.. anything is better than waiting any longer

Nochmals danke an alle Ratgeber..  werde es umgehend besorgen..
Civrock

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 05:01:31 pm »

alles klar, Taunide. viel spass damit! Smiley

Taunide
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 05:19:21 pm »

Danke.. ich kenns ja schon vom PC
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 07:40:09 pm »

the german apple store doesnt have it... the german amazon shop neither and ordering from germany from a foreign amazon online shop doesnt work unfortunately.

U seriouse? U can't buy stuff from another Amazon store and just have it shipped? damn! Sounds like a bugger!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 11:44:08 pm »

U seriouse? U can't buy stuff from another Amazon store and just have it shipped? damn! Sounds like a bugger!

They said you can't buy it from those places because the German port isn't out yet, only available for pre-order.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Civrock

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 12:00:00 am »

looks like there is some new law here which doesnt allow german shops anymore to sell imported games in english original versions which have a too high rating (like Mature or Adult).

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 12:18:55 am »

Well then, that sucks big time.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Taunide
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 01:56:22 pm »

We orderd it at amazon UK. we will see what will happen.. (no i am not talking about myself in plural, we are a group of colleagues)
Taunide
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 04:32:48 pm »

I just arrived from UK to germany.. no probs whatsoever.. Thanks for your advice..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads